PDA

View Full Version : Attn: KC Elbows

dezhen2001
06-08-2003, 03:49 PM
your PM box is full but thanks a lot :)

im in sydney right now so can only get online sporadically, hope ur doing good and everyone else who reads this too! :cool:

dawood

FatherDog
06-08-2003, 09:59 PM
Figures. I'm going to Scotland in a week, and dezhen's in Sydney. :p :rolleyes: :D

Sho
06-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Hey, that's cool, dezhen! Have fun! :D

dezhen2001
06-10-2003, 01:29 AM
how long r u in scotland for buddy? i should be back around 22nd june

dawood

FatherDog
06-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
how long r u in scotland for buddy? i should be back around 22nd june

dawood

I'll be in england and Wales on a bus tour from the 15th to the 21st, then in Ayr visiting a friend of mine from the 21st to the 28th. If you're gonna be in the area, let me know; we could grab something to eat and blather about KFO :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Ah, blessed Ayr! Have a drink in Dante's for me for old time's sake and have a fish supper at Wellington's!

;)

joedoe
06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Well, I finally get to meet Dez tonight - we are going on our first date :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 05:54 PM
You kids be sure to use protection!

Oh, I'll be there too. I'll protect ya! ;)

joedoe
06-10-2003, 06:19 PM
I just realised how many KFOers are going to be there - about 6! Fish of Fury will probably be coming too. :)

Serpent
06-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Sweet! Where has he been lately anyway? He's one funny dude.

Have you all decided where you're going after dinner yet?

joedoe
06-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Not really. We haven't even decided where we are having dinner, but given that we will be in China town there will be no shortage of options :). We are only meeting at 6:30 so by the time we finish dinner you should be out of your course. Did you want us to grab some take away for you?

Any ideas for where we can hang out and exchange ideas without being harassed or arrested? :)

Serpent
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Not sure - harrasments and arrests are always a risk! ;) But I'll have a think about it.

Don't worry about the food, thanks anyway. I'll grab something on my way across town. Good tips for dinner would include the Cultural Club at the end of Dixon or the ..... bollocks, I've forgotten the name! You know, the one on Sussex with the wall of fish tanks, over the Chinese grocers shop. Great seafood, but awful service for non-Chinese. Still, worth it and any Cantonese speakers pesent will make the whole thing that much better!

joedoe
06-10-2003, 07:30 PM
I was thinking Marigold or maybe East Ocean for dinner (or the one at Market City). Still not sure where we can hang out after though. Maybe we can just cruise George St and see if we can pick a fight with some homies to display our skillz :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Oh, there's always a fight brewing on George St.! What about Tumbalong Park? We could find a quiet corner there?

joedoe
06-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I was thinking about that, but I don't know what Darling Harbour is like nowadays. For a while there it was a bit of a dodgy proposition. Tumbalong Park probably isn't a bad idea though.

Serpent
06-10-2003, 08:35 PM
The area around Tumbalong is all right. Not too many idiots around and hopefully we won't be doing much to draw too much attention! Still, if any other possibilities arise...

triskellin
06-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
You know, the one on Sussex with the wall of fish tanks, over the Chinese grocers shop. Great seafood, but awful service for non-Chinese. Still, worth it and any Cantonese speakers pesent will make the whole thing that much better!

golden century, that place just looks nastay! my daddy does bizniz with them though :D awful service for non chinese? *looks over to joedoe* u think we can pull off using our looks and not opening our mouths? :D

joedoe
06-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Not much fun if I can't open my mouth - how am I supposed to eat? :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by triskellin

golden century, that place just looks nastay! my daddy does bizniz with them though :D awful service for non chinese? *looks over to joedoe* u think we can pull off using our looks and not opening our mouths? :D

That's the one!

You guys might look the part, but they'll see right through you if your Cantonese is shabby! ;)

joedoe
06-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Fish of Fury's GF speaks a bit of Cantonese. Maybe she can sneak through for us :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 09:52 PM
The great Golden Century mission!

LOL.

:D

joedoe
06-10-2003, 10:32 PM
The great Golden Century mission!

LOL.

As long as I don't have to wear a tight leather outfit it should all be fine :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Hey, you can't be in our Matrix gang unless you wear tight leather!

joedoe
06-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey, you can't be in our Matrix gang unless you wear tight leather!

What if I wear a long black coat instead?

Serpent
06-10-2003, 10:39 PM
OK. That'll do.

I'm still gonna wear tight leather though.

joedoe
06-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Can I also wear the cool Morpheus sunglasses? :cool:

Serpent
06-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Actually, we all could. They're made in a little shop right here in Sydney. When they came to do Reloaded/Revolutions they went back to the same guy and had him make up more, so all the stars are kitted out with his shades.

Cool.

:cool:

joedoe
06-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Actually, we all could. They're made in a little shop right here in Sydney. When they came to do Reloaded/Revolutions they went back to the same guy and had him make up more, so all the stars are kitted out with his shades.

Cool.

:cool:

Sweet. I would love a pair because I think they would suit me, but since Morpheus wore them I would just end up looking like a try-hard tosser. Oh well.

