PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a proven way to get faster?

Flying Dragon
10-09-2001, 07:00 PM
I was wondering if any has done a certain thing that has made them faster on ther punches and quickness?

Universal Stance
10-09-2001, 07:23 PM
I was taught just to practice individual techniques with as much power and speed as you can and it will come. This also requires you to understand the principles of the movement beforehand.

Some people are naturally incredibly fast though. I hope to be like the Shaolin monks one day my self.

"**** it's cold out here to be practicing."

honorisc
10-09-2001, 08:15 PM
Ankle/wrist weights.

Punching out candles' flames while in a traditional Chinese Kung-Fu stance.

Catching Paper.

Catching a Coin.

Catching Raindrops.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

TatewakiKuno
10-09-2001, 09:53 PM
ankle and wrist weights aren't that hot. They can cause joint problems and a whole bunch of crap like that. Its best to stick to the natural stuff.

samurai
10-09-2001, 11:40 PM
Practice your technique is S L O W motion.
When I say SLOW I mean REAL SLOW! This way you can feel every muscle and the preformance of the muscles. It really does build speed.

Try it!
Jeremy Bays

Crimson Phoenix
10-09-2001, 11:48 PM
Relaxation increases speed, it's proven :D

fajinpower
10-10-2001, 04:55 AM
Understand the body mechanic, practice, practice practice, as it was mention, do it with total relaxation, without any strength. Also, the slow motion really works as well with total relaxation. The power is there as well.

HuangKaiVun
10-11-2001, 03:02 AM
focus on the BRAIN, not speed.

Jeff Liboiron
10-11-2001, 06:44 AM
get a chain and hang it from a ceiling, attatch a paperclip on the end of the chain, and poke one end of the paper clip through the paper. Reinforce the whole where the paper clip went through with tape so it doesn't rip any further.

Now punch the paper as fast as possible, after a while you will become fast enough so that your fist will make holes in the sheet of paper. It works, try it :)

Crimson Phoenix
10-11-2001, 10:46 AM
Good exercise, I saw that one in one of my all-time fav' MA books...unfortunately it's in French, I already spoke about it in the internal arts forum...

Tario
10-11-2001, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't that rip the paper before you get a hole through it?
Do u mean you attach a piece of paper at the end of the chain with a paper clip. Then punch the paper as fast as you can ...after a while...speed should increase, so that when you punch faster your fist will go through the paper suspended by the chain? Is that what your saying?

"..the more you sweat, the more you know yourself...."

Jeff Liboiron
10-13-2001, 05:40 AM
That's exactly what i'm saying :)

Tainan Mantis
10-13-2001, 11:53 AM
A and B face off in right side-leads-stance, right lead wrists touching.

A:Right hand hooks B's right wrist,
place left hand on B's right elbow.
place right hand on B's right shoulder.

B:twist right hand out from A's left handed elbow press.
B does the same move to A that was just performed on him.

For practice do 100 on right side and then 100 on the left.
It should take less than 100 seconds.
After the 2 know how to do the exercise they should try to prevent their partner from touching their shoulder. This is what causes 2 people to develop speed.

In sparring the shoulder tap becomes a face punch.