PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new one, Master Pan Qing Fu vs. Master Chan Poi

Dragon Warrior
10-11-2001, 04:37 PM
Both are considered kung fu masters.
Both are legends in the kung fu community.
Both are around the same weight, height, and age.

Master Pan has his ironfist
Master Chan has his plum flower post training.

All i really know about them is what i have seen on discover channel.

So who would win and why???

My money goes with ironfist because he just seems like he is more of a fighter.

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

thekuntawman
10-11-2001, 05:09 PM
i think pan ching will kick chan poi ass. :D

shaolinboxer
10-11-2001, 05:15 PM
I think they would both get injured.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Robinf
10-11-2001, 05:20 PM
Master Chan Pui's style is Wah Lum Tam Tui Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu. He's responsible for bringing the style to the U.S. and spreading the teachings.

I don't know the other gentleman, but I'm will to wager that there's more to him than what was on the discover channel, and it would be an even match.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Abstract
10-11-2001, 05:25 PM
have to agree...and while i don't know a whole lot about Chan Poi, but Pan Qing Fu...wasn't he employed by goverment agencies to take out gangs? this cat has YEARS of not only training, but USING his training to WHOOP A$$ in very real life threating situations, and has come out on top, obviously, cuz he's still alive...if anyone knows how to effectively take someone out, he would.

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

wu_de36
10-11-2001, 05:29 PM
Pan Qing Fu would be favored in my mind, just because I've heard more about his training methods. I think he'd win an empty handed match.

but if it was a weapons fight, and Chan Poi was allowed to choose the weapon, I think he'd win :)

Stumblefist
10-11-2001, 05:33 PM
What's going on?
Pan Qing Fu is one of my Fav's.
Let's look for colorful analogy...
hmm...
Rolls is to Pan Qing Fu
as dishwater is to Bacardi Spice
Master Pan is the 6th deadly Venom
Is for Real
...light bulb...
Rolls...would you like to challenge MasterPan?
He's not too far from you.

"Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me"

HuangKaiVun
10-11-2001, 05:47 PM
On the meihua poles, Chan Poi.

On the ground, Pan Qing Fu.

CLFNole
10-11-2001, 07:28 PM
This is so ridiculous. Unless any of you have seen either one fight to make a guess as to who would win a fight is foolish.

Someone sees a picture of P. Chan on the plum flower posts and figures he must be an expert fighter on those. Others see Master Pan beat his hands on the metal plate and have heard the stories of his so-called gang-busting days.

Unless someone has actually seen either of the two engage in an actual fight than you cannot make a decision. You may see them show forms but for all those out there who don't already know this forms and real fighting are not the same.

Just my two cents.

Peace.

HuangKaiVun
10-11-2001, 07:31 PM
It's fun to speculate.

If this is foolish, so is the stock market.

Shaolin36
10-11-2001, 08:00 PM
I would guess Pan Ching due to the simple fact the Chinese Government contracted him to teach his martial arts and to bring down some of the most notorious Triad members in the early 1900's.

Just a gues of course.

Shaolin
Fan Tou Rui

Stumblefist
10-11-2001, 08:05 PM
early 1900's???
He's not that old. :)

"Don't worry...it's only a broken arm"
Master Pan creating his own English lesson in "Iron and Silk"

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

Kung Lek
10-11-2001, 08:20 PM
they are both kung fu masters, it is likely they would not fight at all. hhahahahahahaha.

they're masters for pete's sake.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Ralek
10-11-2001, 08:44 PM
Where does the the Pan guy live? I would happily shatter the false unrealistic image surrounding master pan.

Someone said he was close to me? I'll fight him.

I am the Grand Ultimate Fist

Shaolin36
10-11-2001, 08:46 PM
Let's see he's about 70-80yrs old right now. that would put him in the early 40's to 50's, ok maybe mid 1900's. Sorry I meant 1900's as in 1940's,1950's, exct....

Shaolin36
Fan Tou Rui

Shaolindynasty
10-11-2001, 09:15 PM
Ha! If you guys could see ralek getting puched in the face by "iron fist Pan" what would you give? Anyways I think they are both pretty old and have probally "retired" from fighting, in the younger days I might put my money on Pan though, based on reputation he is better known as the fighting type

New classes New online Catalog
www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Taijimantis
10-11-2001, 11:00 PM
But Pan Qing Fu is one of the nost recognized figures in Chinese martial arts. He has studies somewhere in the realm of seventeen systems, and was hired by the Chinese Government to combat the notorious gangs of China. He has been fighitng since he was 5 or six years old just to survive on the streets, often taking on fully grown adults to establish the "pecking order" on those same streets.

As far as Ralek goes. Have at him. He is I believe in Vancouver now? Anyone back me up on his location? He shouldnt be hard to find. You go find him and make sure that you have your insurance paid up. I know his is. Really. Im not syaing you cant take him... :rolleyes:

Pui Chan is a friend of my Sifu. Both his master and my own Sigung were very very close. My Sigung was too one of the great fighters of his time and has had doccumented encounters with some of the biggest badasses of the time where he came out not only on top, but where he killed some of them.

In the 1920s and beyond, up until his death Sigungs name was associated with phenomenal kungfu ability.

Anyone who can be aknowledged as a lineage holder by someone that my Sigung considered a peer... He has my vote as being one formidible individual.

So again I cant speculate on either, but Ill say that its six of one half a dozen of the other.

Go and take him on too Ralek.
Maybe you can get them both?

