PDA

View Full Version : Dragon and Tiger Qi Gong

e-Warrior
06-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone

Just learnt this set about a month ago from Andrew Popovic (BK Frantzis lineage). I wondering if anyone here was familiar with it. I learnt this in a workshop but intend to take more regular classes with Andrew when circumstances permit. Anyway, the question I have is - is it necessary or important to use the mind or intent concerning the chi? The thing is Dragon and Tiger seems to have a lot of "throwing" and "catching" of chi type movements and I'm sure he said something about using intent.

Repulsive Monkey
06-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Intent is key, and I found when I learnt it off of Chris Chappel another senior student of Mr Frantzis he said next to nothing about it. Unfortunately it is said that one can tell the quality of a Master by studying with their top students, and if this is true then Frantzis has got to be crapp.

However I knew Frantzis wasn't all he is cracked up to be before I studied with one of his top pupils. Believe me there are so many other people worth studying with than Frantzis's lineage, believe me.

e-Warrior
06-11-2003, 01:40 AM
Well, Popovic did go on about intent, but I think I missed a few bits cos I was concentrating on the basic movements (the second movement in particular which proved to be the most difficult). On the whole, I found the instruction given quite good.

I suppose learning these things in a seminar is not the best way which is why I intend to take more regular classes in the future.

Believe me there are so many other people worth studying with than Frantzis's lineage, believe me.

Who are these more worthy people? I'm always open to suggestions, especially in a field that is relatively new to me.

yenhoi
06-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Dont listen to the monkey, he will lead you down the wrong path.

Repulsive Monkey
06-12-2003, 06:53 AM
And why would I do that, why don't you make comments directly to me if you disagree with me?

e-Warrior
06-13-2003, 06:28 AM
I like to think I'm not easily led, Yenhoi.

As I said in my previous post, Popovic's instruction was quite good. I think learning the whole thing in a day leaves a bit to be desired. Having said that, when I practice the set, I find it does seem to generate energy and I would say that it's a good exercise. I was just wondering if getting the intent part perfect increases the effect.