PDA

View Full Version : Solo arm conditioning?

MrB
06-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Do any of you guys(and girls) have any good arm conditioning exercises which do not involve a partner?.

I'm trying to get my arms back to how they used to be before I gave up training for quite a while.

Do you have any ideas for conditioning using any day to day equipment?.

I can't afford a wooden dummy yet.

WanderingMonk
06-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Easy, get a wine bottle and use it to pound your arm and take in some calcium.

use hit medicine and all the other standard precautions.

BTW, there are plenty of post on this stuff in the southern forum. Just use the search function and take your pick.

wm

Frogman
06-19-2003, 11:39 AM
I have a post in my back yard. Home Depot has all sorts of post I would suggest a wooden post least 3 inches in diameter berried half way in the ground. If it moves to much pour some concert in the hole for a base. If you can’t dig holes in your yard or you don’t have a yard secure the post to a sheet of plywood you will need a large enough sheet to acuminate some sort of bracing. Lastly if non of these are possible use a tree, you can even chose your texture. Arm pounding can be so much fun. :D

RibHit
fm

Outcast
06-21-2003, 03:27 PM
I have used a door frame before (open the door, stand in the door way and use the standard 7 star bloking routine against the wood). Its a case of being realistic though, dont go too hard otherwise you are only going to injure yourself. Other then that, a wooden dummy is ok or just do forms and make sure you make hard contact with you hand on your arms to get some conditioning.

yu shan
06-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Almost 6 years training in 7* PM and no one taught you conditioning? 7* and all other Mantis exells in conditioning! After this amount of time you should be well versed in conditioning not only in your arms, but all body parts. You need to have yourself conditioned by a ...fellow friend. :)

MrB
06-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by yu shan
Almost 6 years training in 7* PM and no one taught you conditioning? 7* and all other Mantis exells in conditioning! After this amount of time you should be well versed in conditioning not only in your arms, but all body parts. You need to have yourself conditioned by a ...fellow friend. :)

Believe me, I've gone through the pain and bruises in my time through conditioning. I've got through many a bottle of Lee Kam Wing's wisest oil. Mmm..that fragrance and warm feeling. I'm sure other members of my class would vouch for the conditioning of my arms. :)

The point is that all of the conditioning was done with partners in my class. I've gone quite a while without training and I want to go back into it.
I posted this because I wanted to know effective solo conditioning techniques and implements.

5thBrother
06-23-2003, 10:08 AM
its really quite simple.. after 6 years im also suprised...

simple but i find more discipline required then with a partner or the post...

"hit herself" .. its that easy

examples, there are many for each body part but a few for some parts include:

forearms:

1. cross ur arms in a horizontal X. right arm on top. smash up with the left (inner) forearm bone and down with the right (outer) forearm bone, chnage to left arm on top and then smash left down and right up - repeat cycle

2. right hammerfist strike ur left forearm bone or muscle depending which area u wanna condition

hands:

1. a left paml strike runs (smashes) into r hammer fist repeat x times, repeat on otherside .. ie. r palm, l hammerfist

2. as 1 but hammerfist use knife hand

3. smash backfists together

4. smash forefists together

5. clap (smash) your palms together HARD
etc etc heaps

shins:

hammfist along your shins

things:

stand in horse stance and hammerfist smashes into ur other thighs, repeat to inner thighs

belly:

hammerifst urself in the belly

lotsa fun :D

then of course you can get sticks, bottles, iron wire brush, poles (street signs etc), posts, fences yadda yadda

as with any conditioning of course.. slow and steady with the correct method under a good teacher.

5th bro