PDA

View Full Version : ab belts

davethedragon
06-05-2003, 09:01 AM
hello everyone my girlfriend said that she wants one for her birthday in july but i have always heard that they are crap. does anybody have one or know whether they work or not?she does not have any body fat around her belly but wants a six pack.try telling the mrs that theres no avoiding the sit ups and you get a firm backhander!!i will get her one but only if they actually work. by ab belt by the way i mean one of the belt things that sends electrical impulses into your stomach to stimulate the muscles.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

dave

Ford Prefect
06-05-2003, 09:31 AM
They don't work.

Low body fat is the most important part of a 6-pack.

Robinf
06-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Two studies I've heard a while back proved they don't work.

lie down, sit up, repeat.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-05-2003, 12:22 PM
somepeople just need some type of machine to look at to get them motivated.

maybe an ab roller or one of those u-shaped things. i really dont see how the u things are any different than situps, but they do work as far as i was able to tell while trying one out.

Robinf
06-05-2003, 12:25 PM
The U thing comes with a head rest so people can do crunches without bothering to have to hold up their own head.

Cyborg
06-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Ford is right. On both. However... if she doesn't have any fat around her middle then just a few crunches a day can develop the muscle to show nicely. I remember when I first started working my stomach, I could feel it and it would be smooth under the skin for the first few weeks then it started to ripple.

DON'T BUY THE MACHINE!!!!

Becca
06-05-2003, 09:23 PM
I've heard that the Ab Roller is good support for people with back problems. Sposed to help them keep good body mechanics. But that electro shock thingy is not good for what you're describing. They were designed to help slow muscle atrophy in bed-ridden people. It doesn't sound like your wife has that problem.:)

davethedragon
06-09-2003, 12:26 AM
that has made my mind up i knew they were pants but needed confirmation. there is no alternative to hard work. all i have to do now is think of something else.

cheers everybody for you replies.

Becca
06-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Get her a Swiss Ball and an instructional vidio on how to do ab workouts with it. They are lots of fun and take the monotony out of doing abs.

davethedragon
06-09-2003, 06:20 AM
thanx becca that is a good idea that way i get to use it aswell!