PDA

View Full Version : Emei Master Helen Liang

Shaolin Dude
06-13-2003, 12:39 AM
how old is she? she looks youthful for her age. kinda pretty too

PHILBERT
06-13-2003, 12:47 AM
And on another note, who here has seen her Snake style video? Other than Gene (who'll say it great no matter what :p). Im tempted to order it in the next couple of weeks, it is after all like $20 or so and wanted some people's feedback to those who've seen it.

Starchaser107
06-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Ive seen a chinese lady also from emei doing a snake form , was ok, i cant tell for sure if its her because the entire tape is in a chinese dialect that sounds alot like mandarin.

Starchaser107
06-13-2003, 01:26 AM
the name of the tape is Emei , and Wudang Boxing, from CNCKI , Inc Shaolin Brand Products.

Pretty cool tape , has masters demonstrating forms like duck fist, dog boxing, snake, emei piercers, lots of stuff. I ordered it back in the day , and to be honest some of the forms look like wushu and the tape was actually sped up a tiny bit but it's still cool stuff to watch. If the lady on this tape is the same woman you're referring to, because i've seen the link Gene has posted several times and they look the same, then for 20 bucks check it out. Snake seems to be a very rare style. I've only seen two snake forms in person both of which were STRIKINGLY different.
Only other time i've seen snake was via tape or wushu demonstration clips.

Whats really awesome i think is scorpion, i think it looks fun, only seen this Once via dvd, but there was lots of other cool stuff on it like toad and swallow...
anyways yeah thats it. peace

iron_silk
06-13-2003, 03:27 AM
perv

Royal Dragon
06-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey, Helen Liang is a total hottie!!!

What she does looks mostly Whu Shuised, but the Whu Shu body structure really accentuates.....eh......ummmmm.........her "Features" really welll!! :eek: :D :p

Royal Dragon
06-13-2003, 05:55 AM
CNCKI , Inc Shaolin Brand Products?

I freind of mine just bought that company. ;)

Judge Pen
06-13-2003, 06:52 AM
I read where she overcame cancer recently. Very good article.

GLW
06-13-2003, 06:56 AM
Helen Liang is the daughter of Liang Shouyu. She has been training under her father since she was quite young and is quite good.

Her father, Liang Shouyu, is a nice man with very good skills in just about anything you can think of. The first time I met him and saw him perform, he did White Ape Jian (sword). The first few moves had a step up to a straight leg kick to the eyebrow level.

He did this flawlessly - up to touch eyebrows with his toes, obvious power ability in the kick AND it was done so quickly that if you blinked, you missed it. We had it on video and it literally WAS completed in less than a blink.

He does a number of styles and is quite good with Shuai Jiao, internal and external.

Understanding this, Helen Liang probably exhibits a great deal of technique, speed, and finesse...but I would wager that she also KNOWS how to use it all as well....She would not be her father's daughter if she didn't.

MAC
06-13-2003, 07:00 AM
"kinda pretty".... ??? Her beauty begins deep inside form what I can tell, and simply exudes itself to her outer person.
I have seen a bit of her waterboxing -- very good.

Royal Dragon
06-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Yeah, her water Boxing is very beautiful. I have the video. I think it's the PRC Whu Shu version. It's a spectacular performance.

@PLUGO
06-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Helen Liang is both Beautiful & graceful.

She's got great Kungfu and it shows through her Snake fist (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/vidsnakfisem.html), water Boxing (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tclh001.html) as well as the Bagua I've seen her demonstrate (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tcca107set.html).

And yes for more on the story of her life training under , Grandmaster Shou-Yu Liang (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf-200010.html), her father, (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=126) as well as her victory over cancer KFM covered it (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=351) in the Magazine's most recient issue... obviously. (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf200117.html)

GLW
06-13-2003, 09:45 AM
RD...why the distinction.

Good is Good....

Helen Liang is good...at ANY routine she chooses to do.

