PDA

View Full Version : All Aussies BAK MEI dinner again.

fiercest tiger
06-24-2003, 04:31 AM
Anyone is welcome to this years dinner.....in 2 weeks time from this saturday. At parramatta chinese resturant tingha palace i think its called!

let me know if you want to come.

FT:)

jon
06-24-2003, 04:48 AM
fiercest tiger

Would that be 'anyone' Bak Mei related or 'anyone' including whimpy internal push hand freaks?

fiercest tiger
06-24-2003, 04:56 AM
Yes matey, anyone even you!;)

Hope to see you again and maybe joe doe, YUMMY, SUI FUW and the KFO crew?

chat soon mate
FT

TAO YIN
06-24-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm so jealous right now I cant see straight because you guys are going to get to eat that baked icecream (awwwwwghhhh)...hahaha just kidding..

eat lots for me and please give my respects to all involved. Hope you guys have an enjoyable meal and time.

hopefully ill make it next year, don't know if i can wait that long to eat at Tingha though....

my respects

Kyle

lungyuil
06-24-2003, 11:37 PM
TAO YIN,

Dude where have you been? i've been trying to email you. how is everything going. email me.

This time i ain't missing this dinner. Chicken feet here i come!

joedoe
06-24-2003, 11:40 PM
So that is July 12? Dinner or lunch? I will see if I can make it. :)

fiercest tiger
06-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi Mate,

YES the 12 of july! Dinner at the tingha palace parramatta.

Sifu Andy Troung and myself will be there regardless to chat and eat and catch up. No big deal just dinner and get together mostly to say hi etc.

Let me know buddy

FT:)

atari
06-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Is this the sifu Andy Truong that has the Wah Nam website? If it is then it occured to me that I might know his sifu, Chau Phu way back when I was in the import business in Sydney. I used to supply asian groceries to Chau sifu's shop in Bankstown. I also gathered from your web site that your sifu is Leung Cheung. I also met your sifu once through Chau sifu. I am from a Chu Gar background myself but did learn a little Bak Mei as well.

Can you relate to sifu Chau through Andy that "Kiu Chai" (my nick name) said "hi". Might pay him a visit if I go to Sydney again, is he still in Sydney??

Anyway, have fun in your bak mei dinner.

atari
06-26-2003, 03:21 AM
I see in your profile that you are a Wu Chu practitioner from Sydney. Is your teacher a Mr Chee from Malaysia??

joedoe
06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by atari
I see in your profile that you are a Wu Chu practitioner from Sydney. Is your teacher a Mr Chee from Malaysia??

Indeed it is. Have you met him?

FT: Can't make it - family commitments. Sorry man. It would have been good to hook up.

atari
06-26-2003, 09:16 PM
joedoe: Actually I know your teacher's father, Chee Kim Tong. But I know that Chee Kim Tong has a son teaching in Sydney. Chee Kim Tong is one of the most talented martial artist I have ever met.

joedoe
06-26-2003, 10:53 PM
joedoe: Actually I know your teacher's father, Chee Kim Tong. But I know that Chee Kim Tong has a son teaching in Sydney. Chee Kim Tong is one of the most talented martial artist I have ever met.

OK. Yes, his son Chee Boon Seng (James) has been my teacher for the last 16 years. I was wondering if I know you? If you don't want to reveal who you are then PM me.

Indeed, Chee Kim Thong was an amazing man. His passing was a huge loss to the martial arts community.

atari
06-27-2003, 08:40 AM
joedoe, I don't think I know you as I did not have the chance of meeting James during my short stay in Sydney back in the mid to late 80s. I live in Malaysia now but do frequent to Perth often, have some family there. My surname is Pang if it means anything to you.

You are lucky to be trained under James for so long. I am sure James would have picked up many of the skills of Chee Kim Tong which he has passed to you. Now I have met many Ngo Chor practitioners in my home country in Indonesia, also some from Singapore and also from Fujian, China. But I think none can compare with Chee's knowledge and ability. Have you met Chee Kim Tong?? Even better have you crossed hands with him?.....will be hard to come across a guy like him again *sighs*

Sorry to the bakmei guys for using your thread to discuss Ngo Chor. However both arts have a certain common root as both uses the basic power generation concepts of swallow, spit, float and sink.

Shaolin Master
06-29-2003, 01:56 AM
May everyone have fun at the dinner!

Regards

joedoe
06-29-2003, 04:43 PM
joedoe, I don't think I know you as I did not have the chance of meeting James during my short stay in Sydney back in the mid to late 80s. I live in Malaysia now but do frequent to Perth often, have some family there. My surname is Pang if it means anything to you.

You are lucky to be trained under James for so long. I am sure James would have picked up many of the skills of Chee Kim Tong which he has passed to you. Now I have met many Ngo Chor practitioners in my home country in Indonesia, also some from Singapore and also from Fujian, China. But I think none can compare with Chee's knowledge and ability. Have you met Chee Kim Tong?? Even better have you crossed hands with him?.....will be hard to come across a guy like him again *sighs*

Sorry to the bakmei guys for using your thread to discuss Ngo Chor. However both arts have a certain common root as both uses the basic power generation concepts of swallow, spit, float and sink.

I will see if anyone knows you - there are quite a few disciples of Chee Kim Thong living in Australia.

All of James' students understand how lucky we are to have him as a teacher, me most of all :). His skill is outstanding and yes, he appears to have received a lot of the skills of his father.

I was a (very junior) disciple of Chee Kim Thong before he died, and as such had the honour of training under him whenever he visited (or if I was in KL), and was lucky enough to have touched hands with him several times. It is difficult to describe how helpless he can make you feel :)

Anyway, if you ever happen to be in Sydney let me know and maybe we can try to hook up.

Sui
06-30-2003, 03:13 AM
"All of James' students understand how lucky we are to have him as a teacher, me most of all . His skill is outstanding and yes, he appears to have received a lot of the skills of his father."

father and sons eh?it can't realy be pak mei.if the father teaches the son then the father will be-head the son.examples of the tiger,solitude.he returns to execute any tiger for his forest,even the little ones as a lesson of survival.
james is either a bast*rd or of different hand.princepal.

sui

joedoe
06-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Sui
"All of James' students understand how lucky we are to have him as a teacher, me most of all . His skill is outstanding and yes, he appears to have received a lot of the skills of his father."

father and sons eh?it can't realy be pak mei.if the father teaches the son then the father will be-head the son.examples of the tiger,solitude.he returns to execute any tiger for his forest,even the little ones as a lesson of survival.
james is either a bast*rd or of different hand.princepal.

sui

Nope, not Pak Mei. 5 Ancestors.

Sui
06-30-2003, 06:02 PM
thanks joe for the clarify.i see clearly that you have no idea being far behind the pak mei system.

joedoe
06-30-2003, 06:28 PM
Well, thanks for enlightening me then :)

atari
06-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Sui,
I suppose Chong Bing Lim has the true principle of pakmi as Chong Li Chun was not able to behead him, it must have been the other way round. So was Chong Bing Sim or Chong Bing Fat beheaded by Chong Li Chun?? Wasn't there another son as well???

Pakmi very strong style indeed, only the strong survive.

Sui
07-01-2003, 03:12 AM
no they wern't and there are 4.but then we could argue all day who taught them?

Yum Cha
07-07-2003, 01:19 AM
See you there guys, 7:30, upstairs.