PDA

View Full Version : routines

LionDancer
06-28-2003, 11:46 PM
what are some of the most difficult routines that some groups have performed?

Pakmei
07-04-2003, 03:30 AM
Putting aside the various competitions routines that a lot of lion dancers perform.

A lot of the time it does seem to depend on the propriorter and what sort of greens he/she puts out for the lion.

Generally it's really up to the lion dancer on how difficult / interesting they want to make it. But then I have had some restaurant owners fix the greens flush to the ceiling of the restaurant... or place the greens in the most awkward of places.

Most of the routines are physically demanding on lion dancers, then it basically comes down to experience, fitness, etc.

LionDancer
07-06-2003, 12:40 PM
thats a first I've heard of trhe greens fixed to the ceiling.... do you mean without any string attached?

Pakmei
07-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Basically the greens were tied to the light fittings, flush to the ceiling.

Only problem was once I had managed to get on my partners shoulders and get the greens into the lions mouth, the whole light fitting fell to the floor and smashed... much to the delight of the customers!

Mind you the restautrant owners didn't seem to mind.

LionDancer
07-08-2003, 08:57 PM
:) That must have been a sight to see! Here's one for you......

Lau
07-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Dave,

I heard that there is going to be a lion dance tournament in the UK in August. There will be separate competitions for modern and traditional. I was told that it was going to be in Newcastle or something like that. But I also heard it was on a tuesday. So I don't know if I can make it (work......)

Do you know more about this tournament? Will you be there?

Regards, Lau

Pakmei
07-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Lau,

I've heard pretty thesame thing. However one of the organisers to this event is studying at the same college as me.

So I will find out some more details in regards to the comp, it's location and dates!

Sounds a bit stupid to hold a competition on a Tuesday to me, as most people will have other committments... like work, family, etc.

To be honest, it'll most likely be on a weekend.

I'll let you know.

Dave

webbb82
07-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Hi Dave,

Do you study at LCTA?

J.

Pakmei
07-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Yes i do study at LCTA? Do you?

webbb82
07-11-2003, 01:24 AM
Hi Dave,

No I don't but I'd like to hear of your experiences there sometime.

Regards,

J.

Pakmei
07-11-2003, 01:30 AM
You thinking of studying there in the future then?

webbb82
07-11-2003, 01:44 AM
No........I've done my training thanks!

J

Pakmei
07-11-2003, 01:48 AM
OK cool.

You study Acupuncture or Herbs. when did you graduate m8?

I'm currently finishing off my Tui Na diploma adn entering into my 3rd yr in the Acupuncture clinic.

Personally I can't wait for this year to be over.

What style of Martial art do you practice, if at all you do practice Matrial Arts?

webbb82
07-11-2003, 02:01 AM
Hi Dave,

May I have you e-mail address, so that I can contact you off here?

J

Pakmei
07-11-2003, 03:12 AM
I have sent you a private mail with my email address.

brothernumber9
07-11-2003, 01:38 PM
The most difficult routine I ever had to do involved a trick on two saw horses. The head (me) and the tail stand on the saw horses as if on tandem ski's, The head ducks down and coils the head to one side sliding it off of the back (but still under the tail), the tail then does a head flip off of the head's back forward and onto the floor, the head during the movement does a some what of a forward roll/kip up from the saw horse off of the tail's back and onto the floor so that it looks as if the lion does a tail first flip off of the saw horses onto the ground. There's alot more tricks before and after that but that was the most difficult trick I think I've ever done in terms of eye candy. (many headaches from falling onto concrete floor covered only by industrial carpet during practices). I only had to do it twice in demonstrations.

LionDancer
07-22-2003, 09:56 PM
That's very kool!

Lau
07-29-2003, 02:05 AM
Ls,

Here is more info on the tournament in the UK I mentioned. It is held on Tuesday August 26. Since it is held on a weekday I won't be able to make it. Here is the website:

---> WWW.LIONDANCE.ORG.UK

Regards, Lau