GeneChing
06-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Her videos are some of the most popular that we sell. They are great no matter what :p

Stacey
06-13-2003, 10:03 AM
how about giving her more exposure in your mag? Little kung fu girls quit every day because of a lack of female ma role models. Kathy Long can't do it all.

But seriously, beyond point karate, and daughters of martial artists (Lee, Castro, Inosanto) with implants and fantasy knives, what do our daughters have to look up to?

Who is that old Chinese lady with the white afro? She was on the cover of Tai Chi mag one time. She wore a pink outfit. SUn style tai chi, shuai chiao, longfist. She competed with men and was a swimming and wrestling champion to boot. That old lady is my hero. We need to see more about her too. I think she's in San Fran. She did all this and raised a familly, now shes an old chinese lady with grandkids, leggos and legs of steel. I wish she was my grandma.

Perhaps Donnie Yen's mom needs some props too.

Brad
06-13-2003, 10:24 AM
And on another note, who here has seen her Snake style video? Other than Gene (who'll say it great no matter what ). Im tempted to order it in the next couple of weeks, it is after all like $20 or so and wanted some people's feedback to those who've seen it.
I think it's great! She's lots of fun to watch ;) Lol, seriously, like GLW said, her martial arts performance is very very good :) The tape has a basic explanation of who her and her father are, shows footage of her & her sister demonstrating Emei snake two person set during competition/demonstration in China as teenagers, and then goes into the main instructional portion of the set(which consists of the individual form and a number of application demonstrations). The video quality is very good.

Chang Style Novice
06-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Sweet merciful cr@p, I agree with Stacey!

Knock me over with a feather.

chen zhen
06-13-2003, 01:02 PM
I think Stacey turned into a woman again:p

Anyway, I agree with what you're saying

Royal Dragon
06-13-2003, 04:28 PM
RD...why the distinction.

Reply]
Becasue there is a difference.

Either way, she's still a complete hottie, I'd do her :eek:

GLW
06-13-2003, 05:06 PM
This is the same thing that comes up in judging competitions...

Define down to detail the difference in such a way that the most casual observer could view two people doing things and tell which was which.

So far, NO ONE in any organization has been able to do that....

So...the distinction is meaningless.

Wushu has Lien Yong Kan - Health, Use, Aesthetics. If ANY performance lacks speed, power, focus, or understanding - it is incomplete Wushu. Seen plenty of BAD Classical and BAD Contemporary. There are BAD routines and BAD performances.

However, to expect a woman to perform like a man...there are different body types. Women TRADITIONALLY emphasize different aspects of things to captialize on their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. After haveing been in CMA for nearly 30 years and judging at national level events for over 10 years, I have seen a lot...and the difference is not that big.

AND Helen Liang is good no matter what yardstick you use

Royal Dragon
06-13-2003, 08:37 PM
First,she performs the modern PRC Whu Shu water boxing form. I've seen the real thing, it's very different. Serious Waterboxing stylists will laugh at anyone claiming her set is authentic Waterboxing.

Second, look at the body structure. Her back is arched, butt out, chest expanded. That is what vertually all Whu Shu players do. Traditional Chinese Kung Fu is performed with a tucked tail bone, straite back, rounded shoulders, and a sunken chest. This body structure may not be pretty, but it is nessasary for optimal alignment and power issuance. This is something that is not nessasary for Whu Shu as impressing the judges and crowd is the order of the day. A prettier body structure is nesssary.

Helen Liang is an exceptoinal artist, with the highest levels of skill. There are very few who's Whu Shu can compare. However, she does not publically perform traditional Kung Fu (That I have seen). If she does do it, it's behind the scenes where noone can see. When the spotlite is on her, she does the Whu Shu version of everything.

PHILBERT
06-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey CSN, "Who watches the Watchmen?" :p

Anyhoo, I too agree with Stacey. I find it funny he says the afro lady is his hero and he can't even tell the name though.

You need to toss some women on the cover more, to show women that women can do it too.

Starchaser107
06-13-2003, 09:23 PM
I agree as well , more women role models for the ladies, and even for us guys too.

