PDA

View Full Version : Knife experience!

red5angel
06-16-2003, 10:05 AM
I had an interesting experience friday night. I was taking the bus home from a freinds after some sparring and what not. the buses they use now to get out to where I live are those brand new greyhound-like coach buses, real nice. Anyway across the aisle and one seat up, this kid was sitting. His freind was sitting in the aisle behind him, and across from me. He takes out this knife, only about 5 inches long or so and starts stabbing the back of the seat. These buses aren't a week old yet, and this kid is trying to tear up the back of this seat. I thought about saying something to the kid, but I wasn't convinced they would listen, and having a knife means they would have the initiative if I had to ask them to stop.
So I walked over, sat down next to him and reached out, pressing his wrist to the back of the seat, with the knife stuck in the back of it. My goal was to just pin his arm for a second until I could get the knife from him with my other hand, I probably outweight the kid by about 50-60lbs or so. Anyway, apparently I hit his wrist hard enough that something pinched and he let go of the knife, leaving it hanging there in the back of the seat. So grabbed the knife, said thanks, stuck it in my bag and walked up to the driver to let him know. The driver called the "Bus police" and they met us at the next stop. The kids tried to get off but the guy wouldn't open the doors.
The details - He was stabbing with his right arm and his albow was up so his forearm was perpendicular to the floor. I reached out with my right arm and palmed his forearm to the back of the chair, he gave a little cry and let go of the knife and I reached over with my left arm and pulled it out.
I got to keep the knife, a nice one, and I get to go into court in a week or two since the company is pressing charges.

Shaolin-Do
06-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Bahaha, the rat f*ckers got what was comming. Good disarming technique.
hehehe
:D

Oso
06-16-2003, 10:50 AM
reminds me of the very first, and only 1 of 2, live knife disarm I ever did...

it was in the first bar I got a job bouncing at and there was a guy at the downstairs bar eating a steak dinner but was also drunk as hell and had started giving the bartender a hard time when she cut him off and threatened to cut her with the steak knife.

I went down and sat next to the guy like I was a customer. He was still eating the steak and *****ing at the bartender. He pointed the knife accross the bar at the bartender again. The knife was in his right hand and I reached with my left (we were side by side ) and grabbed his wrist and slammed it on the bar, covered the hand with right and then stripped the knife out against the thumb and threw it behind the bar. I kept an armbar on him but he just kinda gave me a dumb look and sat there. I eased away from him and sat next to him till the cops came. He kept asking for the knife back because he couldn't cut the steak and we said no so he finished eating prime rib with his hands and teeth.

I got a little bit of a cut but nothing major.

PaulH
06-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Red5angel and Oso,

Thumbs up!

Regards,

norther practitioner
06-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Good stories, I have no knife disarm experience stories worth sharing. Nerves come into play with any situation, these just make it a bit more I must guess.

red5angel
06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
It wasn't that big a deal for me. The adrenaline was pumping for sure but I had been sparring for a few hours before that so I think I was in the right mindset for it. also, if you think about it, it wasn't all that exciting either! I didn't learn what I did from the martial arts, other then to respect the blade if not the person carrying it, so I knew I needed to take it out of action as quick as possible. he didn't put up much of a fight either but I was bigger and a few years older then him.

Nothing like the time I fought off 12 midget ninjas with both hands tied to my bum.

Oso
06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
In my 2 live knife experiences and probably a dozen blunt weapon experiences I snuck 'em, to hell w/ trying that mano mano crap if you don't have to.

had a parking lot fight between some college wrestlers who were in town for a training camp and some locals. It was like 6 wrestlers vs. 3 locals and the locals brought out the tire irons. I took 2 away from two different guys but only after I verbally intimidated them into dropping their hand below their waist. Only then did I go for the grab. One was a wrist lock which I woulda gotten a throw out of if he hadn't of released. The other guy was against the side of a car and I pinned his arm against the car w/ my body/leg and palmed the underside of his chin and forced him backwards over the hood.

