PDA

View Full Version : More shameless self-promotion!

Merryprankster
06-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Hello!

We rapidly exhausted bandwidth, so Ap was kind enough to look into getting a domain. We've put some new footage up. What that really means is that Ap put some new footage up.

I will warn you that the new downloads are:

1. Kinda Long, except for one.
2. Probably kinda boring unless you're a bit familiar with what you are seeing.
3. From about 2 and a half years ago. I look back on them and laaaaaaaaaauuuuuugh. SO many missed opportunities.
4. From about 20 lbs ago, LOL!

Anyhoo, here--enjoy!

http://66.175.39.41/adharma/adharma_ma.htm

Eventually, the site will have a name. But right now, just use this link.

Water Dragon
06-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster

Eventually, the site will have a name.

I vote for the Merryground

Robinf
06-25-2003, 10:15 AM
I vote for the Merryground

LOL. I second that vote.

Merryprankster
06-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Ah, no, it's Ap's site. Adharma it is. :)

Waterdragon will appreciate what I think he calls "head mopping."

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, at the rate we're going, Merry is going to warrant his own section entirely. In which case, I think the Merryground is brilliant.

As soon as I uncover my videotapes, I'll post some video of me getting pummeled in a WEKAF tournament.

Black Jack
06-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Is it just going to be MMA stuff?

Ap has a filipino background what about some of those goodies brought to the page.

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Nope. It's not intended to be just MMA. But MP has mastered his new digital camcorder. Whereas I'm still sitting in the corner bashing mine with a stick and marveling at that odd looking monolith in the middle of the room.

Hadn't really intended on making it "The MP and ap Show" either, really. Thought I might hit up other people as well.

But clearly, it's a work (even idea) in progress. :)

Stuart B.

dezhen2001
06-25-2003, 12:30 PM
not in to the MMA thingy but just wanted to say congrats and good luck with the site guys - looks good! :)

dawood

Black Jack
06-25-2003, 12:34 PM
As long as you two jokers are not dressing each other up like ponies and wrestling for symbolic carrots its all good info.:D

Who would want to see that video....Jesus that gives me nightmares.

dezhen2001
06-25-2003, 12:41 PM
that is a VERY scary thought LOL

dawood

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 12:46 PM
First, I laughed out loud. Then, I got a bit ill. Then I vomited into my shirt pocket. Finally, I went back to laughing.

norther practitioner
06-25-2003, 12:58 PM
First, I laughed out loud. Then, I got a bit ill. Then I vomited into my shirt pocket. Finally, I went back to laughing.

lol, that is the funniest thing I've read this week...:D

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner

lol, that is the funniest thing I've read this week...:D

I'll be here all week. :)

rubthebuddha
06-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Black Jack
As long as you two jokers are not dressing each other up like ponies and wrestling for symbolic carrots its all good info.:D

Who would want to see that video....Jesus that gives me nightmares.
actually, BJ, it's worse than you thought (http://pixyland.org/peterpan/photo_closeups_pp1.htm).

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha

actually, BJ, it's worse than you thought (http://pixyland.org/peterpan/photo_closeups_pp1.htm).

Sadly, RTB, I don't even have to click on that link to know what it holds. The images from that site have already been irrevocably burned onto my brain.

dezhen2001
06-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Oh dear God! THAT was a scary bowl cut! :D

dawood

Black Jack
06-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks a lot rubabudda.......eeee-gaddds man.

rubthebuddha
06-25-2003, 01:46 PM
apologies to stuart, BJ and dezhers. :o

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 02:18 PM
No need to apologize RTB. I was scarred by Little Lord Fauntleroy long before this post.

:)

rubthebuddha
06-25-2003, 02:25 PM
fair enough.

it's sad that every time my girlfriend wants to shock someone, she asks me for that website.

what's good is that i don't have it saved anywhere.

what's sad is that all i do is go to yahoo and search for three words:

gay peter pan

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 02:27 PM
LOL

norther practitioner
06-25-2003, 02:28 PM
I'll be here all week.
As opposed to the last few years....lol

**** you rtb... that was not needed, I just ate lunch

apoweyn
06-25-2003, 02:38 PM
As opposed to the last few years....lol

LOL

I was thinking, as I hit submit, "well, yeah, I will be here all week; and next week; and... "

Merryprankster
06-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Christ. I send Ap self-aggrandizing video clips, where you can all tell me how I have no root and no chi and we get peter pan pictures? That the BEST you guys can do? Puh-leeze.

LOL!

Nah, I want to talk somebody into taping Shaolintiger and I and probably Ap one of these days training at the NIH Judo club.

rogue
06-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Ap, you really have to go full MerryPrankster fanboy, rename the site "Stuarts Merryprankster Tribute Page". Don't forget to list every personel detail and little known facts about MP.:p

Good stuff guys.