Serpent
06-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Would that differ from every other day?

;)

joedoe
06-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Would that differ from every other day?

;)

Too true, and you haven't even met me yet! :D

Serpent
06-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Must be the way your pixels group together!

:)

KC Elbows
06-11-2003, 01:11 PM
My inbox is no longer full, and, wherever two or more shall gather in my name, they'll be talking about food, apparently.

dezhen2001
06-11-2003, 03:30 PM
no problem KC, and yup, food = good :D

Serpent, Joedoe, Triskellin, Jon, Fish of Fury (and gf who did a MEAN saam chien) and Tae Li (who had to leave early) - good food and kung fu - what can be better...... And yes for everyone else who reads this - we ALL had the black jackets and shades, hence why we can trian in the middle of the city and no one came near us :cool:

dawood

dezhen2001
06-11-2003, 03:34 PM
fatherdog: will you be able to get online in the uk? If not shoot me a pm nearer the time and we can arrange something... havent been to ayr since i was a teenager :D

dawood

joedoe
06-11-2003, 04:01 PM
no problem KC, and yup, food = good :D

Serpent, Joedoe, Triskellin, Jon, Fish of Fury (and gf who did a MEAN saam chien) and Tae Li (who had to leave early) - good food and kung fu - what can be better...... And yes for everyone else who reads this - we ALL had the black jackets and shades, hence why we can trian in the middle of the city and no one came near us :cool:

dawood

D@mn good night actually. Thank you one and all for attending. 7 KFOers in one place - the end of the world is nigh :D

Serpent
06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
7 KFOer's Of The Apocolypse?

Nice to meet you guys. We must do it again sometime.

However, why is this thread addressed to KC Elbows? You didn't show, KC, ya punk!

joedoe
06-11-2003, 05:49 PM
7 KFOer's Of The Apocolypse?

Nice to meet you guys. We must do it again sometime.

However, why is this thread addressed to KC Elbows? You didn't show, KC, ya punk!

The ultimate thread-jacking :D

BTW Serpent, it was great to finally hook up and get to see you strut your stuff. Most impressed :)

Serpent
06-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Aw, shucks! You're embarrassing me! :o <--- Is that like an embarrassed smilie or is he sleeping? Or perhaps about to sneeze? Or about to orga...

Ah well, you know what I'm getting at.

And yes, the Australians have taken over this thread. KC, just sit back, chill out and wait for Gene to pay the ransom.

Gene - are you ready to meet our demands? If not, you'll never get KC Elbows back!

*whispers to the others* I bet we get stuck with a KC Elbows!

joedoe
06-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Aw, shucks! You're embarrassing me! :o <--- Is that like an embarrassed smilie or is he sleeping? Or perhaps about to sneeze? Or about to orga...

Ah well, you know what I'm getting at.

And yes, the Australians have taken over this thread. KC, just sit back, chill out and wait for Gene to pay the ransom.

Gene - are you ready to meet our demands? If not, you'll never get KC Elbows back!

*whispers to the others* I bet we get stuck with a KC Elbows!

Yeah, you know how people are with hijackings now. So what should we do with KC?

Serpent
06-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Do you still have that patent leather gimp suit from last Halloween?

joedoe
06-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Do you still have that patent leather gimp suit from last Halloween?

Indeed I do. In fact if we hadn't agreed to turn up in Matrix get-up I was going to wear it last night :D

Serpent
06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
What a shame. That would have been quite a sight!

Oh well, let's get KC gimped up then and we'll have our way with him until Gene gets back to us.

joedoe
06-11-2003, 07:29 PM
What a shame. That would have been quite a sight!

Oh well, let's get KC gimped up then and we'll have our way with him until Gene gets back to us.

Well, I guess I cold have worn it and tried to pass it off as being a 'Trinity' outfit, but I decided that as we were having dinner it might adversely affect everyone's appetite. :D

Can I have first go at KC? I am tired of slops. :D

Serpent
06-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Sure, seeing as it's your gimp suit.

jon
06-11-2003, 07:33 PM
My internet is back my internet is back horry horrah my internet is back...
Yeah um errrherm

Was great fun meeting up with all last night, hopefully we can all do it again soon.

One thing we did manage to prove last night, you dont have to be a student of wing chun to winge about its politics:p

joedoe
06-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by jon
My internet is back my internet is back horry horrah my internet is back...
Yeah um errrherm

Was great fun meeting up with all last night, hopefully we can all do it again soon.

