PDA

View Full Version : Lets Try To Start Some Kung Fu Topics.

Shuul Vis
06-28-2003, 10:56 PM
You guys are all great. Lets try to bring the focus back to what we all have in common...kung fu! Just throw out some topics, even if you dont think they are all that enthralling. Just put something out there to get us worked up about martial arts topics.

SevenStar
06-29-2003, 12:30 AM
We don't all have kung fu in common... we do all have training in common though (or at least we should) - What are some of your preferred training methods?

What do you hope to achieve through MA training?

SanSoo Student
06-29-2003, 12:40 AM
I hope to achieve balance, technique, and confidence through MA training.
And my training regimen usually consists of..
1-2 miles running
3-4 (3 minute) rounds of bag work
30-1.5 hours of forms/weapons practice
1-2 hours of sparring
30 min-1 hour jump roping or stance training

I only really power lift on the weekends, becuase I have a job, and when I train I usually use ankle or wrist weights.

I've been using weights for about 6 months now, and it really builds tone and hypertrophy muscle...its a long process though because you have to increase in 1/4 pound increments. Im up to 6 pounds in my arms, and 5 pounds for my legs.

My training is mixed between kung fu sansoo and muay thai.

dezhen2001
06-29-2003, 05:40 AM
basically i just train my qigong. The hardest exercises for me to do are head training which involves balancing against a wall on my head and also back training which is basically throwing myself with force against a wall, hitting with my back.

Not exactly *preferred* training methods - as my preferred method would be to sleep :) But they DO get results which is all im looking for.

what do i hope to achieve thru training? To stay healthy and learn a skill.

dawood

Royal Dragon
06-29-2003, 06:39 AM
So your saying topics on the wacky E-mails I seem to always get ain't doin it for you?

dezhen2001
06-29-2003, 06:56 AM
well if you could *prove* the link between CMD and your wacky emails it *could* be MA related :D

dawood

Royal Dragon
06-29-2003, 07:02 AM
LOL!!!