Serpent
06-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by apoweyn
Nope. It's not intended to be just MMA. But MP has mastered his new digital camcorder. Whereas I'm still sitting in the corner bashing mine with a stick and marveling at that odd looking monolith in the middle of the room.

LOL. :D

I'm so glad that it's not just me!

Merryprankster
06-26-2003, 02:35 AM
Ap, you really have to go full MerryPrankster fanboy, rename the site "Stuarts Merryprankster Tribute Page". Don't forget to list every personel detail and little known facts about MP.

Rogue, ew. Just stalker, wierdness, ew.

Ap, thanks for making all this possible.

LOL with the Peter Pan guy.

As you all know, I work in a classified environment. I used that picture and photoshopped in Pink letters saying "This document is classified GAY."

Got a lot of laughs before I had to take it down :D

Oso
06-26-2003, 03:40 AM
ok, you don't have any root but I think I saw you squeak a little chi out in one of those matches ;)

good stuff, thanks for offering it up.

I think you shoulda shucked the one dude in the running shorts though...the fight woulda been over quicker.:D

were you 20 lbs. heavier or lighter then?

Merryprankster
06-26-2003, 03:49 AM
I was actually at 176, so I was about 14 lbs lighter than I am right now. I don't think I've been 196 for three years.

So, really, 14 pounds ago, I guess.

Ap, when are you getting those videos of the stickfighting so's we can put it up?

Oso
06-26-2003, 05:56 AM
cool, I called you at 175 in those vids. just wanted to see if I could still call it close.

Are you DC guys doing any training over the weekend of the 4th?

I'm going to finally be in Richmond from friday to sunday.

apoweyn
06-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by rogue
Ap, you really have to go full MerryPrankster fanboy, rename the site "Stuarts Merryprankster Tribute Page". Don't forget to list every personel detail and little known facts about MP.:p

Good stuff guys.

I'm working on some Corey Haim-style pullout posters as we speak.

apoweyn
06-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Serpent

LOL. :D

I'm so glad that it's not just me!

Definitely not just you. I mean, sure, there's a book of "instructions." But who reads?!!

Stuart B.

apoweyn
06-26-2003, 08:21 AM
MP,

Ap, when are you getting those videos of the stickfighting so's we can put it up?

Two things have to happen first: 1) Me and the Mrs. have to go out to Leesburg to visit the inlaws ('cause I ain't going out there alone) and 2) I have to sort through all my worldly possessions in their basement.

I figure we'll probably make the trip shortly after she gets home from her roadtrip.

The "highlight" won't be the eskrima sparring tips though. I wasn't a great fighter, frankly. The highlight will be footage from a local access cable show in which I played Thug #1 and I had to attack a "defenseless" dude in a wheelchair.

Hilarity ensues.

Stuart B.

apoweyn
06-26-2003, 08:23 AM
Oso,

Are you DC guys doing any training over the weekend of the 4th?

I'm going to finally be in Richmond from friday to sunday.

Haven't planned that far ahead, frankly.

You come out to Richmond a lot? My family's down there. If you do, I should plan to meet you there sometime. Whaddya say?

Stuart B.

rubthebuddha
06-26-2003, 08:53 AM
gotta give props to merry for that no-gi match with the non-goatee dude. there was some baaaaaaaaad camera anglin, and merry had the presence of mind to know that the angle needed to change but the camera was stationary, and just moved his opponent so we could see in piece again. :D

Oso
06-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Ap, my brother is in Richmond. I used to get up there more often but since I moved 2 years ago it's not as often.

so, I'll be there the 4th, 5th & 6th with no big plans but picking up an antique liquor cabinet from my mom's. i can surely drive up, don't know of anyplace but some parks down there, or maybe the James River ! I used to rock hop down there as a kid.

so, drop me a pm or email when you have an idea of what you are doing.

mmelton@ashevillemartialarts.com

i'll pack my sticks, I haven't played with them in a while, my knuckles are pretty much normal again.:)

dezhen2001
06-26-2003, 10:28 AM
The highlight will be footage from a local access cable show in which I played Thug #1 and I had to attack a "defenseless" dude in a wheelchair. wasnt that the HKV vs. Ego/Goktimus match? :D

dawood

rogue
06-26-2003, 11:00 AM
I used to rock hop down there as a kid. Don't do that now Oso, the rains have made it very dangerous. You going to be on the Southside?

Oso
06-26-2003, 12:24 PM
rogue,
yea, my brother told me the James was hel la big.

I thought about taking my boat but I'm not that much into adrenaline...or dieing.

I'll be staying over on the far west end of Grove. But, I'll drive over to the south side...we'll actually be coming in on 95 from de south but i'm thinking about making the run late thur night after classes.

I'll drop you a pm.