Shaolin Dude
06-13-2003, 11:38 PM
according to her website, she's only 28. I thought she was 40.

Royal Dragon
06-14-2003, 05:48 AM
28 is the prime marriage age. Women seem to go through great persionality changes in thier late 20's. If you start dateing them at 28, they most likely have gone through it, and are ready for the commitment.

chen zhen
06-14-2003, 05:50 AM
you've really thought that through, huh?;)

NorthernMantis
06-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Stacey
how about giving her more exposure in your mag? Little kung fu girls quit every day because of a lack of female ma role models. Kathy Long can't do it all.

But seriously, beyond point karate, and daughters of martial artists (Lee, Castro, Inosanto) with implants and fantasy knives, what do our daughters have to look up to?

Who is that old Chinese lady with the white afro? She was on the cover of Tai Chi mag one time. She wore a pink outfit. SUn style tai chi, shuai chiao, longfist. She competed with men and was a swimming and wrestling champion to boot. That old lady is my hero. We need to see more about her too. I think she's in San Fran. She did all this and raised a familly, now shes an old chinese lady with grandkids, leggos and legs of steel. I wish she was my grandma.

Perhaps Donnie Yen's mom needs some props too.

That's maddam Wu.

Stacey
06-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Maddam Wu is my nigga.

Does she have a web site?

NorthernMantis
06-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Not sure but she could be. Could try a search on google since it wouldn't hurt. Oh and she's a master of the wu style of taiji (no pun intended).

Royal Dragon
06-14-2003, 03:08 PM
you've really thought that through, huh?

Yeah, but I thought it through too late :( If I had known then, what I know now, I never would have bought her the ring. In stead, I would have run around with Terri and enjoyed her more back when she was still into lifting her shirt at every oppertunity.

Now she's all "Matured" and denies ever doing that stuff. :rolleyes:

I ignored her when she was fun for the one I that married because I thought she was the more stable of the two, and at 28 she just "Changed", and decided running around with people at the office was a good idea. Terri on the otherhand was a bit wild in her early to mid 20's, but began to settle down at 28. I should have waited it out, to see how she would have turned out, but the one I actually did marry seemed more stable, or so I thought.

So, the rule of thmb is the wild ones are fun to play with in thier early to mid 20's, but often become good stable, loyal women after age 28, but the good stable ones in thier early to mid 20's often become wild cheating s1uts after 28.

HOWEVER, some of the wild one's just get bitter and jaded and are no fun anymore after 28, and some of the nice stable ones become bi.tchy and controll freaky after 28. I've seen that too. in all cases, by the time they turn 28 they sort of settle into being who they are going to be for the next 20-30 years or so (So far anyway)

So the moral of the story is this, don't marry them till they've past that personality change at age 28. Once you get them past that, your good to go as far as judging what your going to be stuck with for the rest of your life. This means Helen Liang, the super hottie, now age 28, is fair game :D

PHILBERT
06-14-2003, 08:11 PM
OR you could just wait until you are 29 and marry.

GLW
06-14-2003, 09:06 PM
“ Traditional Chinese Kung Fu is performed with a tucked tail bone,”

Yes…

“ straite back, “

STRAIGHT back…aligne spine…yes

“rounded shoulders, and a sunken chest.”

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Traditional Chaquan and virtually all northern systems do NOT do this. The interpretation of sunken chest for Taijiquan is in COMPARISON to these northern styles. Sinking the chest is NOT what is meant. What is meant for the internal styles is to relax the chest. Sinking the chest the way many do only blocks the Heart, Lung, and Pericardium Jing Luo channels.

For Northern fist, power is generated from the extremes. It uses the natural elasticity of the body – you extend it far and it whips back like a rubber band. For those styles, getting the body to expand and contract is the key. With that in mind, paused sections WILL have an expanded chest. In fact, in most paused sections of things like Cha, Pao, Hong, or Hu fist, if it is NOT expanded, it is not enough.

Helen Liang has a very solid grounding in northern fists.

