PDA

View Full Version : relaxed fist conditioning

foolinthedeck
06-09-2003, 04:28 PM
i need to condition my fists, make the skin on my knuckeles less likely to bleed and split, but i dont want relaxation and sensitivity to suffer even 1%. whats a good way in your opinion to do this?

i'm especially interested in internal responses, because i hit relaxed, not tense at all, but still hands bleed if hitting focus mits

not bags surely, so what sand buckets?

count
06-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Maybe I'm missing something. Which internal arts hit with a relaxed fist or hand? Have you thought about wearing gloves? But more seriously, (not that I wasn't before) proper iron palm training does not decrease sensitivity or cause any callouses. A regiment might include a balance of striking and digging in pots of sand, to rocks, to metal, combined with other chi kung and herbs. But I wouldn't try something you read on an internet forum.:p I'd stick to the gloves.:D

foolinthedeck
06-10-2003, 09:47 AM
to put it another way, say that i have loads of qi, loads of jing, i'm full of energy from lots of internal training, but havent really hit very much, this is great for transmission of enrgy thru palms in a no inch situ, but if aksed to hit a bag with a fist a few times, i want to be able to do so without physical discomfort at point of impact.

foolinthedeck
06-10-2003, 09:48 AM
also,
dont know much about iron palm but enough not to try on my own without instruction. so if i jsut hit sand on the beach some more, will it hinder me at all?