The only other knife was a guy I saw getting ready to sneak another guy from behind w/ a pocket knife. Luckily he was smaller than me and I just came up behind him and grabbed his wrist and smacked it against my knee to release the knife and then simply picked him up and carried him outside. oh, one of my guys was at my back and picked the knife up.

yenhoi
06-16-2003, 12:49 PM
What? A couple weeks taking Kali lessons and all of a sudden your a baddasz super hero mother ****er?

Yep, thats how it works ;)

Knives are scary.

:eek:

red5angel
06-16-2003, 12:51 PM
I've never been in any really cool fights. I saw a midget pick a fight with my freind once. I saw a couple of other cool fights. I also saw a not so cool fight where 10 wanna be suburban gang bangers chased my freind around and then hit him a few times with a lead pipe.

red5angel
06-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Heh, yenhoi, I think I may have "underestimated" the situation. Like I said I had just come off a few hours of sparring and the kid was smaller and younger then me. No bad assness here I just figure it wasn't very cool of him to be stabbing the new bus like that. Badass would have been slamming his heas repeatedly against the seat in front of him and them pushing him out the window.

Oso
06-16-2003, 12:55 PM
yea, the third local in the above group was laying on the ground unconscious by the time I got to him...I couldn't be everywhere at once and I was the only guy on that night.

had another fight that got some pool sticks going on and one guy was bleeding from the head so bad his entire head, neck and chest was solid red.

got to use some of my arnis disarms in that one.

but, I'm old now and just stay away from anyplace like that.

Shaolin-Do
06-16-2003, 01:09 PM
I am a very accomplished knife fighter. I have cut myself bad enough to need stitches all over my hands. :)
No one else has ever made it to my skin with a blade tho, but Im hella good at it.
hehehe.... Needless to say, I will NEVER practice with a sharp weapon, my history with sharp things is as such I wouldnt want to. Hopefully I never have to fight someone w/a knife, Im real good at cutting myself. Dont have clumsy hands, Ive played the piano for 15 years now, just have bad luck.
Ive never had to wreck shop on someones face with my hands for that matter either... Im pretty good at avoiding fights.
:)

old jong
06-16-2003, 02:56 PM
This is the very best thread I read since the great mythomaniac Neal Cameroon's days.
Bravo!

Oso
06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
This is the very best thread I read since the great mythomaniac Neal Cameroon's days.
Bravo!

sarcasm alarm going off...

old jong
06-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Good article (http://ejmas.com/jalt/jaltart_elmore_0402.htm)

Oso
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
so, has blunt criticism gone out of style?

Chang Style Novice
06-16-2003, 03:11 PM
I had several memorable knife experiences this weekend. The best of them were all pretty similar; cutting limes into wedges for vodka tonic.

red5angel
06-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Oso, Old Jong is a Wing Chun weenie so you will have to excuse him. His english isn't so good and he sometimes doesn't get it so type slowly for him ok?

CSN, those are my favorite knife techniques!

old jong
06-16-2003, 03:17 PM
How to look intimidating to a guy with a knife! (http://philelmore.com/images/shonuff.jpg)

old jong
06-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Clivage is a form of manipulation used often by obsessive/compulsive cases. It is basicaly pretending that somebody is your friend and that it is a favor you are making him in accepting him in your "clan" against the "other"...Internet attention w hores use that technique a lot too! :rolleyes:
Sorry for my bad english!...

Chang Style Novice
06-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Limes...don't cut back!

yenhoi
06-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Your almost as funny as that old fossil jong, CSN.

Hey OJ! ;)

:eek:

Laughing Cow
06-16-2003, 04:40 PM
I have only done 2 knife disarms so far.

The techniques used were rather un-orthodox but worked ok.
If you got the guts you could try them for a gun too.
;)

Oso
06-16-2003, 06:10 PM
I see I've stepped into the middle of an older argument.

still, I didn't like that apparent attitude that knowledge and experience were exclusive.

and speaking of limes...I'm gonna have me a G&T