PDA

View Full Version : wong shun leungs book russell sherry

russellsherry
06-10-2003, 04:39 PM
hi guys theres a rumor sifu wing had a book on sill im tau in chinese, written but not complete any news on this peace russellsherry

Ernie
06-10-2003, 05:06 PM
yep
it's out there , i think paul from this forum might get his hands on a translated version of it . but it is incomplete and from what i hear nothing new or breath taking as wong was very open in giving information when he taught

PaulH
06-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Woa! I have no such treasure and still waiting for the grace of other WSL people. Hint! Hint! David P?

Regards,

David Peterson
06-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Yes, there is a little booklet, as opposed to a book, which was prepared by Sifu when he went to Beijing in 1996. It is a very brief breakdown of the form, with line drawings of his son demonstrating the various techniques of the form in sequence, with a brief explanation of each move in Chinese and some idea of application. As stated in one of these posts (above), as Sifu was especially generous in his explanations of all things Wing Chun over the years, there are certainly no "secrets finally revealed" or hitherto unknown (to WSLWC devotees at least) facts to be found here. I've been meaning to do a translation for "Family" but have not had the spare time of late to complete it....it is definitely on my list of things to do, so be patient guys.
Regards,
DMP

PaulH
06-10-2003, 08:31 PM
That would be so good! I'm looking forward to see his son's pictures. The guy is amazing! Wong sent him to Australia to study hard and he promptly sent to his Dad pictures of him hanging out with Jackie Chan. Wong got quite a kick out of that!

Regards,

russellsherry
06-11-2003, 04:06 PM
hi sifu david,hope things go well for you, in england looking , forward to seeing sifu wongs, book once your not so busy , thank you for leting me come to the semminar david i was taught, mor 1n 20 minutes on chi sau with sifu wong than 16 years with you
know who we wont metion fakes on the forum peace russellsherry close range combat training group australia.

kungfu cowboy
06-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Hey russellsherry, just wondering why you always put your name in your subject, somewhere in the course of your statement, and in your signature, all in addition to your user name?:confused: