PDA

View Full Version : Meditative&non-martial arts?

Former castleva
06-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Doing any?
How do they influence your training?

chen zhen
06-28-2003, 01:21 PM
I do some Zazen once in a while. Since I have'nt learned it properly, it has'nt helped me with anything, really. Kinda sad.

bodhitree
06-30-2003, 06:00 AM
if you really practice any school of meditation, it is NOT just to help martial training, it is to help with overall life. I do practice different schools of meditation and my perceptions and reactions to life keep improving. Getting mind out of the way, the mind does nothing but distort what is with baises. Learning to stay in the present, very difficult, but the true way to appreciate life. Does it help training, Yes, but if thats all you focus on, you,ll miss the whole picture. Meditation is to be carried into life, not just in "seated zazen", all the sitting in a posture in the world will not do anything unless we truely seek clairity and change in perceptions. Yoga means unity, people think its a stretching exercise or a way to lose weight or reduce stress or whatever, but if it doesnt change your nature, you are no Yogi.

Kristoffer
06-30-2003, 12:08 PM
My meditation is when I shower in the mornings.Who the **** needs yoga

Former castleva
06-30-2003, 01:02 PM
lol @ Kris.I do know what you mean,thatīs the kind of meditation to fancy. ;)

And thanks for On-Topic responses for sure.

Kempo Guy
06-30-2003, 10:19 PM
I do Qi Gong every morning along with some other exercises (Zdorovye and "five Tibetan rites").

The Qi Gong helps me settle my mind (by focusing on breath) and actually helps with my sparring. I also occasionally do Zazen at a Buddhist Church which has furthered my understanding of meditation (Qi Gong).

The Zdorovye and Five Tibetan Rites enhances my meditation practice as it works on 'dynamic relaxation', integration of movement and breath and also works as kinetic chains which stimulates your neuromuscular funtions.

KG