PDA

View Full Version : Kamon Wing Chun

Patrick Gordon
06-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Hello folks,

I really hope this doesn't post twice (having problems). I have a student who moved to London, England and wants to join a good Wing Chun school. Kamon Wing Chun club is close to him and he would like to know if I have any information on this club. If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated, sincerely,

Patrick Gordon.

danny james
06-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Go to www.kamonwingchun.com there is lots of info there.
i train with kamon and am very happy with my progress over the last two and a half years.
It did take me over two years before i began chi sau.you start on lok sau and then have to master dan chi before you can move on to chi sau.
tiution is paid monthly and you can train once or seven nights a week for a very reasonable price.
The training covers the traditional style of wing chun as well as training aggresive street application and ju jitsu.
The organization is growing with lots of schools in the south of England.
A great school with very good instructers.

black and blue
06-17-2003, 02:24 AM
Strange world. A few years back I spent three months in Ottawa and was on the verge of checking out your school Patrick. Relationship went pear-shaped (d@mn and blast those Canadian wimmin), and I returned to the UK... where I joined Kamon!

Danny summed it up quite nicely. (Hi Danny... don't know if we've met).

We refer to the Bong/Lap drill as Luk Sau, by the bye, in case that caused any confusion. Kevin Chan studies BJJ as so if you're interested, the options are open. For the most part this area is looked at in seperate seminars. Our site talks a little about this.

How long has your student been training? The instructors I've trained with have been excellent (Bill Bostock, Michael Chan, Roy Fretwell)... but, naturally, I would recommend your student getting to a class taken by Kevin Chan Sifu himself. (Covent Garden, Croydon (South London), Portsmouth).

Feel free to pass on your student's details via PM if he/she's looking for a little more information.

Cheers,

Duncan