PDA

View Full Version : Sombo techs

Black Jack
06-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Here is a Sombo website that shows step by step and animated picture techniques for those that are interested. Some of the pics include club defense, rear naked and other choke defenses, flying armbar, outer reap, sweeps to armbar, and a gun defense.

The gun defense I am a little weary about as I wonder if it takes into consideration accidental discharge, attackers wrist rotation, and having tight weapon control during the middle part of the movement. That is a tricky situation though, so the move only has to work once, one would have to feel it on a ballistic level in training to really get a better understanding of the small elements.

I believe this is a combat sambo school and not combat sambo spetnaz nor sport sambo.

Here is the link and the techs are under Sombo Moves-

http://stratfordsombo.tripod.com

Shaolin-Do
06-18-2003, 08:33 AM
In Northern Va
Page best viewed at 800x600 and on IE 4.0 or greater
Master Instructor: Scott Anderson
Instructors: Calvin Haverland and Jeremy Mader

Scott Anderson(left)Bill D'Urso(right)

Sombo Class(left to right)Jeremy, Juan, Scott, Calvin (half the sombo class not pictured)

(L-R)Front:Andrew, Felica.Middle: Jeremy, Bill, Scott Aaron.Back:Dave, Pete, Alex.

The Jujitsu class(some not pictured)

Shirts: $10+S&H $5 for up to 5 shirts, add $5 for 6-10 shirts and so on and so on. All personal checks must go through before shipment after which shipping will take between 2-5days.
Sizes: lg, xl.
Make check payable to
Calvin Haverland CHaverland@aol.com
6503 Skylemar Trail
Centreville, VA 20121-3842

(Front: AAU Sombo logo Back: Combat Fighting-1999 US.National Tournament/Pan Am Open Games)

Read It~~~~~Sign It
Please click the submit button twice

Questions/Comments? Use the feedback button or email me.

Last Revised 2/28/01
Design, Layout, and Revisions by Jeremy Mader ©
Disclaimer

It doesnt say sambo moves anywhere.

:confused:

shaolin kungfu
06-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Just go to stratfordsambo.tripod.com, forget about the 1.html

apoweyn
06-18-2003, 08:45 AM
I didn't know Scott Anderson was into sombo. Last I knew, he was teaching muay thai in Columbia, Maryland.

Stuart B.

Black Jack
06-18-2003, 08:48 AM
The link works for me when I hit it??

If not can someone please post it correctly.

You have trained with the guy apowyen?

shaolin kungfu
06-18-2003, 08:51 AM
http://stratfordsombo.tripod.com/

Stacey
06-18-2003, 09:09 AM
besides the gay outfits, how is this not judo?

apoweyn
06-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Black Jack
The link works for me when I hit it??

If not can someone please post it correctly.

You have trained with the guy apowyen?

I've only taken one muay thai class with him. But a guy I used to train with practices muay thai with him regularly.

Stuart B.

Black Jack
06-18-2003, 09:24 AM
You don't sound so impressed:D

Sombo has a deep judo connection along with its native influence so I would expect to see that in the techs. From what I understand is that their are different verisons of sombo, sport sombo, self defense/combat sambo, and combat sombo spetnaz.

apoweyn
06-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Sorry. Didn't mean to sound unimpressed. I just don't have much basis for judgment. That's all. My friend Derrick certainly seems to think highly of Scott. As does my teacher.

My thoughts on that class, in particular: It was good. I enjoyed it. Though Scott insisted that I lead with my left. I don't lead with my left generally, so I didn't feel very effectual.

Stuart B.