PDA

View Full Version : Movie : Office Space [humor]

TzuChan
06-12-2003, 06:36 AM
Hey, so is this forum the 'general' forum where about anything is ok to be posted ? Been browsing this board for like two years or something, and I never posted here lol, shame on meh :(

So anyway, if you're going to move or delete this post, please be so kind to leave me a message about where it went =)

I wanted to ask your opinions about the movie 'Space office' it's supposed to be funny, I'm going to watch it in a week or two hopefully, having a hard time finding it in my country, it ain't even released on DVD/VHS in the local video stores! I read a review that said the movie was really funny and all that, but how come it ain't in my country then, it's not like we're in the middle of a jungle (no offence intended), so did the movie fail in theatres in the US or something ?

shaolin kungfu
06-12-2003, 07:40 AM
It's pretty funny. I think it did well here. Can't imagine why it wouldn't be released outside the US.:confused:

@PLUGO
06-12-2003, 09:32 AM
however, if you can find it, there's hilarious movie on a similar tone (so I've been told) called Haiku Tunnel.

perhaps it's funnier to me as it takes place in San Francisco (sort of) & there's plenty of local humor...

As for this thread in general. things are pretty mellow 'round here so most things are allowable. However as topics tends to be a bit lighter in tone we try & keep flame wars to a minimum and redundant threads may tend to merge...

Have a blast though, there's some pretty funny stuff going on...

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 09:38 AM
I love "Office Space," and think it's one of the funniest movies ever. But I'm a Mike Judge fanatic.

I've heard the BBC series "The Office" is even better, though. I haven't seen it myself.

MasterKiller
06-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Office Space is great. I highly recommend it to anyone who is stuck in a cubicle all day. We are not alone.

What's funny about it is that when it came out, the studio didn't put much effort into marketing because they thought it would flop (hence the stupid movie poster), which it did (because of poor promotion), but it took off once it hit video. Comedy Central shows it at least 3 times a month.

Now, the studio wants to do a sequel, but Judge refuses.

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Mmmyeah. Did you get the memo about the TPS reports, MK?

Serpent
06-12-2003, 09:00 PM
The Office (British show) is bloody brilliant. Cringe-worthy in the extreme and totally hilarious. Give it a watch if you can, but a lot of the British humour might be lost if you don't know England at all...

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Serpent, don't you think you could be wearing a few more pieces of flair?

Serpent
06-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Excuse me?

cho
06-12-2003, 10:53 PM
"PC load letter" ? what the **** does that mean?!

quiet man
06-13-2003, 01:27 AM
I saw "Office space" years ago. It's pretty funny - especially the scene in the beginning of the movie with that gangsta white dude and that black... (I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact word for the people who sell newspaper in the street :()

Chang Style Novice
06-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Serpent, 15 pieces of flair is the minimum. Now, it’s up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Well, like Brian, for example, has 37 pieces of flair. And a terrific smile. People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, ok? They come to Chotchkie’s for the atmosphere and the attitude. That’s what the flair’s about. It’s about fun. Look, we want you to express yourself, ok? If you think the bare minimum is enough, then ok. But some people choose to wear more and we encourage that, ok? You do want to express yourself, don’t you?

SanSoo Student
06-17-2003, 01:32 AM
I like the part about the guy getting his paychecks cancelled offthe payroll. Also hehe, remember when you would take a penny or two from the penny tray, imagine doing that a couple thousand times a day.