PDA

View Full Version : hardee's stupid im sorry campaign

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-12-2003, 12:44 AM
im sure most people have heard those stupid comercials hardee's has been putting out. i refuse to watch tv or listen to the radio and they still managed to infest my ears with their marketing filth somehow. they basically say we're sorry our burgers have sucked for so many years, but we're doing better now we promise. not only are our burgers eatible now, but they cost twice as much and we removed everything else from our menue. now well be the first place you stop for a burger instead of the last.

this commercial made me want to eat at mccdonalds. that's how ****ing sick it made me feel.

but after a co-worker insisted vehemently that they were in fact good i decided to try one tonight. i'll be da mned if they weren't kiddin. they are fu ckin great. dont expect your taste buds to explode or anything but they are definatley the best on the market. way better than burger king. big ol' sloppy fallin apart mamma burgers is what they are. it's almost like getting a steak house burger at a fast food window. unfortunately its about the same price, but it's actually worth it. they are fu ckin huge ... like double 1/3 lber huge.

i never expected a piece of sh it burger joint like hardee's to make such a turn around but they pulled it off. after making my belly so happy tonight i figured i owed it to them to spread the word. next time your out for lunch try one ... it can't be any worse than all the other greesy filth you would otherwise call lunch. if you don't like it you can let me know by tounging my starfish clean.

Yung Apprentice
06-12-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm guessing you live somewhere in the east? Or eastish? Out west we don't have Hardee's we have Carl's Junior. They both have the stupid star in the front, only Carl's Junior's shows the whole star. (the stars look exactly the same btw, and have the same color and smile) I also think they are owned by the same people. When I was in Baltimore visiting the fam, I saw a Hardee's for the first time, and I ate there. Pretty much the same food.

Sorry to get WAAAAAAAAAY off topic. But no I haven't seen that commercial.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-12-2003, 08:24 AM
lol ... i don't think you can get way off topic on a hardees post. and yeah i live in wv.

dwid
06-12-2003, 08:29 AM
What's really weird is that Carls Jr. out west uses the exact same commercials as Rally's uses here in the midwest.

Anyone familiar with Rally's knows it's about the nastiest fast food there is.

I grew up in California, and I think the quality of food at Carls Jr. was lots better before their affiliation with such low-end fast food places as Hardee's and Rally's.

Oso
06-12-2003, 08:36 AM
I would have eaten at hardee's before McD's any day but BK was my choice before I just stopped eating at those places all together. or mostly. I did try that 2/3 pounder after they came out and it was pretty good but thought I should eat the chili cheese fries as well and then pretty much just sat around groaning for the rest of the evening.

my fondest burger memories are no doubt the What-a-Burger joints I used to see in Richmond VA.

GDA, where in WV do you live? I used to get up to Renick every once in a while to cave.

Brad
06-12-2003, 08:41 AM
The best burger I ever had was at Taiji Legacy from the concession stand... Size of a hubcap with that great grilled taste! Thank's for the Hardee's update, I'll have to check that out... if I find a Hardee's around here :p

See how I brough Kungfu into the topic, thus protecting it from deletion by the moderators? :D

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 08:44 AM
I miss Mad Dog and Beans. Dirty's Kumbak is still good, though...

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Braum's Ice Cream has the best bacon-double-cheesburger you'll ever eat. Too bad red meat gives me the shiznits.

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I can't have too much too often either. About once a month is pretty much right.

Oso
06-12-2003, 08:52 AM
agreed about the red meat and I'd rather save it for a nice ribeye in my favorite marinade.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-12-2003, 08:53 AM
oso ... that's probably pretty far south of me ... or maybe not.

i live in wheeling. its about 45 mins outside pittsburgh in the northern panhandle.

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Well, if you ever get down here, I'll drag yer ass to The Salt Lick (http://www.saltlickbbq.net/) and teach you about messy eatin' of red meat for really!

Oso
06-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Renick is just above Lewisburg. Greenbriar county, home of the Friar's Hole Cave System, 12th longest cave system in the world(circa1994)
used to go there and up to the Gauley and New.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-12-2003, 09:00 AM
best burger i ever had was in texas. cant remember the name of the resturaunt ... just some place shuuls dad took us to when we went down to visit him. i asked them to make it as rare as legally possible ... like i do everywhere ... but these guys actually did it. this thing was chared on the outside but was actually dripping blood when i bit into it. made shuul and his dad sick, but ill never forget how happy my belly was that day.

FatherDog
06-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Man, I only went to San Francisco once, and I still miss In and Out Burger.

