PDA

View Full Version : red dragon in buffalo

baldmantiz
06-26-2003, 04:38 AM
does anyone have any information on a hun gar school in buffalo, ny called the red dragon....i tried going to their website but its down and im not sure about location or a phone number....i dont find it listed on yahoo's yellow pages....any background information is appreciated

ZIM
06-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Where did you hear about them?

I lived in bflo for a little while, though I did not take KF there [not much KF in bflo to begin with anyhow]. I do know that there was a number of fraudulent schools in bflo earlier on, and I think the situation is improving slowly.

Mostly a lot of hung gar in bflo, some taijiquan. And a lot of TKD, karate. I've never heard of red dragon, but there is a HG school in amherst, another in the southtowns, I believe. Both have decent reps.

baldmantiz
06-26-2003, 11:58 AM
i went to look for ads/business cards at pachillos...its an exercise/martial arts store....i saw one of their flyers....i will have to go back and get the phone number and check them out....yea the kung fu situation in buffalo is somewhat grim....i used to studay 8 step mantis here....i may get into tai chi as well....there is a phenominal teacher that i know about

ZIM
06-26-2003, 12:17 PM
I don't think Pachillo's ever changes their info. :( Good deli's and bakeries nearby, though! I used to live right near there. :) If you know a good taijiquan teacher, take that if you want to. KF is really hard to find around there.

Do you have a car? How far are you willing to go, time-wise, I mean?

Kaith Rustaz
09-19-2003, 05:55 PM
If you're refering to the Red Dragon school in the McKinley Mall in Hamburg, they seem to be good folks. I've stopped out there a couple of times and watched some classes, and the instructor was very friendly. They're still going through some issues regarding their web site though.

(716) 822-0222 is their number, Sifu Robert Gott.

Kaith Rustaz
09-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Ah, also, there is Mandarin Kung Fu, Sifu Norman Mandarino which is taught at Marydale Comm. Ctr on Mondays. Info 716-635-4666

:)

Rolling_Hand
09-28-2003, 12:36 PM
<<does anyone have any information on a hun gar school in buffalo, ny called the red dragon...>>

Are the red dragon and the Green dragon related to each other?
I once fought a guy named Tim who was from the Green dragon school in NY.

Just curious!

baldmantiz
10-08-2003, 06:41 AM
i did stop in the mandarin kung fu school but i found it odd how they were referrring some of the things in the chinese system by japanese names

Kaith Rustaz
10-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Hmm... The couple of folks I spoke to seemed ok, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the style. I believe Mr. Mandarino has been teaching for quite a while though. Are you sure you heard em right? Sadly, I can't tell the difference myself.

baldmantiz
10-14-2003, 07:29 AM
i am quite sure i heard kata....though it is just me being anal...he seemed to run the classes well and everything that i have read about him indicates he knows a great deal.....i may go back to him after i check out red dragon or the plum blossom school in hamburg

TenTigers
10-29-2003, 06:48 PM
There was a guy named Ting Fong-Wong who taught Toy-Ga. If you can find his school, he passed away, but his students still teach, go there. period. real gung-fu.

baldmantiz
11-14-2003, 06:26 AM
i believe mandarino was a student of ting fong wong

Hermes3X
12-01-2003, 03:48 PM
I''d like to share a little of the information that I know regarding Wong Ting Fong and his school. I am a student of one of Wong's students, Jeff Lang, in South Florida.
The style as brought from China by Wong is quite impressive, and Norm Mandarino as I understand it is a good sifu.
If you have the option of studying at Mandarin Kung Fu school, do it.
hermes trimegistus