PDA

View Full Version : Luo Fu Shan?

cricri
06-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Does Luo Fu Shan mean anything for you?

It seems that there are some masters who are related to that place.

JAZA
06-06-2003, 02:01 PM
which masters, grillo?

FIRE HAWK
06-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Luo Fu Shan is a mountain region in Southern China I cant remember what provice it is in .

cricri
06-07-2003, 02:07 AM
by now, the masters I think are :
- Tait Yan
- Dai Yuk
- Nam Hai Chan Nhan
- Share K. Lew

I am wondering if their styles are very similar

Sho
06-07-2003, 05:37 AM
Choy Fook was rumoured to be living there in a temple at the time when Lee Yau San sent Chan Heung to learn from him.

JAZA
06-07-2003, 08:36 AM
cri2, all I know is that law fo shan have and had several temples, most of then taoists and one little buddhist temple.
Choy Fook taught Chan Heung there.
Of all the masters you posted I only recognize Share K. Lau, who is the nephew of Lau Bun and the teacher of Frank Primicias.

Ao Qin
06-07-2003, 01:51 PM
This mountain is where Lam Yiu Kwai learned Dragon Style from Tai Yuk, for a two-year period - the Wah Sao Toh (sp?) Buddhist Temple.

Next time I make it to China, I'd sure like to visit that area! I wonder if Dragon Style is popular in that area...

Cheers - Ao Qin

cricri
06-08-2003, 12:58 PM
To be more complete :

- Tait Yan is the master of Ha Hon Hung , the founder of Yau Kung Mun (www.yaukungmun.com.au/sijo_ha_hon_hung.htm)
- Dai Yuk is the founder of Lung Ying kung fu (www.lungying.envy.nu/index1.html)
- Nam Hai Chan Nhan is the founder of Hong Gia Vietnam (www.hong-gia.org)
- Share K. Lew (www.jadedragon.com/archives/martarts/lew.html)

And there is also Choi Fook who is the master of Chan Heung the founder of Choy lee fut.

I notice that all the people were boudhist or taoist monk. Do you think that these people might known each other? And thus do you think that these styles are similar? or based on same principle? (I do not know these styles)

It seems that the monks had to move away during the chinese revolution in 1949.

JAZA
06-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Interesting, first you have to review the differents periods but maybe there are cross influences in the styles.

Ben Gash
06-09-2003, 10:50 AM
It's difficult to think of two more different styles that Lung Ying and CLF.

triskellin
06-09-2003, 11:09 PM
allo, actually i think clf and lung ying have a few things in common. We both have the gwa choi strike, and alot of the circular hammerfists are the same as well. there's just different names for some of them and clf trains the bigger swing for more power. some of the combos go in the same order as well (like gwa choi and sau choi). that hong gia vietnam site had a photo of a similar tech as well. there's probably alot more differences than similarities, but i suppose if u look at the motions behind the techs you can find the same things.

Serpent
06-09-2003, 11:55 PM
All roads lead to Rome, eh? ;)

CLF emphasises a lot of long arm technique early on and that reduces to 2nd and 3rd gate techniques as a practitioner's skill develops. Still, for every similarity (between any two styles) there's probably a difference. That's why there are so many successful systems out there.

Lowlynobody
06-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Heh. Conections within connections, eh? I have seen Yau Kung Mun called by another name - northern dragon.

triskellin
06-10-2003, 12:56 AM
oh ok. have u seen any similarities with northern dragon and ykm? i think 5 animal dragon have some similarities with lung ying as well. i once sparred with a guy who does southern shaolin and even though the techniques weren't exactly the same, the motions behind it were almost identical. then again i tend to think motions behind techs in all cma are the same, hehe :D

ok off topic (sorry for the plug), but if anyone in sydney is interested in purchasing a never used kei lun (chinese unicorn), my sifu is selling one plus it's instruments (the unicorn drum and cymbals). you can contact me at dskfa@yahoo.com.au if interested.

btw are the temples still standing? :D

Ben Gash
06-10-2003, 02:38 AM
The mechanics in CLF and Lung Ying are very different. CLF relies on longarm power through torquing of the waist. Lung Ying relies on Shorthand power through wave motion and the harmonies of 3 gates.

cricri
06-10-2003, 10:51 PM
It is common to say that without kung fu the kuen is no nothing.

So I think that to see if there is similarities between CLF and Lung Ying we have to compare how these two styles generate the jing.

Regarding the period, after reading website I made this conclusion :
- the shaolin temple was burnt in 1734
- Choy Fook left Shaolin temple and went to Law foo shan and pass away after 1836. 1836 is the year when Chan Heung left the mountain. Choy Fook was over 100 year and that time.
- Lam Yu Gwai studied at that mountain between 1895 and 1905
- Tait Yan studied there between 1915 and 1924
- Nam Hai Chan Nhan studied there between 1905 and 1949
- Share K. Lew before 1949

Your remarks?