PDA

View Full Version : Cauliflower ear

Dragon Warrior
10-11-2001, 05:00 PM
can anyone tell me about how you get this, and if there is anyway to cure it. thanx

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Stranger
10-11-2001, 05:03 PM
The cure is you have to get it drained. :eek:

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

jameswebsteruk
10-11-2001, 05:05 PM
If we are talking about the same thing, when the ear has a mushed up, mangled appearance, then it is comes from being repeatedly hit in the ear over a long period of time.

Long term boxers are particularly susceptible, and I always assumed that at that point it was a permanent disfigurement.

I dont know about short term. Getting it drained? Is it blood or other fluid that needs to be removed? Youch. :)

The chalice from the palace has the pellet with the poison,
The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

krome
10-11-2001, 05:07 PM
when the ear cartilage (sp?) breaks, that part of the ear fills up with fluid. The Fluid must constantly be drained till the damage cartilage has been repaired. You will have a slight buldge on the ear but nothing real bad. To prevent Cauliflower ear wear ear gaurds.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

Stranger
10-11-2001, 05:10 PM
Most fighters wait until they retire, if they do it at all. Why pay to have them drained when they are just going to swell up due to your training again? Some people even drain them on their own to keep costs down. Other fighters are so ugly after their career that pretty ears aren't going to get them any dates. They figure fu(k it, and wear them as badges of honor.

I'd be bumming if I had ears like Wallid. :(

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

krome
10-11-2001, 05:24 PM
I think after a long period of time that stuff hardens and you can't drain it anymore. At least that's what I have been told.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

Snake
10-11-2001, 05:40 PM
I've never suffered from cauliflower ear myself, but when I wrestled, a number of the other guys on the team did have problems with it. Bascially they would get it from rubbing their ears against the mat or someone else hitting it with their arms when they wrestled. It often looked pretty bad and it could get painful if not treated, but wearing proper headgear normally prevented it from happening.

Snake

Stumblefist
10-11-2001, 05:41 PM
Archangel?
I wanted to ask you about that? That's why i'm not so keen on wrestling.
As for the ear guards, when the olympics were on , i think Barcelona, i heard american wrestlers say they don't use them cause too bothersome and cumbersome.

"Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me"

Chang Style Novice
10-11-2001, 06:38 PM
Wok fry it with tofu, carrots, peas, water chesnut, and bamboo shoots. Flavor with a curry sauce. Satisfies both cannibals and vegetarians! Mmm-mmm good.

okay, I'll shut up now...