I don't generally eat fast food; I've I'm hungry on the go I usually get a hoagie from WaWa. If I'm just out for a cheap night, I'll get a pub burger.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-12-2003, 09:08 AM
ha ... i just read your sig oso ... i miss sharky.

Yung Apprentice
06-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Carl's Junior is pretty good. Has anyone tried the "six dollar burger" from them.(it's not really six dollars) It's one of the best fast food burgers you can get, tastes like how they would make them in a restraunt. I wonder if Hardee's has them?

There used to be a Rally's a long time ago, here in Las Vegas. They don't have them anymore, and it's been over a decade since they last had one. I remember it used to be one of my favorites, but I'm guessing the quality of their food went down.

We used to have a White Castle down here, but hadn't had one since the last time there was a Rally's here. Probably over 13 years. But, I can still get some White Castle hamburgers at the store, in the frozen food section. It's not the same, as getting one fresh, but it's pretty darn close.

In and out Burger is awesome!!!!! I love their burgers.

I also like Fatburger, if anyone is familiar with that chain.

The best burger I ever had was in Mexico.(yes Mexico) My uncle has a friend down there, that has a lil place, where he makes burgers. Those are the best burgers, I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!

Oso
06-12-2003, 11:20 AM
gda, not sure if that is the same sharky. I clipped that from a silly post here not too long ago.

being an ex gamer and having run into too many of those 'kazz' type gamers I loved it.

actually, I need to update with something my girlfriend said last night.....

Black Jack
06-12-2003, 11:32 AM
The worst case of food posioning I EVER got in my life was from a Carl Jr's in Laguna Niguel California.

I mean SICK as a dog.

Here Portillo's is da bomb diggetee domb!!

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 11:33 AM
The worst case of food poisoning I ever got was at Subway, when I worked there in high school. I ate a whole bowl of that fake crab meat while I was making the crab salad, and was sick for 6 days. :(

Black Jack
06-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Yea but did you crap so much in 4 bed ridden days that you thought toliet paper was the enemy?

ewallace
06-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Do people still pile into portillos on friday nights after football games? Ahh memories.

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Yea but did you crap so much in 4 bed ridden days that you thought toliet paper was the enemy?

Not for 4 days. I had the shiznits for about 2 days, and extreme naseau for the last 4. I couldn't eat for almost a week.

On the flip side, I lost 13 lbs and made my wrestling weight.

norther practitioner
06-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Don't eat the red meat, but the spicy chicken sandwiches at Wendy's is my fav fast food.... 'bout all I'll eat from fast food.

ewallace
06-12-2003, 11:43 AM
I hear you NP, but the last time I got that SC sammich I could tell the grease had not been changed for a really long time. I can never eat that again. In fact, I don't eat anything but chick-fil-a now, and even that's down to once a month or so.

Black Jack
06-12-2003, 11:44 AM
ewallace,

Yea portillos gets packed. People love a good dripping beef sandwhich with cheddar cheese, smoked sweet peppers, and a nice cold beer on tap in a frosted mug.

I love their chili cheese dogs with onions.

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Chick-Fil-A is wonderful. But they are closed on Sundays, which is usually the day I eat out cuz the woman likes to shop.

Badger
06-12-2003, 11:59 AM
If you are ever in Dallas you need to try Snuffers restaurant.
THe burgers are great but The cheese fries are REALLY Great.
tons of melted cheese, bacon bits made from real bacon,etc. If its bad for you it's on it. (not something you want to eat all the time)

plus the place is haunted.

Badger

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 12:00 PM
I'm in Dallas every month. Where is Snuffer's?

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Snuffer's

Worst! Restaurant! Name! EVER!

Badger
06-12-2003, 12:09 PM
3526 Greenville Ave.

Map (http://www.snuffers.com/netscape/locations/greenville.html)

Hey the name may be bad ...but for Cheese Fries & A ghost it's worth it.

Badger

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Drat, my attempt to provoke a Carolina Barbecue vs. Texas Barbecue flame war has failed!

Oso
06-12-2003, 09:42 PM
oops, missed the bait, I guess.

man, I'm not picking, give me meat cooked over an open flame and it can be marinaded in vinegar or tomatoe base and I dasn't really care.

my one trip to Texas didn't afford me the opportunity to sample any Texas BBQ. I was stuck on an Xmas tree lot in Bee Caves for 5 weeks. I did get down to 6th street twice though.

Serpent
06-12-2003, 09:44 PM
I saw King Of The Hill last night and while Hank (is that right?) went for a weekend with the boys in Austin (and mooned an ex-governor of Texas) his wife and kid (I don't know the names) discovered the beauty of charcoal bbq over gas and how much better the burgers tasted. Very funny indeed.

