PDA

View Full Version : Ballroom Dancing for Fitness

Sharp Phil
06-09-2003, 06:47 PM
http://www.circularstrengthmag.com

I kid you not -- this month I interviewed a competitive ballroom dancer in Scott Sonnon's free fitness magazine. That's a first for me. ;)

Laughing Cow
06-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Phil.

In some countries ballroom dancing is regarded as a sportive activity.
And, yeah, you need to be pretty fit for some of those dances.

I learned ballroom dancing as a teen, nothing special everybody back home that wants to get a date needs to do so.
;) :D

Sharp Phil
06-10-2003, 03:36 AM
I have to admit that the skill and control necessary to do what these folks do is pretty impressive.

TigerJaw
06-10-2003, 03:52 AM
Dancesport is quite popular in Britain. My club trains at a university sports hall and we used to have to share the hall with the Dancesport team. In the end we had to change time slots because they kept turn really bad salsa music up to ear splitting levels.

They were also rather prissy and stroppy, and that was just the men. Has anybody seen Baz Lohmans film 'Strictly Ballroom' They were a bit like that.

Becca
06-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Pass on the ballet, but I did some Jazz back in highschool. Just try getting some of those leaps and jumps w/o being fit.

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Ballroom dancing has been trying to get qualified as an olympic sport for quite some time. Their argument is that if Figure Skating is a sport, then so is Dancing.

rubthebuddha
06-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Their argument is that if Figure Skating is a sport, then so is Dancing.
worst.
argument.
ever.

:D

Ashez
06-18-2003, 01:54 AM
Didnt Jean Claude Van Damme (sp?) do Ballet?

rubthebuddha
06-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by NYDog
Your just saying that cuz you got two left feet!
and you're just saying that because it's true. :p

Laughing Cow
06-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ashez
Didnt Jean Claude Van Damme (sp?) do Ballet?

Bruce Lee was Hong Kong champion.