PDA

View Full Version : A question for all Wing Chunners

5man
06-07-2003, 07:33 PM
A question for all. I am in search for what meets your needs for a web based store. A store that deals only for Wing Chun people. What would you like to see or what would you buy.

Most appreciated..

Atleastimnotyou
06-07-2003, 08:30 PM
kung fu shoes with cloth soles

KPM
06-08-2003, 07:39 AM
Seems simple enough. I would think you would want to carry a quallity line of wooden dummies, long poles and knives. A good dit da jow formulation. Perhaps a line of training knives made from wood or high impact plastic. Empty wall bags to be filled with beans, shot, or gravel. Various T shirts with WCK related designs that are not affiliated with any one school. Pick one or several lines of WCK books or videos to carry. Maybe some open-finger gloves, chest protectors and head guards for those that get into doing WCK in san sau competitions. And as mentioned, various models of footwear: cotton soled shoes, plastic soled shoes, and the short boots for people to pick from. That's what I would do at least. :-)

Keith

Phil Redmond
06-08-2003, 09:24 AM
KPM,
Thanks for the ideas Doc. I've already recieved my first order of Cold Steel Butterfly Swords that I plan to sell on my site. Also, I have had a friend in Canada making a PVC dummy made to the specs of the original Koo Sang dummies. The arms are made of wood and are the same as the Koo Sang arms. The original fault in the arm spacing has been fixed. We are ready to take orders for them. WC gear with generic WC logos is also a really good idea. I could see wearing a T shirt with a generic WC logo the next time I go to an event where there are other WC people to show unity.
Phil

Alpha Dog
06-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Good quality skipping ropes.

Things to avoid: cheesy patches with dragons and words that say "Kung Fu Federation" and so forth; and Bruce Lee books/videos.

foolinthedeck
06-08-2003, 01:30 PM
secret scrolls that end all arguments over lineage once and for all...

R0D
06-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Would be nice if all Wing Chun schools could get along with others and no BS like we are better then they. I would like to buy T-shirts with Wing Chun text and maybe with a good slogan, something like the famous "the shortest line between 2 points is..." that fits.

No trademarks from either school, thats up to the schools out there. BTW a really nice website you have there Phil Redmond. I have my own website about wing chun, you can check it out if you want: http://www.rodswingchun.com (in need off a update).

WCis4me
06-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by foolinthedeck
secret scrolls that end all arguments over lineage once and for all...
LMAO!

anerlich
06-09-2003, 04:59 AM
I've already recieved my first order of Cold Steel Butterfly Swords that I plan to sell on my site.

Cold Steel make Butterfly Swords?

If that's Cold Steel, the knife company I'm thinking of, they would be a slick set of blades but SUPER EXPENSIVE ...

Any more details?

Now if Spyderco made swords, I'd HAVE to get a pair.

Neurotic
06-09-2003, 08:32 AM
anerlich -

Good luck getting them shipped and/or owning them in Australia.

You can do it if you have the appropriate weapons licencing, but from what I have heard, it's a seperate proccess to get them through customs (need a letter of some kind, I forget)

My Sifu has a collectors weapon's licence (he has a LARGE collection of knives) and had a lot of trouble once just bringing back knives in his suitcase, because even though he has a weapon's licence, he needed extra paperwork.

Just a word of warnin' if ya never brought weapons in from overseas before :D

Phil Redmond
06-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Hey Anerlich, They are from the famous Cold Steel Co.
Have a look at this;
http://www.coldsteel.com/88bf.html
If you have ever seen the Cold Steel demo tapes/CDs you know how amazing their edged weapons are. These sword will cut through flesh and bone.
Neurotic might be right about getting them to Oz. Maybe you should look into it.
Phil

Phil Redmond
06-09-2003, 11:39 AM
secret scrolls that end all arguments over lineage once and for all

I had a copy. I lent it out and never got it back.....lol
Phil

anerlich
06-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks Phil. I have a couple of Cold Steel knives and agree they are excellent.

Neurotic, thanks for the tip, I've experienced first hand a couple of times the difficulties of getting certain weapon related items and videos through customs. That said, a pair of ArtMasters swords I ordered for my Sihing's wife for her to give to him as a birthday present sailed straight through no probs.

My Sifu has a couple of sets of really nice razor sharp swords handmade by Australian knifesmiths. By all accounts the size of the blade means they are really demanding on a knifesmith, and the guy charged him well over $1000 AUD per set and basically said he wasn't keen to do it anymore as it was so difficult.

BTW, You need to be REALLY careful with sharp swords. Another acquaintance sliced a finger and suffered permanent tendon and nerve damage just putting the thing back in the scabbard. Don't even THINK of sparring with them.

WCis4me
06-09-2003, 04:55 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
secret scrolls that end all arguments over lineage once and for all
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Phil Redmond

I had a copy. I lent it out and never got it back.....lol
Phil

Psssssst........ word is Alpha dog traded it for the moderator position. LOL.

WCis4me
06-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Notice how AD is conspicuously quiet about the missing scrolls and his part in their disappearance?:D