Namaste.

thekuntawman
10-12-2001, 02:29 AM
i know and use to compete against 3 poi chan students. two of them in the black belt division. i know about the type of fighting they do, and its mostly just form.

i know only one guy who did pan ching, and if the class is the way he describes it, my guess is right.

but when i chose it, i'm not serious i was really just being funny anyway.

Stumblefist
10-12-2001, 10:39 AM
Ralek: Master Pan is in Ontario, Canada near Toronto. Why don't you take a holiday on a long weekend? Just make sure you have lots of health insurance. :D :D :D
Master Pan used to tell a lot of stories how he made believers out of the Beijing cops. (They were big guys and he wasn't so). One guy he let him wear 3 or 4 chest protectors before he hit him in the chest. Of course you know the result. :D :D
I think this thing must be just some publicity gimmick? I can't get discover.
What's the story?
Anybody have any www on Chan Poi?

Master Pan's site:
www.masterpan.com (http://www.masterpan.com)

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

Tainan Mantis
10-12-2001, 02:59 PM
My 1st Mantis Sifu Arthur D'Agostino, a former long time student of Chan's related the following to us.

When Master Chan was teaching kung fu in the early 70's he would get challanged at his school every once in a while. He accepted all challenges but the challenger had to jump out the window of the building after Master Chan in order to qualify as a top quality fighter.
At least 1 person who followed and broke his leg on landing.
When giving demonstrations he would often show his Lightness Gung. Maybe jumping off a ladder onto someones chest or standing with 1 leg on a music stand.
But I've heard that many MA masters from the old school regard him to be most knowledgable in his weapons fighting.

About the plum blossom pole:
Arthur's school had 5 stuck solidly in the ground, about knee height, thick as a telephone pole. Ever try and spar up there? It is a bit frightining.
Then I went to Master Chan's school. I think he used 4*4s, a little thicker than a fist and as tall as a person. They shook and wobbled when I tried to walk on them. Very hard to keep balance. Well Master Chan practiced up there.

Later a student fell onto one of the poles and got seriusly injured.
I imagine that falling on one of those poles could be deadly.

rogue
10-13-2001, 02:24 AM
Nothing could penetrate the denseness of Rolls head.

http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/museumshop.jpg

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

HuangKaiVun
10-13-2001, 02:37 AM
Hey Ralek, would you like me to print out your post and show it to Master Pan?

One of my best friends studies kung fu with Master Pan. At your request, I will take your post and forward it to Master Pan through this student of his.

In the near future, I'll probably meet Pan Qing Fu myself. I can forward your challenge to him directly if you wish.

If you don't respond to this, I'll interpret your silence as COWARDICE.

Ralek
10-13-2001, 04:00 AM
Sure. Show it to Pan. Whoever this guy is he sounds way over-rated. I'm sure i could easily beat him. You guys give a bunch of mystical mumbo jumbo to anyone who is chinese and old.

I would have to go easy on him since he's so old. I would beat him without hurting him.

But you need to tell him that i can't travel to Canada. That would be impossible for me. I might get lost and end up in Mexico or something.

Ralek
10-13-2001, 04:04 AM
Me a coward?

Why would i be running around and meeting people in challenge matches that i don't even know if i'm a coward? I've fought/sparred 2 people so far. And i plan on fighting more people in challenge matches.

HuangKaiVun
10-13-2001, 02:17 PM
Stupid troll.

I shall print out your posts and give them to my friend, who'll likely give them directly to Master Pan.

[This message was edited by HuangKaiVun on 10-14-01 at 05:39 AM.]

HuangKaiVun
10-13-2001, 02:59 PM
I just realized belatedly that you have been SOUNDLY DEFEATED by Pan, Ralek.

I won't bother printing out your posts since you're too afraid to jump on a bus to go fight him. That's cowardice 100%.

Besides, the legal ramifications of Pan putting you in the hospital or worse are something I wish to spare you AND Master Pan AND KFO from.

Ralek is defeated - yet again.

Daniel Madar
10-13-2001, 07:35 PM
Hey Hung,

Doesn't Chan regularly attend any of the three or four competitions that take place in Maryland?

:)

Merciless is Mercy.

Ralek
10-13-2001, 08:03 PM
Huang. I hate to burst your bubble but the fight has not happened yet. I know I hurt all the kung fu guy's feelings when i KO'd the taijiquan instructor. But please don't lose your composure.

I will go easy on pan. I won't hut him. I'll just use my superior skill to control him and make him give up.

No one can beat me. I defeated taijiquan "grand ultimate fist in chinese". If i can beat the ultimate kung fu style then i can surely beat this Pan guy and his weak kung fu.

Stumblefist
10-14-2001, 06:58 AM
"I will go easy on pan. I won't hut him. I'll just use my superior skill to control him and make him give up.

No one can beat me."

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

prana
10-14-2001, 07:02 AM
I think they will come together, team up and beat the living poop out of you for suggesting they would fight each other... :D

Stumblefist
10-14-2001, 08:01 AM
Prana get real. Here is ralek's post:

"Where does the the Pan guy live? I would happily shatter the false unrealistic image surrounding master pan.
Someone said he was close to me? I'll fight him.
I am the Grand Ultimate Fist"

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

prana
10-14-2001, 08:30 AM
oh I didnt realise the other dude was in fact our Ralek !!! :P

http://dharmatours.com/hbmc/Prwhbl1.gif

tnwingtsun