PDA

View Full Version : Street Fight

danny james1
06-20-2003, 10:08 AM
if or when you are involved in a real fight how would you know when to stop hitting?
supposing you were fortunate and managed to deliver a powerfull first strike and your opponent was knocked back,you follow with a combination of chain punches untill he is floored.
considering this is a one on one situation with no one else about and your opponent is not yet defeated would you run at this point or???

TjD
06-20-2003, 10:37 AM
my sifu once said "hit 'em until they stop bleeding"

chain punches suck btw :D if you got one powerful shot in then follow it with another powerful shot, don't waste your time chain punching. powerful shots knock people out, not chain punches (especially the way most people do them).

chain punching is a drill and it teaches some very important body mechanics and ingrains some good attributes, but just like chi sau it's not real fighting.

if they're on the ground and don't look like they'll get up and shoot you or throw a knife into your back, run away. that way you won't have to deal with the law :D

if they look like they're going to die, call an ambulance for them then run away, or mabye the other way around :D

danny james1
06-20-2003, 11:10 AM
if you deliver a first good blow and your opponent is retreating i think good hard chain punching to the head is agood way to finish the situation,but should you continue striking untill he is unconcious or make a judgement call.

TjD
06-20-2003, 11:19 AM
like i said, depends if you think hes got a gun or not :)

i think the biggest worry about a street fight (after making sure you survive) is the court system. they can and will screw you if for some reason they think you hit too hard or something else. at least here in america, your assailant suddenly becomes "the victim" and you're in trouble. then the make off with your money because they attacked you.

:rolleyes:

EnterTheWhip
06-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Your chi sau skills should give you the ability to determine this.

Mckind13
06-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Attack till he is no longer a threat.

If someone threatens you or a loved one then you have the right to defend yourself.

You break the law when he is no longer a threat and you still continue to kit him.

Q: What happened?

A: I was scared for my life. I thought he was going to try and kill me.

David

KingMonkey
06-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Mr. McKind is absolutely right.

An old saying which pretty much sums up my feelings goes something like this....

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Do what you need to do.

teazer
06-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mckind13
Attack till he is no longer a threat.

If someone threatens you or a loved one then you have the right to defend yourself.

You break the law when he is no longer a threat and you still continue to kit him.

Q: What happened?

A: I was scared for my life. I thought he was going to try and kill me.

Indeed.
and, if memory serves, you have no option of a retreat to escape the threat.
Once there is no threat, or you can retreat, that would be the legally responsible time to cease the beating.

teazer
06-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LC-NYC
You stop when he stops breathing!

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage to Bubba, the guy with the most cigarettes :D

Ernie
06-20-2003, 03:08 PM
you follow with a combination of chain punches untill he is floored.
chain punches blow , there only good for applying momentary pressue ,
have you ever tried to really chain punch some one , there knee jerk reaction is to turn,hide there face , or dip under the shots , this is rarely the '' finish'' as most people . it the begining of the real fight , you need your heavy artiliery head butt's knee's elbows , stomps , throws, a nice heavy round thai kick comes in real nice after a short burst of punches and the guy turns and exposes the nerve on the thigh .
many people can take a punch but a flurry of head butt knees and elbows that's different.
as for when to stop hell when you can!!
and don't stick around to admire your work get out fast. catch it on the news when you get home

Golden Arms
06-20-2003, 04:17 PM
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

This is also nice in theory..but the real quote is :

I'd rather be carried by 6 than raped by 1-12. Something to think about ;)

TjD
06-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
you follow with a combination of chain punches untill he is floored.
chain punches blow , there only good for applying momentary pressue ,
have you ever tried to really chain punch some one , there knee jerk reaction is to turn,hide there face , or dip under the shots , this is rarely the '' finish'' as most people . it the begining of the real fight , you need your heavy artiliery head butt's knee's elbows , stomps , throws, a nice heavy round thai kick comes in real nice after a short burst of punches and the guy turns and exposes the nerve on the thigh .
many people can take a punch but a flurry of head butt knees and elbows that's different.
as for when to stop hell when you can!!
and don't stick around to admire your work get out fast. catch it on the news when you get home

thank you ernie :) preach on my brotha

in my experience, after that first punch (if its a good hit), you'll try chain punching and your other arm wont even reach. at most you'll get contact but there wnot be any penetration/follow through.

like what ernie said, this is because many people have what i like to call a "cower" reflex, where they try and save their ass and only make their position worse in doing so. even if they dont cower, if its a good punch they'll start moving backwards anyways and you'll have to follow on through with a step or shift.

this is fine by me because it just makes that next punch even harder.