“This body structure may not be pretty, but it is nessasary for optimal alignment and power issuance.”

Not true. There are MANY Traditional methods for issuing and generating power.

You also ignored the request for a complete definition that distinguishes Contemporary from Traditional. Such a definition has to NOT be contradicted by various Traditional styles. For example, many of the things stated about Contemporary Wushu ARE found in 100% Traditional systems like Chaquan. About the ONLY thing I have ever been able to note about Contemporary vs. Traditional is that in many of the Contemporary routines, the flow of the techniques – the connection from one section to another – seem contrived or illogical. Also, in some of them, they take TRAINING drills and include them instead of leaving them as training drills.

Royal Dragon
06-15-2003, 07:58 AM
“rounded shoulders, and a sunken chest.”

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Traditional Chaquan and virtually all northern systems do NOT do this. The interpretation of sunken chest for Taijiquan is in COMPARISON to these northern styles. Sinking the chest is NOT what is meant. What is meant for the internal styles is to relax the chest. Sinking the chest the way many do only blocks the Heart, Lung, and Pericardium Jing Luo channels.

Reply]
Interesting, I have footage of more than one Old Tai Tzu masters that do this. The younger genrations do not seem to do it, but the Old one defenetly do.

>>For Northern fist, power is generated from the extremes. It uses the natural elasticity of the body – you extend it far and it whips back like a rubber band. For those styles, getting the body to expand and contract is the key. With that in mind, paused sections WILL have an expanded chest. In fact, in most paused sections of things like Cha, Pao, Hong, or Hu fist, if it is NOT expanded, it is not enough.

Reply]
Hmmmm, I think "Opened" chest would be a better example, as in opening the thorasic hinge, rather than expand. Sticking the chest out (What I see by expand) is hard to do without pulling the shoulders back, and that will limit total "expansion". The structure I speak of is still there, only in an "expanded" form. We may be talking about the same thing, only with different termonology.

>>Helen Liang has a very solid grounding in northern fists.

“This body structure may not be pretty, but it is nessasary for optimal alignment and power issuance.”

Not true. There are MANY Traditional methods for issuing and generating power.

You also ignored the request for a complete definition that distinguishes Contemporary from Traditional.

Reply]
No I didn't, my definition just does not agree with your.....completely

>> Such a definition has to NOT be contradicted by various Traditional styles. For example, many of the things stated about Contemporary Wushu ARE found in 100% Traditional systems like Chaquan. About the ONLY thing I have ever been able to note about Contemporary vs. Traditional is that in many of the Contemporary routines, the flow of the techniques – the connection from one section to another – seem contrived or illogical. Also, in some of them, they take TRAINING drills and include them instead of leaving them as training drills.

Reply]
Very interesting views. I'll have to think about it for a wile.

joedoe
06-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Hey guys, just be careful when you make 'admiring' remarks about Helen Liang. I got busted by Gene for being disrespectful to her when I made some comments a while back.

RAF
06-16-2003, 04:14 AM
Hmmmm. About 3 or 4 years back, didn't she do a demonstration on special on ESPN about martial arts? Nick Gracenin was comented throughout the show. Had a lot of interesting martial artists.

Liang Shou Yu is a pretty traditional artist. Like it or not, his taijiquan 24 movement tape and book are excellent (the tape also teaches applications). Regardless of the lineage claims, his bagua training is worth reading. His student, Sam Masicih does a very decent Chen performance. His website has some interesting articles, too.

Must be pick on Liang Shou Yu week.

GeneChing
06-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Like a cover story (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=351) maybe?:rolleyes:

PHILBERT
06-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Man, I earned some extra money this weekend at work. Too bad I got to have my car inspected ($40) and get a new sticker for registration this month($50), or I'd order that video.

Stacey
06-16-2003, 11:06 AM
I take it back...Madam Wu all the way.

Helen is too lazy to keep her hips underneith her and has small legs.

Those are the kind of low stances that begginers do. Bu hao.

GLW
06-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Try reading the story....

