PDA

View Full Version : what does this term mean?

Shaolin Dude
06-21-2003, 12:03 AM
chow(run) faw(fire) yup(enter) maw(evil). I heard it means you're training too much and you have internal injuries or something else. anyone know?

mantis108
06-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Simply put it is self induced dementia caused by incorrect Qigong practice especially Qi directing techniques such as the Mirco/Marco Comosic cycles.

Hope this help

Mantis108

Shuul Vis
06-21-2003, 10:14 AM
What are some classic symptoms of this, because i am quite insane and would like to know if this might be a factor.

Xebsball
06-21-2003, 10:18 AM
It means that she "wants to love you all night"

neigung
06-21-2003, 10:21 AM
i thought it had something to do with eating too much mexican food.

omarthefish
06-21-2003, 10:14 PM
zou huo ru mo (mandarin pronounciation) is a really fun little expression. You should just add in enough grammtical type words to make it make sense. Classical Chinese has very few articles or other things so the grammer is very intuitive. I like to translate it, "if your walking through flame, you're likely to meet the devil"

The first word, 'zou' means walk, not run and I think the last character, 'mo', is more like a demon (e mo) or devil (mo gui) than evil (xie e).

Mantis is still spot on with the meaning of the whole phrase. I just like to try to catch a bit of the original flavor in english. Some times in gong-fu movies when an evil gong-fu master goes bonkers and starts killing everybody or thinks he actually IS a giant mantis, the other characters will say he, "zou huo ru mo le" (past tense for the same thing)