PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Elixir?

African Tiger
06-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey Gang:

I may have just found the answer to all joint pain and stiffness...except of course "morning wood." I don't think anyone should cure that :D

Anyway, I started drinking liquid "Coral Calcium" last month, and I notice that my knees don't hurt at all lately! For the uninitiated, Coral Calcium is found only in the coral reefs surrounding Okinawa. It is harvested without harm to the natural coral reefs.

Basically each serving has like 1000mg of calcium, which is worlds better than normal calcium suppliments. Some might say that you'd end up ****ing out most of that calcium, but I've been told that that is a clear sign that the body has taken in a perfect amount.

So my knee pain going away may just be a fluke, but I'll keep you all posted on my results.

joedoe
06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by African Tiger
Hey Gang:

I may have just found the answer to all joint pain and stiffness...except of course "morning wood." I don't think anyone should cure that :D

Anyway, I started drinking liquid "Coral Calcium" last month, and I notice that my knees don't hurt at all lately! For the uninitiated, Coral Calcium is found only in the coral reefs surrounding Okinawa. It is harvested without harm to the natural coral reefs.

Basically each serving has like 1000mg of calcium, which is worlds better than normal calcium suppliments. Some might say that you'd end up ****ing out most of that calcium, but I've been told that that is a clear sign that the body has taken in a perfect amount.

So my knee pain going away may just be a fluke, but I'll keep you all posted on my results.

Why is it only found in coral reefs surrounding Okinawa? Is it something about the type of coral? Also, how is the calcium different?

David Jamieson
06-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Okinawa is home to the immortalizing potato as well.

In fact, they have some of the greatest longevity in the world in Okinawa.

They also were the first "Japanese" to get Chinese martial arts.

cheers

PHILBERT
06-23-2003, 08:12 PM
I use to get emails all the time about that crap. I finally added a censor to my email that when coral was in subject, deleted.

Shuul Vis
06-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah the fish around those reefs in Okinawa never complain of knee or other join related pain.

Serpent
06-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, those fish never need fillings in their teeth either.

The immortality potato!? Please, elucidate.

JAZA
06-23-2003, 10:13 PM
With that quantity of calcium, are you having any problems with your kidneys?

joedoe
06-23-2003, 10:34 PM
So is the potato of immortality related in any way to the turnip of youth? :D

Serpent
06-23-2003, 10:41 PM
And the carrot of beauty?

In fact, sounds like we're heading for an entire vegetable garden of beneficial tubers!

joedoe
06-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
And the carrot of beauty?

In fact, sounds like we're heading for an entire vegetable garden of beneficial tubers!

And eventually you know where people are going to put those tubers :D

Serpent
06-23-2003, 10:52 PM
And another thread hijacked by vegetable abuse! Bravo!

:D

joedoe
06-23-2003, 10:59 PM
And no Stanley knives (box cutters) required :D

Serpent
06-23-2003, 11:08 PM
We could include them if it would make people happy. No need to be knife-ist.

joedoe
06-23-2003, 11:10 PM
I might change my name to joedoe bin laden :D

Serpent
06-23-2003, 11:12 PM
How about joedoe bargain-bin laden?

joedoe
06-23-2003, 11:25 PM
You saying I am cheap? Just call me the $2 man :D

Serpent
06-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Two buck Bin Laden?

joedoe
06-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Me love you long time :D

Serpent
06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Sucky-fukky-fi-dollaaaar!

SevenStar
06-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
You saying I am cheap? Just call me the $2 man :D

Better the 2 dollar man than the 2 minute man, right?

joedoe
06-23-2003, 11:51 PM
2 Minutes?!?!?!?! What I wouldn't give to last 2 minutes :D

rubthebuddha
06-24-2003, 12:04 AM
hm. thread about a miracle elixir, started by african tiger, and it has nothing to do with pot.

can't ****ing believe it. :D

Former castleva
06-24-2003, 09:04 AM
My quackery bells went off when I first saw the title of your post.

There has been some coral calcium hype I think,and it has been recognized as a...quackery.
You may have been cheated.

For some information,you may go to;
http://www.healthwatcher.net/Quackerywatch/Coral-Calcium/

As an additional note,if you´re getting a fair amount of calcium,you may be in for kidney issues if you supplement a lot.

David Jamieson
06-24-2003, 12:53 PM
the tuber in question is called "imo" (pronounced ee-mo)

Imo, a purple sweet potato, replaced rice in their Japanese-style diet because hurricanes often destroyed the rice crop. Imo is rich in brightly colored phytochemicals, and a more complex, slow-burning carbohydrate than rice.

Besides that, the okinawans are the longest lived population in the world, their diets are generally about 80% veg matter including this tuber and miso soup and copious amounts of tea.

The Okinawan ryus of empty hand fighting are superior in my opinion to those later styles of the Japanese mainland. But nowadays, it's all evening out.

My first lessons in Karate were in the Okinanwan style Isshinryu. Great stuff, a mix of Shorinryu and Gojuryu, very cma in flavour even at the beginner levels.

cheers

African Tiger
06-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey Gang.

No I'm ****ing regularly, and after the excess vitamin (yellow) flush, it's all clear. Well I drink nearly one gallon of water each day, so it's always pretty clear. So I'm not really worried about my kidneys at all.

But I'll say this, after nearly two weeks of taking coral calcium, my knee pain is completely gone. Even an old rotator cuff injury from the 80's has stopped bothering me. My leg and hip flexibility has gone way up as well.

So if this is quakery, then call me African Duck :D Worst thing you could do is try it, I guess.

Rub - I'm smoking a bowl right now! Hee hee hee hee hee

joedoe
06-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Whatever works for you, go for it. I have a similar approach to treatments for my asthma - I will try things to see how it goes.

Shaolin-Do
06-24-2003, 08:25 PM
"Rub - I'm smoking a bowl right now! Hee hee hee hee hee"

"I have a similar approach to treatments for my asthma"

:confused: :confused: :confused:

African Tiger
06-24-2003, 08:29 PM
I had asthema once...now I just get high. :p

rubthebuddha
06-24-2003, 09:52 PM
every time i hear that afroman song, i think of african tiger.

joedoe
06-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Then I got high, then I got high, then I got high :D

Serpent
06-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Oh, is that the song!? I always think of AT when I hear that song too! How bloody classic that it's by someone called Afroman! Life sure is funnier than fiction.

:D

joedoe
06-24-2003, 10:13 PM
It is amusing isn't it? I thought that song was funny about the first 10 times I heard it. Then when the radio stations played it for about the 500 millionth time it got a little boring.

Serpent
06-24-2003, 10:21 PM
True enough. Fortunately I haven't heard it for a while.

ZIM
06-25-2003, 08:50 AM
I'm a Green Conservative, so I say: "Keep the foreign legumes OUT!"