All true...and a great testament to the power that Wushu, Qi Gong, and attitude can have.

norther practitioner
06-16-2003, 01:05 PM
GLW... good posts, same to you RD....

My chang chuan forms are often equated by wushu people as chang chuan with less running, no twists (b-fly twists), ect. The differences aren't as much as many would like you to believe....

Look at some longer range shaolin forms, any of the Cha forms... etc. Take that, some good athletes, take the "flashier" moves, add some acrobatics, then you have the modern wushu.

GLW
06-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Ah...you begin to see the point NP...

Exactly what defines Contemporary vs. Traditional.

Is it the routine?

If so, how do you account for a Traditional person doing - say the old Changquan Compulsory - with speed, power, and martial understanding? They MAKE the routine Traditional.

What about if you take a Contemporary person and teach them a Traditional routine...say a Contemporary Nanquan person and teach them Traditional Hung Gar.... They would probably do it like they do Contemporary Nanquan. Now, the routine is Traditional...so what is it now?

Is it the way the techniques are done? Ok...NOW to evaluate a routine for Traditional or Contemporary, you have to spell out EXACTLY how each technique differs between Traditional and Contemporary. Quite a list. When you do this, the routine becomes completely unimportant except as a vehicle for martial expression...OOPS...Did I say that...imagine, the Routine serving the expression or the person doing it... Oh My...Lions and Tigers and Bears....Not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy...

Bearing this in mind, say you are JUDGING at a competition and see these points...and you also know that you judge - 6 points on technique, 2 points on speed and power, and 2 points on intent, artistic merit, realization of the martial idease, etc...

Well, given that, a person NOT showing martial intent will lose much of the 2 points for intent and probably much of the 2 points for speed and power (since that is usually where the routine is lacking). Can anyone REALLY win with a final score of 7 to 8 in advanced level?

So what's the problem - provided the judge knows what they are looking at.

In Contemporary - what happens if they start REALLY applying their stated rules concerning Speed, Power, Martial Understanding, etc...as well as the martial intent of the actual form's choreography... Oops...you end up scoring EXACTLY the same way as Traditional...

AND...the Contemporary folks would STOP using flimsy weapons...they would lose points with them...and they would actually have power in those running strikes....(Northern DOES have running strikes...they are just very hard to execute and get power and timing right).

AND...the structure of stances and stepping...is the same...just some folks simply do it wrong.

norther practitioner
06-16-2003, 02:18 PM
GLW, agreed....

Northern DOES have running strikes...they are just very hard to execute and get power and timing right
Jump front kicks come to mind, so many traditionalists don't have as much power as the contemp. guys... I got tips from a wushu person, my kicks speed increased a decent amount...

Some hammer fist strikes have a very dynamic look and application, same with some of the tong bei ish strikes in there that look like a few quick steps.

The "beginners" forms at some wushu schools are traditional, or with some stuff added to the end or something.
:D

Stacey
06-16-2003, 04:15 PM
because traditional lama kicks the same way as mantis or hung gar or choy lif fut or eagle claw....you know...traditional. Its all the same and not nearly as cool as commie stuff.

GLW
06-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Commie stuff...

and I suppose you saw all that from your bomb shelter....:)

Don't forget to use the word PINKO too...

GeneChing
06-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Helen beat lymphoma with kung fu. Traditional or wushu, that's a pretty strong application. Could you beat cancer with your style?

norther practitioner
06-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Its all the same and not nearly as cool as commie stuff.
Kicks, whats the difference to you, especially in forms, front kick, side kick, crecent kicks, sweeps, etc...

Kumkuat
06-17-2003, 12:09 PM
I think Helen has a boyfriend or is married. This was according to Liang Shou Yu. But that was couple of years ago when he told me. She could be divorced or broken up by now.

Richie
06-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Hey Gene. I think that her martial arts helped her in the way that she was stronger and healthier than a couch potato, but I really doubt it cured her.

I know doctors and researcher don't know everything about cancer, but I think there were more factors involved.

