PDA

View Full Version : Can a Shaolin really do that?

Tien Long
07-07-2000, 04:36 AM
I was reading this thing in a magazine, on how a Shaolin monk could actually hang themselves for 30 mins., ram themselves with trees wielded by ten men, and withstand sword shots to the gut. Is this actually possible? I asked my dad about it, and he said that it was in fact an example of the strict training that these men put themselves through. Is my old man making this all up?

"Watch the skies, the DRAGON flies!"

Paul Skrypichayko
07-07-2000, 04:41 AM
Those are some of the basic skills and training of shaolin kung fu. Some of it can be faked, but you can also find real masters who can perform those things for real.

Heming
07-08-2000, 01:14 AM
I saw it with my own eyes...

but I feel it is not a show but just a way to practise...it is not to amuse people anyway...

------------------
Heming
Shaolin Secular Disciple's Union,
Shaolin Temple, Mt.Song, Henan 452491, P.R.China
Tel: +86(371)2749172
Fax: +1(212)98143
ICQ#: 17145752
Email: heming@shaolintemple.zzn.com
http://www.topcities.com/Arts/heming/index.htm
http://shaolintemple.yeah.net

laughing tiger
07-08-2000, 03:02 AM
I agree with both Paul and Hemming.

Water Dragon
07-08-2000, 07:55 AM
I can blow out a candle with my Chi. I can blow a candle out with my Chi. From 20 feet away too.

It's a trick man. physics and sleight of hand.

Actually I can do the candle thing. Tripped out a bunch of people too. It IS a trick.

------------------
Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

Wongsifu
07-09-2000, 01:56 PM
Hey tiger I can fo the candle thing from half a foot away /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif lol whats the trick to it !!!?????

laughing tiger
07-09-2000, 02:03 PM
ok, ok! LOL :-)

JWTAYLOR
07-09-2000, 08:27 PM
I've heard many people say they've seen these things. Some I buy, some I don't.
The hanging thing, if done carefully, I buy. Simple neck strength. All of the tree pounding stuff I buy. It's one of the very few things I've seen for myself. I've actually slammed a sledge hammer into an instructor's solar plexus myself.
But the sword thing I still say is total bull****. I will continue to beleive this until I pick the sword and I do the thrust. Untill then, well,
in the words of Ed Parker "to hear is to doubt, to see is to be deceived, but the feel is to believe."

JWT

3BladesFighter
07-09-2000, 11:34 PM
I was a Monk in the Shaolin Temple when I was four. I am 12 now, and most people don't believe me. I Forgive you if you do not either. Now I am in New Jersey. Once I saw my Master, Jun Bo, do the Spiritual Hanging Practice. Yes, they can do that, it is possible. I have seen it with MY own eyes. Bless you all.

------------------
Fullness is achieved only when one has truly earned it