PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Food

Leimeng
06-17-2003, 12:05 AM
~ Reading and commenting on the postings about Tripe got me hungry, then it got me thinking.
~ What are forumn members favorite sorts of food?
~ What foods are nasty for you?
~ What is the most 'interesting' food you have eaten?
~ Related to this: Do you eat for Pleasure or Health?
~ I prefer lots of hot spicey foods and of course Chocolate. The best spices/flavourings seem to be hot Peppers, Cumin, Garlic, Sesame, Fish Sauce, and Lime.
~ Favorite styles are Vietnamese, Turkish, Italian, Thai and Soul.
~ Most nasty are scarabs, cooked fish, european style eggplant, liver and fast food.
~ Most bland food has to be in England, but they got good beer and nice women, so I guess that makes up for it.
~ I ate dog several times before when I lived in Korea. It is very good. I highly reccomend it. Serve it with hot mustard, sesame oil and of course garlic!
~ As long as I get a bit of chocolate, lime, and garlic on a fairly regular basis, I try to eat for health. Learning how to cook food correctly means you get to pleasure out of almost any sort of health food.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Shuul Vis
06-17-2003, 12:22 AM
"What is the most 'interesting' food you have eaten?"

Well, it would have been great but she kept running away every time i would come at her with the barbeque sauce trying to push her into the fire. She kept giving me this angry look and all i could think was, "Da mn, if i could just marinate this bi tch..."

Seriously folks.... The most interesting thing i have eaten has got to be lighter fluid. Here is the quick version of the story. I was getting picked on alot in high school during lunch and so i came up with a great idea to get them all to stop. One day i came to lunch and from my lunch bag i pulled out a bottle of zippo lighter fluid. I subtly made sure they all saw it and then proceeded to squirt a large quantity of it down my throat. The look on thier faces was priceless. Not only that but i squirted them as well and took out my lighter and began to fumble around with it as if to set them ablaze. Some of them actually ran. The lighter fluid bottle was filled with water of course, but they were to busy being unintelligent to realize that fact.

Starchaser107
06-17-2003, 12:43 AM
HahahahahaHA haha
haha haha haha

Niiice

SanSoo Student
06-17-2003, 01:40 AM
HAHAHA, nice prank...brains over brawns rite? :D
My favorite food would have to be pud kee moa, its translation in thai is.. Drunkard's noodles.

It has the righty blend of spices and good body with the noodles.

Mr Punch
06-17-2003, 07:44 AM
I once ate the end of a chopstick's worth of a fermented (read 'rotten') traditional (read 10 years old) Japanese fish paste once.

I will never do that again.

Live clams take some doing too.

shaolin kungfu
06-17-2003, 07:49 AM
Chocalate milk, from powder. I can go through a 72 ounce bucket of that stuff in under two weeks.:) Unhealthy, but very delicious.

Shaolin-Do
06-17-2003, 07:53 AM
My diet consists mostly of salads, sandwiches, pastas, and lean meats.... Love to make huge ass super sammiches, with roast beef and honey turkey and brown sugar ham and smoked chicken......... mmmmmmmm....................... Toasted bread... havarti and colby jack cheese......... mmmm.....
wierdest thing Ive ever eaten.... "cowboy stew" for extra credit in 10th grade. Every shotglass worth you ate, you got a 100 for a grade. I ate 5. Was failing... :)
Cowboy stew = Cow brains, stomach, intestines, and testicles in a nice broth of god knows what.

shaolin kungfu
06-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Hold on, your school let you pass because you ate something? Man, I wish I lived in texas.

Shaolin-Do
06-17-2003, 08:09 AM
That was a once in a lifetime deal. :)
School here is actually in the top 10 most difficult curriculums in the U.S., and MacArthur is the most difficult in SA.
That was most definately the only freebie Ive ever got. (at school)

ewallace
06-17-2003, 08:28 AM
School here is actually in the top 10 most difficult curriculums in the U.S., and MacArthur is the most difficult in SA.
What's your source for that statement? I found the curriculum here to be a joke compared to my school district in Illinois. Then again I went to Judson so what do you expect?

Shaolin-Do
06-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Judson = 2nd worst school in district by last years poll by SA Express news.
:)
#1 crap?
Of course Lee.
:)

ewallace
06-17-2003, 08:31 AM
Back on topic,

I now (finally) eat for health. I eat very little carbs, high protein. I drink a lot of MRPs, eat tuna for a snack, and try to have red meat for lunch, and either red meat or chicken with some veggies for dinner.

What is the most 'interesting' food you have eaten?
Squirrel

MasterKiller
06-17-2003, 08:44 AM
What are forumn members favorite sorts of food?
Peanut butter and strawberry jelly sammiches.

What foods are nasty for you?
Anything pork.

Alligator, maybe.

Related to this: Do you eat for Pleasure or Health?
Monday thru Friday, it's all about counting calories. On the weekends, I splurge a little.

Chang Style Novice
06-17-2003, 08:52 AM
I prefer cheap or free food. Lately I've been really bad, eating once a day - lunch at some all you can gorge buffet. When I'm being smarter, I generally eat some fruit and a couple boiled eggs for breakfast, raw fresh veggies and a healthy sammich for lunch, and then switch it up for dinner.

I like southern indian cuisine, pastas, fish, beans n rice, and so on.

Plus of course, plenty of beer, whiskey, and chocolate ice cream (or cake.)