Oso
06-12-2003, 09:47 PM
nope, ya need real wood. unless you like the taste of lighter fluid.

propane at least doesn't transfer taste and you can put wood chips on it for extree flavor.

but, give me maple, hickory or apple to cook over anytime.

Serpent
06-12-2003, 09:50 PM
What do you think, CSN?

Becca
06-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Kingston doesn't transfer the tase, just don't use too much lighter fluid. Use the MAP gas torch.;) :D

Seriously, though. I usually use a gas grill for the ease and convinience. Only time I cook indoors is when it's raining hard or blizarding out.

Apple wood for pork, Hickory for beef, maple for lamb or goat. Don't add any wood if it's game bird I'm roasting. Prefer to stuff the bird with apples and onions and rub sage and mayo on the skin.

Serpent
06-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Jeezus, you folks are weird!

Becca
06-12-2003, 10:40 PM
:mad:

m'not weird! Lots of people grill when they can. I happen to have my grill under a car port so I can grill pretty much all the time.

Serpent
06-12-2003, 10:54 PM
No, no, no. Grilling's not weird. Geez, I live in Australia, spiritual home of the BBQ!

This is the weird bit:

Originally posted by Becca
Apple wood for pork, Hickory for beef, maple for lamb or goat. Don't add any wood if it's game bird I'm roasting. Prefer to stuff the bird with apples and onions and rub sage and mayo on the skin.

:D

ewallace
06-13-2003, 03:40 AM
The gas vs. charcoal can get as heated (no pun intended) as the mma vs cma.

As long as you apply the correct amount of lighter fluid once and wait until most of the coals are white, you won't taste it. Soak some wood chips in water for 20-30 minutes and throw them on the coals when you go to put the meat on.

I think I'm going to barbeque this weekend. God bless covered patios in texas.

Oso
06-13-2003, 04:19 AM
real wood begat charcoal.

it was the first and therefore the best.

becca, what in the world does the rubbed mayonaise do? Add fat into the skin? that is a little wierd. kinda erotic, too.;)

Becca
06-13-2003, 06:42 AM
I rub mayo on the skin of poultry because it helps lock in the natural juices. Ever notice that sometimes chicken or turkey gets dry if you cook it over a slow fire? Mayo keeps it from doing that. As for why I stuff the bird with apples and onion, I like the way it makes the natural sweetness of the meat come out.

My preference tward what types of wood to put in the smoker box is the same. Each type of wood enhances the natural flavor of each type of meat. Try it some time.;)

GLW
06-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Every Texan KNOWS that there is a difference between grilling and Barbecueing....

You GRILL burgers...

Barbecue - that requires time and preparation....The sauce...now that is a key thing.

Then...what do you burn...Mesquite is good, Hickory too...sometimes a mix....

But...Texas KNOWS how to do a brisket....

And don't even start on Chili....:)

Chang Style Novice
06-13-2003, 08:01 AM
What do you think, CSN?I think if your messing around with anything besides mesquite, YOU ought to be the one on the spit.

Oso
06-13-2003, 08:55 PM
had me another of those 6$ burgers on the way back from Chapel Hill today, it were pretty good. But, not really a car food.
I need to clean the seats on my new truck now:(

Stacey
06-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Carl's Junior and Hardees have both given me the hershey squirts and I will not forgive them for this. I guess both are under new management now...actually I once left a Carl's Junior in California...my dad made me nearly finish the putrid piece of filth then took the last bite himself and spat it out because it was rotting. I heaved and puked in the parking lot.

Best burger ever was in Mexico. At a thudpuckers/fudruckers style place....long before the American equivilents...

I've eaten food off the streets in Mexico..the kind your not suposed to eat..no problems. Thrid string American fast food is what will get ya.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-14-2003, 12:19 AM
Carl's Junior and Hardees have both given me the hershey squirts and I will not forgive them for this.

i used to feel the same way. hardee's .... and this carl's junior has got to be the same thing ... was right above mcdonalds in my book. but these burgers really are the sh it.

the only complaint i have heard so far is that, "if i wanted a burger like that i'd cook it myself ... i liked the old burgers that tasted like fast food." like i said its a big fat mamma's burger. sh it hangin out the side and sh it.

shaolin kungfu
06-14-2003, 01:53 AM
Which place had the curly fries? Those were the only fast food I liked, besides McDonalds breakfast.

Becca
06-14-2003, 05:59 AM
Arby's and Good Times have curly fries.

Stacey
06-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Arby's is where I prefer to get my grub on.