PDA

View Full Version : Tcm

bodhitree
06-25-2003, 07:20 AM
hey this is the kung fu training and health, doesnt most of that training come from TCM! Use the TCM forum and find the real ways to health!

Former castleva
06-25-2003, 01:22 PM
What are you saying?

What do you mean by most of the training coming from TCM?

What do you mean by "real"?

:)

Kempo Guy
06-25-2003, 05:53 PM
Why does it have to come from TCM?
Many KF practitioners are athletes who train like one... meaning using modern methods of conditioning.

KG

Serpent
06-25-2003, 09:12 PM
There's a hell of a big difference between training and medicine!

bodhitree
06-26-2003, 05:56 AM
FC, KG, and Serpent
many people nowadays train like any other athlete. The people who developed these arts depended on TCM, even other asian medical traditions were heavily influanced by TCM. I say its real because it works on the body healing itself! Wester or modern medicine does 2 things, cut it out of the body, or give drugs. In my opinion these only lead to more problems, which is unnecessary when the human body is quite capable of using its own chemistry to heal!

Former castleva
06-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Bodhi,
I´m saying this as a buddy of yours;
It is unfortunate that you have subscribed to this too,in such a manner as this.

bodhitree
06-26-2003, 06:08 AM
I think the truth applies the other way around, and I feel bad for all who have to suffer because of it!

ZIM
06-26-2003, 06:32 AM
1. At least bodhitree has an interest in health. Hes not sitting around playing video games & clogging his arteries [and if he is, he won't be if he follows the advice].

2. He said 'health', not 'cure for cancer'. If bodhitree were saying Western Allopathy should be thrown out, I'd have no problem making fun of him, either. As it is, I don't think thats what hes saying.

3. It IS part of of Kung Fu, like it or lump it.

TonyM.
06-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Ya just had to hit the hornets nest didn't ya.

bodhitree
06-26-2003, 07:47 AM
All ancient schools of medicine 1 goal "to help peoples' suffering end" Modern medicine goals "prolong life nomatter what"

I would go for surgery if I had cancer yeah, however my beleif is that there is a solution to everything inside of the human body itself. Yeah if I'm in pain, I can take narcotic pain medication, damage my liver, and possibly become addicted OR I could see an accupuncturest and receive treatment. The drugs and the accupunct. both do the same thing, release endorphines, its just the accu. doesnt have the negative side affects. As far as prolonging life no matter what, humans are meant to die, just like any other animal, every species heart eventually stops pumping, there is a time for it. There are answers inside the human body.
This winter I did not get sick once, even people who got flu shots did, I was exposed, but my immune system was boosted by qigong ect. Heping

ZIM
06-26-2003, 08:06 AM
Ya just had to hit the hornets nest didn't ya. Hornet's Nest Palm is my speciality! :D

ElPietro
06-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by bodhitree
hey this is the kung fu training and health, doesnt most of that training come from TCM! Use the TCM forum and find the real ways to health!

Last I checked, training and medicine were two entirely distinct entities. I'm not even sure what your point is...

Kempo Guy
06-26-2003, 09:53 AM
I think the best way to think of it is this:
Western Medicine - acute medicine
TCM - preventative medicine

I also believe that TCM is part of CMA, and have been taught Qi-Gong and some Tui Na as part of my training.

However, there's also the Nei-Gong component which would equate to 'calisthenics'...

Also don't forget the circumstances of the old-time practitioners. They did manual labor everyday, which is not the case with a lot of current practitioners. Hence we need to supplement with conditioning exercises (such as weights, calisthenics etc).
Not to mention the actual conditioning exercises using implements (which would equate modern day weights) that were used by various teachers/styles, this includes weapons training.

KG

bodhitree
06-30-2003, 05:28 AM
KG
good point, The TCM forum needs help though!