PDA

View Full Version : Bridging The Gap

S.Teebas
06-26-2003, 02:56 PM
What’s your method? Simply make contact with your legs then arms?
Do you have favourite ways to bridge the gap? Some common ones are low heel kick to the knee, then some type of arm contact followed by striking. Or another one I can think of is kick the groin followed by arms attacking etc.

Anyone have any good ideas, or successfully ways to enter into your opponent? Wait till he comes to you? Or favourite techniques? ;) Or maybe do you feel confident enough to read his structure then just smash through his weak spots?

Do you always try to initiate contact with legs, or do you prefer to use arms mainly then bring legs in later?

TjD
06-26-2003, 03:35 PM
in chi sau, if you have a free hand do you waive it around and try to bridge their hands? no, you strike!

i like coming in with a strike. if theres something in the way hooray i've bridged. if theres nothing in the way i'm well on my way to giving a pounding. i like to get in close enough so i can check their legs with mine and kicking isn't very effective. basically coming in with both the hands and the legs simultaneously.

i also like stepping to the outside then coming back in - a straighter version of some of the dummy steps. i've broken a rib or two entering with the palm strike in our first section of the dummy. (the part where you shift and bong sau, step forward then circle step inward, bong becomes tan, and the outside hand does a palm strike).

i just keep the non striking hand in wu sau until something gets in its way. this step really makes the outside hand difficult to see coming (or to do anything about it); not to mention the strike packs a whallop.

also, the sections of the knife form i know work **** well. each section shows a **** good application and entry technique IMHO.

Ernie
06-26-2003, 04:05 PM
broken rythem,
move in a way that causes him to re adjust or stall , when he does enter at will, tooling doesn't mater

EnterTheWhip
06-27-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by TjD
also, the sections of the knife form i know work **** well. each section shows a **** good application and entry technique IMHO. Nothing should be humble about that opinion...

No_Know
06-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Merely be there. They'll come to you. If they don't, then no fight. Not bad.