Chang Style Novice
06-17-2003, 02:25 PM
That shows what you know, Richie. An spinning outside crescent kick to the chin of a lymphoma will cure it every time!;)

I had to ground'n'pound a malignant growth on my left testicle once. Painful, but the end result was worth it.

red5angel
06-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Richie, while her martial arts may not have "cured" her, the martial arts she does goes a long way, like you pointed out to keeping her healthier then your average schmoe, the practice does do a lot towards keeping you healthy even in times of sickness and I believe that sort of exercising of the body can do a lot towards healing you. I don't thin it's mystical, or having anything to do with "energies", I just believe that it has a way of strengthening your body, your mind and your spirit.

GLW
06-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Combine a healthier body with:

Traditional Chinese Medicine (there are herbal treatments that are being added to Western Medicine all the time...and what about the research into the health benefits of Green Tea...)

Helen used some TCM treatments

Along with Qi Gong (that has been shown to strengthen the body, immune system, bring things into balance, etc...AND calm the mind and help maintain a postive outlook)

AND add this to continued practice to keep the body stronger, shore up the immune system, and keep the spirits up...

I would say that Wushu, Qi Gong, and Traditional Chinese Medicine played a VERY large part in her remission.

GeneChing
06-18-2003, 09:51 AM
You just go in remission. But if you read the article, you'll see how much she credits her health to her practice. Certainly TCM played a part too, since she was on a regimen of Chinese herbs, but in TCM, you cannot divorce treatments like you do in Western medicine, so her martial practice was definately critical. There was also a heavy spiritual factor - chanting was used - but that aspect wasn't covered in the cover story. It's a bit too way out for most westerners anyway since it echoes of exorcism and most westerners only think that's movie stuff.

As for her marital status, Helen is not married. Last I heard she was about to be engaged, but I don't know if that went through or not.

GeneChing
10-04-2017, 08:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4N94c5zqw

I couldn't search out a thread devoted to the IWSD (common terms - hard to search here) so I'm just going to copy this KUNG FU TAI CHI 25TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69762-KUNG-FU-TAI-CHI-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-FESTIVAL-May-19-21-2017-San-Jose-CA) Grandmasters LIVE! demo to Master Helen Liang (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?23064-emei-master-helen-liang), even though its a group performance with many others. Her father, GM Liang Shou-yu, demonstrated separately from the IWSD performance.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/mzine/Cov2007_3.jpg

MAY+JUNE 2007 (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=701)

GeneChing
06-19-2018, 08:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsgEE7-UKA

THREADS:
Helen Liang (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?23064-emei-master-helen-liang)
10th Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70463-10th-Tiger-Claw-Elite-KungFuMagazine-com-Championship-May-19-20-2018-San-Jose-CA)

GeneChing
04-12-2019, 08:05 AM
Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for Beginner Tai Chi for Health DVD Autographed by Helen Liang! Contest ends 5:00 p.m. PST on 4/25/2019.

http://www.kungfumagazine.com//admin/site_images/KungfuMagazine/images/ezine/1128_Beginner-Tai-Chi-for-Health-Sweepstake.jpg

THREADS
Emei Master Helen Liang (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?23064-Emei-Master-Helen-Liang)
Tai chi for health (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70946-Tai-chi-for-health)

GeneChing
04-29-2019, 02:09 PM
See our WINNERS: Beginner Tai Chi for Health on DVD autographed by Helen Liang thread (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71289-WINNERS-Beginner-Tai-Chi-for-Health-on-DVD-autographed-by-Helen-Liang).

THREADS
Emei Master Helen Liang (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?23064-Emei-Master-Helen-Liang)
Tai chi for health (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70946-Tai-chi-for-health)

GeneChing
07-05-2019, 09:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMN1QtR2tW8

THREADS
2019 TCEC (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71001-2019-Tiger-Claw-Elite-Championships-amp-KUNG-FU-TAI-CHI-DAY-May-18-19-San-Jose-CA)
2003 July August (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?22510-2003-July-August)

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/mzine/2003-4.jpg

JULY+AUGUST 2003 (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=351)