One thing we did manage to prove last night, you dont have to be a student of wing chun to winge about its politics:p

Don't you mean Wing Tsun? :D

FatherDog
06-11-2003, 08:10 PM
fatherdog: will you be able to get online in the uk? If not shoot me a pm nearer the time and we can arrange something... havent been to ayr since i was a teenager :D

dawood

I have no idea if I'll be able to get online in your beknighted backwater country :D PM on the way.

dezhen2001
06-11-2003, 08:22 PM
its funny the wing chun guy hardly opened his mouth about it all night :p

fatherdog: got it and i will see what i can do!

dawood

joedoe
06-11-2003, 08:23 PM
its funny the wing chun guy hardly opened his mouth about it all night :p

fatherdog: got it and i will see what i can do!

dawood

That is because you couldn't get a word in edgewise :D

dezhen2001
06-11-2003, 08:32 PM
i was too busy eating the chicken while u guys talked :D

dawood

joedoe
06-11-2003, 08:51 PM
i was too busy eating the chicken while u guys talked :D

dawood

Hey, I think I was the one doing most of the eating - did you see all the bones left on my plate?!?!?!?! See, it is handy having a big mouth :D

Serpent
06-11-2003, 09:03 PM
What's this "Wing Chun" of which you all speak?

joedoe
06-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I is an art designed to provide the practitioner with the most effective methods for arguing about lineage and technicalities. :D

Serpent
06-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Aha! You're talking about Ving Tsun are you? Wing Chun indeed.

Whatever next!

jon
06-12-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by joedoe
I is an art designed to provide the practitioner with the most effective methods for arguing about lineage and technicalities. :D

Bah i tried to tell you before, its the *only* effective means to argue about the correct placement of your hands and how parallel your feet are.

I cant stop laughing at Dawoods first comment upon Serpent finishing up his form.

Something along the lines of "How the f*ck is Wing Chun supposed to fight against *that*".

Ahh if it wasnt for Wing Chun(TM) we would have to actualy air dirty laundry about our own arts, then where the heck would we be.

Still have to give props to Dawood he took it all with good grace and managed to show us all many of the arts good points.

dezhen2001
06-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Still have to give props to Dawood he took it all with good grace and managed to show us all many of the arts good points. its THE PERSON not the art - how many times have we been told that ;)

Hey, I think I was the one doing most of the eating - did you see all the bones left on my plate?!?!?!?! See, it is handy having a big mouth ur not meant to eat the bones? :eek::D

im amazed i still managed to stand on my head after that meal lol - had a lot of counterbalance!

dawood

dezhen2001
06-12-2003, 01:41 AM
oh btw - Serpent your form scared me, just glad i have trauined my head saying as you hit it a lot! :D

dawood

triskellin
06-12-2003, 02:15 AM
i'm gonna bring serpent to our next meeting with a lard arse' name i won't mention. he can whirl his fists around in front of his face to make him fall over :D better yet serpent, u don't have to miss his face, keke

KC Elbows
06-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Serpent: And yes, the Australians have taken over this thread. KC, just sit back, chill out and wait for Gene to pay the ransom. Gene - are you ready to meet our demands? If not, you'll never get KC Elbows back!

Joedoe:… So what should we do with KC?

Serpent: Do you still have that patent leather gimp suit from last Halloween?

JoeDoe: Indeed I do.

Serpent: …let's get KC gimped up then and we'll have our way with him until Gene gets back to us.

JoeDoe: Can I have first go at KC? I am tired of slops.

Serpent: Sure, seeing as it's your gimp suit.

And this is why you should never leave the forum for extended periods of time. First, you get some work done, but second and more importantly, you lose that whole "belief in the basic goodness of people".:D

Serpent
06-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by triskellin
i'm gonna bring serpent to our next meeting with a lard arse' name i won't mention. he can whirl his fists around in front of his face to make him fall over :D better yet serpent, u don't have to miss his face, keke

LOL. Sounds like fun!

Serpent
06-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by KC Elbows

And this is why you should never leave the forum for extended periods of time. First, you get some work done, but second and more importantly, you lose that whole "belief in the basic goodness of people".:D

Ah, you've rejoined the fun! How's that gimp suit fitting? You need any more talc in the crotch?

joedoe
06-12-2003, 05:42 PM

Ah, you've rejoined the fun! How's that gimp suit fitting? You need any more talc in the crotch?

He'll need more talc in the seat of the pants I think :D

Serpent
06-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Maybe he likes it tight and sweaty there?

dezhen2001
06-13-2003, 02:18 AM
im just shocked how this thread is going :eek:

dawood

Serpent
06-15-2003, 06:34 PM
It is the way of KFO.

joedoe
06-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Hey Dawood, how are things going? You still having a good time in this lovely city of ours?

Serpent
06-15-2003, 08:13 PM
How could he not? This is the greatest city in the world!

joedoe
06-15-2003, 08:18 PM
How could he not? This is the greatest city in the world!

You are starting to sound like a New Yorker :D

Serpent
06-15-2003, 08:32 PM
With one fundamental difference: This really is the greatest city in the world.

dezhen2001
06-16-2003, 03:39 AM
hey things r going pretty well here joedoe :) apart from dodging prejudicial arabs and other things its all good :cool:

i leave back for scotland on friday morning so we will see what happens...

dawood

Serpent
06-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Still suffering the prejudice, huh? That sucks.

Still, try not to let it ruin your whole trip. How are things otherwise with the subject of your visit?

dezhen2001
06-16-2003, 04:46 PM
apart from that its all good :) Been up and down but things seem to be more settled now lol

dawood

Serpent
06-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Sweet.

dezhen2001
06-16-2003, 05:06 PM
was hoping id be able to meet some of u guys before i leave on friday morning, we will see what happens :)

i will pm u the no. of the mobile i got till then

dawood