As for 'interesting' - I did the Wall of Voodoo thing (almost) and had barbecued iguana once. I was in Puerto Vallarta, not Tijuana, though.

fa_jing
06-17-2003, 10:37 AM
~ What are forumn members favorite sorts of food?
Anything my wife makes. Colombian and Caribbean influences, mostly. Alot of stuff that is made from simple elements but prepared with great attention. Coconut rice, beans, Bone Soups are awesome. I like legumes from South of the border - N~ame, Espinoso Yam, Yautia, Ahuyama, Yucca, Plantains, Corn and Pumpkin too. Spices are Bay Leaves, Allspice, Cumin, Achiote, Garlic, Lime, Maggi (Boullion), bell peppers, cilantro, scallions (not all together at once!!!). Lots of salads, steamed veggies like Zucchini, Asparugus, etc, been cutting out the white rice and excessive starches. We've been charcoal grilling alot since the weather broke - making our own version of Shish Kebab, or fish or whatever. We eat tripe, cow foot, pig tail regularly- have also had beef heart, tongue, chicken feet.

As far as fruits go, we eat apples and oranges and grapes bananas and melons and pineapples and papayas like everyone else, but we also enjoy some juices made from frozen fruit pulp from Colombia - Guanabana (soursop), Maracuya`(Passionfruit), Lulo, Mora (Andean Blackberry), Curuba. These are the most common to be exported - in Colombia they cultivate 230 different kinds of fruit, some of which I miss.

Thai and Vietnamese are good, as is some Mexican. Fish is the best.

~ What foods are nasty for you?
Chicken feet is bordering on the nasty. Chinese food is often nasty. Food prepared in a dirty kitchen is nasty. Fried fish places in Chicago are nasty. Fast food is nasty.
~ What is the most 'interesting' food you have eaten?
Rooster soup that we made out of the ground in the "monte," starting with a rooster that we bought from the next house up the path - they chased it down for us and tied it up, then I killed it by breaking it's neck - my technique was bad, took too many tries but I got the job done - if there is a next time it's pull-and-twist, not just twist - others cleaned the bird - then we got everything else except garlic and tomatoes from the guy's farm where we were - made a soup, laid everything out on banana leaves - looked terrible but tasted great.

~ Related to this: Do you eat for Pleasure or Health?
Both.

Merryprankster
06-17-2003, 10:45 AM
I always eat for pleasure.

I hate fish.

The oddest thing I've eaten is probably chicken's feet. Which I love.

I do all the cooking at my place and I'm **** good at it. I like something from just about every cuisine.

norther practitioner
06-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Hmm... most interesting food
snake
some scarey looking sushimi
rocky mountain oysters (read breaded and deep fried testis)
tongue
I think I've had cow brain in something

I eat a lot of rice.
Fried rice with shrimp/chix/tofu
jasmine rice with fish
I make a lot of american/chinese food (the stuff you get in chinese restaurants here, I'm too scared to make traditional, although I'll eat it)

a lot of asparagus

I'm with the health thing, but it gets difficult... not too much time.

jun_erh
06-17-2003, 12:13 PM
I like Sushi and malt liquor

Kristoffer
06-17-2003, 01:25 PM
The weirdest food I've eaten I guess is scorpion... on a stick :eek: And yes, it's Exactly as good as it sounds................

Most exciting food when I was a youngster was moose meat and shark fins. I just found it cool that I got to eat different animals :D

Shaolin-Do
06-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Wont eat shark fins, are harvested horribly wrong. Japanese boaters just cut off their fins and toss them back in to die. Thats like someone walking by your kwoon, lassoing you, cutting off your arms and legs and tossin your ass right back in to die.

I like rice lots :)
If you keep nothin but healthy food at your house, its easy to eat healthy.
But health food does tend to take a bit longer to make then your average microwave uncle ben's.....

ewallace
06-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Depends what you consider healthy.

Kristoffer
06-17-2003, 02:10 PM
ignorance is bliss right..

jun_erh
06-17-2003, 02:30 PM
I ate a youngster

norther practitioner
06-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I ate a youngster
called it veal, and served a nice merlot....

Game
I've eaten a lot of different game, prepared a million different ways

Bear
Buffalo
Antelope
White tailed deer
Mule deer
Big Horn Sheep
Rabbit
Elk
Moose
Caribou
etc.

Chang Style Novice
06-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Oh, yeah, when I was in Alaska it was always reindeer sausage this and moose filet that and beefalo (cattle/bison hybrid) the other.

shaolin kungfu
06-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Is it legal to hunt bears?

Chang Style Novice
06-17-2003, 03:02 PM
I think under certain circumstances and in certain places, yes. But I've never been a hunter, so take that with a grain of salt. And hell, I qualified it to meaninglessness anyway.

norther practitioner
06-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Hunting bear:

There are hunting seasons for bear depending on where you are.....

Chang Style Novice
06-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Where's Oso?

pumps shotgun, settles back in camo fatigues, waits patiently

Becca
06-17-2003, 03:56 PM
What are forumn members favorite sorts of food?
Sushi with Wasabe Sauce, Chicken Katsu with Ginger Sauce, Chicken Curry Rice, anything with chocolate.

What foods are nasty for you?
Okra and lima beans.

Pickled Cow's Toung- good when done right, but definantly interesting.

Related to this: Do you eat for Pleasure or Health?
Why do they have to be seperate?

rubthebuddha
06-17-2003, 04:08 PM
goodies: phud thai, yakisoba, sushi, ginger ribs (the way my roomie makes 'em), manestra, tyropita, BACON SAMMICHES, cereal, kalamari, saganaki, salmon, brownies

baddies: pickles, unfried potatoes, frosting, root beer, mayo, mustard, overly spicy food

weirdies: beerios (cheerios, but with beer instead of milk)

reasonies: both pleasure and healthitude