PDA

View Full Version : The Best Streetfighter

shaun
06-07-2003, 02:46 PM
hey guys,

i got a pretty interesting question..well maybe not to you but to me...

who is the best street fighter of all time...what do you guys think

bruce lee? was he as good as he is portrayed to be?

shaun

Void Boxing
06-07-2003, 04:32 PM
It is hard to say who would be the bets fighter of all time, as each fighter was good in their own right. Personally, i would say that Vanderlei Silva is a great street fighter, Bruce lee was alright for his time, Vitor belfort, Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock. Just to name a few. There are many great examples of fighters to learn from out there. Dont be too concerned with who is better and who is worst - learn from them all and increase your vocabulary of fighting.

LEGEND
06-08-2003, 07:14 AM
Bouncers and Cops.

Kristoffer
06-08-2003, 07:50 AM
Me ;)

Merryprankster
06-08-2003, 08:05 AM
You've never heard of the best streetfighter of all time. He got shanked, shot, or otherwise killed somewhere in a ****ty place we've probably never seen.

yuanfen
06-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Right MP. The best street fighter I have known took care of grapplers, boxers, football players andother street fighters.
Made a living gambling. Fights over cards and gambling as well.
He won them all except the last one- it wasnt a fight at all.
A hit man- came up and sat next to him at a bar and stucka rusty ice pick into him. The fighter lived but was a shell of a man after that.

Former castleva
06-15-2003, 12:58 PM
I´m along the same lines as MP and fen.

Do not know about the "best" but I´m willing to bet that a "succesful" one is living a life less desirable (or killed already) criminal by definition,in danger and messed up...no glamour there unlike some kids think.
:mad:

Repulsive Monkey
06-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Thats a joke right? Bruce lee was never a street fighter.

Shaolin-Do
06-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Id have to go with either M. Bison or Guile.

:rolleyes:

HuangKaiVun
06-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Why wasn't Bruce Lee a street fighter?

He fought in his youth against guys on the street, and his martial art strives toward practicality. Like it or not, a lot of his stuff WORKS in the street scenario.

All of the true streetfighters (i.e. people who've actually fought) I have worked with have real respect for Bruce Lee, though none of them think that he is the toughest man around.

Lowlynobody
06-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Bruce who?

TheGhostDog
06-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Bruce Lee wouldn't make the top 1000 streetfighters list for a very simple reason: he was too small. How would Bruce go in a bar against someone like Butterbean ? Bruce wouldn't be able to move around much and so there's no way he could avoid the ferocity of someone like Butterbean.

One name that would be on that list is Lenny McLean. He was in the movie Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and played Barrie The Baptist. Lenny was a bouncer and underground boxing champion.

Here's a web-site on him http://theguvnor.netmag.easyspace.com
which also talks about other great streetfighters.

Cashier Graham
06-18-2003, 11:50 AM
The Guv'nor had fists the size of boxing gloves truly an intimidating sight! Whoever the best streetfighter was he's bound to be British:D and from up north:cool: :p

Losttrak
06-18-2003, 12:18 PM
From what I heard, Bruce Lee was considered a really bully where he grew up. Always picking fights, etc. His body type was considered large where he was. =O

chen zhen
06-22-2003, 06:35 AM
I don't really have an opinion about who would be the better street-fighter, but BL is the only one of the mentioned I know who had many real street-confrontations, both in Hong Kong and in the US. The others would be called experienced fighters because of their background in extreme fighting sports, and BL *may* be called a more experienced fighter street-wise. Who is the better fighter overall, I don't know, don't drag me into that discussion, lol:)

joedoe
06-22-2003, 08:48 PM
What about Marc MacYoung?

Samurai Jack
06-22-2003, 09:42 PM
No way, Blanca was the most a$$ kickin' street fighter. Of course if you want the best HUMAN street fighter, I'd put my vote on Guy. He's soooo fast you can hardly hit hit him unless you put your character on turbo and turn off his!

Samurai Jack
06-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Oh, and Mac Young rocks, but he hates Streetfighter.:(

KungFuFighting
06-24-2003, 05:40 PM
what about Bass Rutten, thats guys pretty hard core. UFC world champion

SanSoo Student
06-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Bas Rutten could kill me..
Those shin kicks of his look very VERY lethal, onr hit from those in the temple or behind the ear.. and I would die
his stand up punching is alright, he doesn't shift his weight well.

Merryprankster
06-25-2003, 03:10 AM
LIVER SHOT!

SanSoo Student
06-25-2003, 09:49 AM
OUCH...:confused: *knockout*

SanSoo Student
06-25-2003, 09:50 AM
HAHAHA...so it has begun..
I have started to troll..:D

Yung Apprentice
06-26-2003, 11:16 PM
Best streetfighter? There is only one. Terry Tsugury. (played by Sonny Chiba for those who don't know)

Shaolinlueb
07-01-2003, 12:25 PM
colonel guile as actually the best in street fighter 2, but then ryu and ken got more powerful. hmmm.

if i have to say real, I dont know, so many noble warriors from a long time ago that no one ever knew off.

HuangKaiVun
07-13-2003, 03:55 PM
This one is easy:

the person who knows how to AVOID getting into a streetfight.

It doesn't matter how tough a person thinks he is, he's in big trouble when he faces people armed with guns or knives - and especially when he takes on more than one attacker.

Being the biggest and baddest ringfighter won't guarantee success against a bunch of armed thugs.