PDA

View Full Version : Body Piercings and Qigong

jgradisher
06-24-2003, 01:44 AM
Quick question, and this is not a troll, but I could see how it would be construed as one.

I was wondering if there is any hard and fast opinion about body piercings affecting Qigong/Neigong/TCC energy work. Or just any opinion.

Repulsive Monkey
06-24-2003, 02:06 AM
Well you can damage points and channels if you peirce onto them. So the flow of Qi can stagnate.

jgradisher
06-24-2003, 02:38 AM
If the piercings had been there years before doing any energy work, do you think the Qi would have "repaired" itself, or changed flow, like, say, a river.

Would there have to be special allowances made for this, maybe? Or would it be a question of losing the piercings in order to continue training correctly? I am only just beginning, so I don't even know if there are symptoms. Just curious, is all.

(Of course, if one is talking about combat stuff, piercings would be a practical no-no, anyway :eek: )

bodhitree
06-24-2003, 07:31 AM
A friend of mine always gets peircings right along his chalkras, he swears by it!! Personally I don't know!!

Repulsive Monkey
06-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Chakras are meant to be looked after and by creating tissue trauma and energy displacement through the peircing, one will deplete and upset the energy for each chakra that you displace. I don't mean it as a private or personal insult but your friend knows nothing about energetics if what he's doing he thinks is a productive and enhancing thing for his energy.
He cleary is misguided, and I suspect hooked up on some New Age idea if he thinks peircings ehance it all, he is totally doing the opposite to it.

Former castleva
06-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Starting from the conclusion that itīs all superstitious nonsense,and then denying it...
the story goes that scars and such along your energy channels may cause problems.Maybe,if we were to follow this wisdom,piercings could be bad.

ZIM
06-26-2003, 09:50 AM
And then there's the ultimate in body piercing... (http://www.trepan.com/) :o :eek:

Repulsive Monkey
06-27-2003, 03:14 AM
Did you know that all the peircings that Jesus received whilst on the cross relate to very significant acupuncture points!!?

Former castleva
06-27-2003, 06:33 AM
Does it matter?
Did they know?
Did Jesus really exist?
How do you know?
:)

Repulsive Monkey
06-27-2003, 02:51 PM
I really feel for mate, there really seems to be something missing in your life which some how manages to enternally eclipse what is probably the better side of your nature mate!!

You are probably the most negative and most cynical person on this website, and one who has little time for a short daliance with irony either.

Where does your suffering come from?

I think you need to take time out and see a genuine Reichian therapist or something, maybe some of that good ole 60's Primal Scream stuff or EST. I don't know what the walls of obstruction are in your life but you never seem to lighten up.
You churlishly persist with your ever negative stance, sorry your scientific stance. You do this so much so that when I put up a bit of ironic humour you only go and come out with a repressed outburst .

What gives??? Have you had a holiday yet this year!!????

Former castleva
06-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Maybe there is something missing but I did not mean to come off as agressive to you.