PDA

View Full Version : UFC 43 - Friday Night - Free Preview

truewrestler
06-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Just a reminder for you MMA fans out there. UFC 43 Meltdown this Friday night on PPV. Free fight at 9:30PM EST, show starts at 10.

http://www.sherdog.com/articles/ufc43preview/ufc43preview_01.htm

Suntzu
06-05-2003, 12:17 PM
'bout time Vitor came back…

truewrestler
06-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Vitor fought recently, losing by decision to Chuck Liddell. Liddell is fighting Randy Couture.

Water Dragon
06-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Have you seen how ripped Randy is now? Wow!

Suntzu
06-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Have you seen how ripped Randy is now? Wow! made cutting weight look easy... bastids :mad:
Vitor fought recently, losing by decision to Chuck Liddell. :eek:
Liddell is fighting Randy Couture. Liddell is gonna have his hands full... too bad things didn't work out for Chuck vs Tito... fighting Randy could be one of those fights that you don't look the same after... kinda like BJ after fighting Jens...

truewrestler
06-06-2003, 05:52 AM
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/ufc43/ufc43_01_01.jpg

http://sherdog.com/fightfinder/pictures/Randy_Couture_profile.jpg

Unstoppable
06-06-2003, 06:06 AM
yah randy will win with superor takedowns from clinch

chuck has a dood sprall but hes never fougt someone good from clinch as randy randy wont be shooting in

same reason i think randy can bet tito after he bets chuck

truewrestler
06-06-2003, 06:11 AM
"chuck has a dood sprall but hes never fougt someone good from clinch as randy randy wont be shooting in"

I don't doubt for one second that Couture can get him down... its whether he can keep him down that i'm unsure about.

Unstoppable
06-06-2003, 06:37 AM
yah goood point

truewrestler
06-06-2003, 11:57 AM
to the top!!!

truewrestler
06-07-2003, 09:30 AM
anyone watch? Great show

Oso
06-07-2003, 10:09 AM
yeah, how did chuck do? I like the guys w/o all the attitude.

Him and I think it's Jens Pulver are both down to earth guys.

Ortiz is undeniably a great fighter but man is he an azz.

Unstoppable
06-07-2003, 12:14 PM
WHOAH great takedowns by randy that guy is a freakin legend

eddie ruiz how tough is he? he got pounded a lot by edwards but no KO

tank = loser

wes sims = psycho

good to see vitor back to his OLD form the GUY can be SCARY GOOD when hes on form HOW ABOUT THAT CUT?????? WHOAH??????

vernon white and ian freeman i gave hte edge to white but it was pretty close

tra vs pedro rizzo i think rizzo is a spent FORCE he looked VULNERABLE but his striking is enough to give anyone probs

RANDY IS THE GREATEST HUMAN BEING IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND WHAT A FIGHTER WHAT A GREAT GUY WHAT A ROLE MODEL

Unstoppable
06-07-2003, 12:15 PM
ALSO WTF HAPPENED TO MATT LINDLAND????????????

ROTFLMAO

truewrestler
06-08-2003, 11:26 AM
haha yeah, not sure about Matt... I did hear that he didn't seriously hurt himself

Suntzu
06-09-2003, 06:15 AM
did Chuck REALLY wanna see Tito… or is Randy THAT good?… cuz Chuck… I like him and all… but he looked clueless…

it would have been nice to see Vitor actually fight… but he was still d@mn impressive…

Yves is a smooth mahfuka… now if they can present him with a quality opponent…

truewrestler
06-09-2003, 07:53 AM
I don't know what was up with Chuck.... his gameplan worked except for the actually winning. I thought if he could keep it standing like he did that he'd be able to rock Randy but his standup was non-existent....a big suprise. Hopefully he'll get another shot at the title before the end of the year.

SevenStar
06-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Suntzu
made cutting weight look easy... bastids :mad: :eek: Liddell is gonna have his hands full... too bad things didn't work out for Chuck vs Tito... fighting Randy could be one of those fights that you don't look the same after... kinda like BJ after fighting Jens...

tito and chuck are really good friends... my guess is that that fight will never happen unles they get a HUGE sum of money, as two friends don't wanna fight eachother

Suntzu
06-09-2003, 11:08 AM
they, nothing... Chuck wants(ed) the fight... Tito and UFC just couldn't see eye to eye... as far as $$$...
fighting Randy could be one of those fights that you don't look the same after... d@mn... did i call that one... only time will tell

SevenStar
06-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Oso
yeah, how did chuck do? I like the guys w/o all the attitude.

Him and I think it's Jens Pulver are both down to earth guys.

Ortiz is undeniably a great fighter but man is he an azz.

from what I hear, he's a generous azz though... he donates money to several children's charities.

Suntzu
06-09-2003, 11:18 AM
and how did I forget about Wes Simms… illegal or not… DAYUM!!!!… I don’t like Mir any way…

FatherDog
06-09-2003, 12:45 PM
I've heard that Ortiz is a great guy with fans but an arrogant jerk to other fighters. I've never met the guy, so I can't really say either way.

Chuck has great defense against shoots, but Randy was punching his way into the clinch and taking him down with upper body stuff, and Chuck didn't seem to be able to stop him. Randy's punches were tighter and faster than Chuck's, so he wasn't able to keep him at a distance. I think Liddell not having much experience in working the jab was a big factor there.

Randy just came in with a good gameplan, improved striking, and great conditioning to back it up. Glad to see it, too; I always liked Couture.

Oso
06-09-2003, 02:19 PM
seven, that's good to hear about Tito. I'll grant maybe it's his stage persona but I've just never liked all that crap from anyone. I like the guys who go out there and do what they can do, for win or lose, and not make a big show of it all. And, like I said, I do admire his ability, I just don't see the point in all the **** talking.

Unstoppable
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
i thought randy at least two time got the takedown from shooting the double not from clinch

truewrestler
06-10-2003, 07:26 AM
http://belching.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/eastman.jpg

Chang Style Novice
06-10-2003, 07:49 AM
That's a major f@#$ing cut!

FatherDog
06-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Did anyone else think Eastman looked remarkably like Lou Gosset Jr?

truewrestler
06-10-2003, 09:06 AM
yeah, that cut is horrible

I thought to myself afterwards...."maybe they stopped the fight tooo early, i guess he was taking some good shots....oh my god look at that cut -- good thing the fight was stopped" hehe