PDA

View Full Version : gary lam video clip

Ernie
06-13-2003, 10:49 AM
quite a few people have been asking for a clip so i put a small 10meg one on my server and i'll open a general account for anyone who want's it
ip[mindz-i.serveftp.net] name [sample] pass[ temp] port [21]
it's a 1 min. clip on one of the po pai actions vcd quaility.
have fun
any questions just ask .

Ernie
06-13-2003, 10:58 AM
by the way i will only have this open for a day or so as it kills my bandwidth
there are a few other clips on my server but there alot larger so that will have to be done on a individual basis

TjD
06-13-2003, 04:35 PM
excellent video! thanks for sharing

is gary lam your sifu or someone you train with? great structure!

Ernie
06-13-2003, 05:25 PM
well i'm not big on the whole ''sifu'' thing . let's just say he is and has been my wing chun coach/friend for a number of years now .
gary likes things informal and free .
thank you for the positive input you should check out the larger pak sau file i have on my server .
it shows a little more of his skill . he is a very fast and powerful man , and my main reason for being there is his wing chun is very natural no rigid wing chun stick figure structure .
that naturalness suits my nature better . thanks again and let me know if you want to see the other stuff.

WCis4me
06-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Hi Ernie,

Thanks very much for sharing that. It was truly worth the download time.
I have to say I am impressed. I love it when people with good kung fu make it look so nonchalant and easy, yet obviously very effective.
I agree with you about the naturalness. I totally agree that he is very fast, powerful and skilled. Sifu Lam is definitely one of the best that I have seen.
In the first push I thought the guy went through the fence for a minute......lol. It was clear, think he even said it, that he wasn't doing it as hard after that or he would send him further. He was making that poor guy look like a rag doll the way he was tossing him about. The guy held up good for the stuff he was taking. Thumbs up to him, Sifu Lam, and you!
It was a great video,

Thanks again,

Vicky

Ernie
06-13-2003, 10:32 PM
vicky
thank you so much such positive words , it was my pleasure to pass on the clip and there is so much more ,
i never realized how skilled gary was as he is so laid back and open about everything i just figured that was the norm. and i have the blessing or curse of being friends with highly skilled martial artist and fighters .
but now i realize that he is a gem to the wing chun world . so i got him to let me film him for his students and now open it up to everybody else who might be interested .
so it means alot to me that you enjoyed watching the man work , and feel free to pass on the clip to any one that want's to check it out .
i might put a few more clips off the dvd/vcd in the next few days if there is interest.
and hopefully he will get a good response from his video and i can get him to document the rest of his approach to developing skills in wing chun .
he has a extremly detailed system in skill development combining the elements of pushing /pulling/crossiing hands/closeing / and footwork.
but that is for another thread .

Ernie
06-14-2003, 08:21 AM
in case there is some confusion the clip that is open to the public on my server is a 1min. clip but the video that vicky is talking about is a 12m clip that i can set up one person at a time for thae sake of saving my bandwidth.
thank you all for the input
and if you want the whole thing
http://www.garylamwingchun.com/
you guys can get it from gary directly both in dvd and vcd format.
if you guys want to see more let me know and i'll set up another short clip