PDA

View Full Version : Guys Help Me With Some Quick Advice

Shuul Vis
06-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Ok on my way to class last week this moron started running up to me with a golf club yelling for me to stop. Eventually i did and he asked to see what was in the duffel bag i was carrying. I asked why repeatedly and he grew angry and still insisted on seeing what i was carrying. Finally he said someone had been stealing from him and he saw me walking around the area alot and suspected me of being the thief. This made me angry mostly because he was making threatening gestures with the golf club.

Now i think i could give this guy a massive beating but the golf club made me think twice. Mostly because one good shot to my head could kill me. So i showed him what was in my bag and he left. However he has since followed me and i think he may try to do the same thing again. My question: should i just toss this guy a beating if he comes up to me with a weapon again? i mean i feel threatened just walking around my street and i dont like that. i have been thinking about just attacking him without even saying anything if he even approaches me again when armed. Any ideas guys?

Water Dragon
06-05-2003, 03:26 PM
You just got sized up big time. Most likely, he's gonna try to mug you real soon. After all, he knows you're not dangerous now, don't he?

Be careful

Ben Gash
06-05-2003, 03:32 PM
He's threatened you with an offensive weapon and violated your civil rights under the threat of violence. Now he's harassing you.
Call the cops man.

Shuul Vis
06-05-2003, 03:32 PM
thats the feeling i get too man. I feel like he is just waiting to get me with a couple friends or something. So i dont know if i should just really lay into him before he even says anything next time i see him approaching me, or just leave or try to reason with him. i hate this stuff. Things like this used to happen to me in my home town alot when i was growing up just because i looked different than most people. GRR.

Shuul Vis
06-05-2003, 03:33 PM
yeah i will call the cops if he approaches me again. but im worried about what i should do during that time that he does.

rogue
06-05-2003, 04:03 PM
My question: should i just toss this guy a beating if he comes up to me with a weapon again? i mean i feel threatened just walking around my street and i dont like that. i have been thinking about just attacking him without even saying anything if he even approaches me again when armed. Any ideas guys? Here's my view, the guy doesn't really want to hit you or else he would have, but he thinks you may be stealing from him so he might. Right now he's frustrated for a legitimate reason. What you need to think about are solutions that won't hurt him or hurt him too much.

1. If you can, walk on the other side of the street.
2. Get someone in authority and talk to him. Ask him why he thinks it's you and try to clear up the misunderstanding.
3. Think about techniques you could do to him where you won't cause him permanent injury just in case he does attack. If your training doesn't have anything like that check out systems such as CDT (http://www.attscanada.com/ppct.html) , Pressure Point Control Tactics (http://www.cdt-training.com) or aikido.

Laughing Cow
06-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Easy solution to a situation like this.

Anybody wants to take a peek into my stuff can feel free to do so at the closest Police station and they go NOW as they are and WITH what they are carrying.

If he does not want to go to the station I pull a Cel out and summon a Cop to the spot.

Cheers.

Fred Sanford
06-05-2003, 04:14 PM
what ben said.

ZIM
06-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah, what Ben said.

Why'd you wait so long, Vis? Not dam ning you, just asking, mind. He's stalking you, coz he's got this into his head...a little on the unbalanced side maybe.

MonkeySlap Too
06-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Take him to the emergency room so that you can see the EMT's marvel at how tha golf club got rammed so far up his alimentary canal.

Ben Gash
06-05-2003, 04:56 PM
MST, I stopped being amazed by what people manage to ram up their poop shoot some time ago.
********s- There's no excuse here
Potatoes- I was peeling potatoes in the bath when...
Coal?????
Doorknobs- I'd just got out the shower and I fell against the door
Eggs???????????
A jar of mustard- Why??????
A bottle of toilet bleach-I was getting off the toilet and I slipped
Now my aim is to get a double whammy, a guy with something stuck up his ass AND his **** stuck in a vacuum cleaner :D

Water Dragon
06-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Ben, you either have a very interesting job or a very alternative lifestyle.

Laughing Cow
06-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gash
Now my aim is to get a double whammy, a guy with something stuck up his ass AND his **** stuck in a vacuum cleaner :D

I think for that you might need to head into fire fighting, para medics or similar.

Those guys get to see some weird things, like some Dude sticking his bit into the extraction valve of his pool and can't pull it out anymore.

Suck it to me baby. :D

joedoe
06-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Well, advice is all well and good when I was not there, but here is my 2 cents worth anyway.

You probably should not have backed down and let him look inside your bag. You probably should have informed him that he has no right to inspect your bag and if he is accusing you of stealing his gear then you are quite happy to bring the police into it to settle the dispute. Otherwise he is simply harassing you. Then if he decided to get upset about that, you could use your MA training to defend yourself :)

rogue
06-05-2003, 06:23 PM
For your dining (http://www.well.com/user/cynsa/leviton/)

and (http://www.well.com/user/cynsa/newpiles.html#fig)

dancing pleasure. (http://www.well.com/user/cynsa/april/index.html)

fa_jing
06-05-2003, 06:26 PM
If he comes running up to you with a golf club, I say kick his ass fast or run. And scream that you're going to call the cops while doing either of these.

You may want to consider carrying a golf club, too. :cool:

rogue
06-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Maybe Shuul has a golf ball taped to the back of his head.

brassmonkey
06-05-2003, 08:55 PM
lol at the golf ball. If he's gonna use a golf club then your allowed a weapon to defend yourself however not a gun though you might wanna carry 1 just in case. Me personally I'm never without a knife. Talk to your teacher, I guarantee he's got some solutions.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-06-2003, 01:15 AM
shuul actually mentioned carrying his eskirma sticks with him. they stick up out of his bookbag so that alone should be a deterant. if not i wouldnt want to be the other dude .... shuul aint no joke with the sticks.

his whole problem is he's a nice guy and would rather not hurt people if he dont have to.

shaolin kungfu
06-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Shoot his kneecaps. He'll stop following you.

shaolin kungfu
06-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Ok, seriously. Call the cops if you feel unsafe. Carrying the sticks where they can be seen is good to.

Shuul Vis
06-06-2003, 04:52 PM
thanks for the advice guys. i havent seen him in the past 2 days so ill keep you posted if anything happens. thanks for the praise GDA.