PDA

View Full Version : The coolest video game in motherf*cking history!

chen zhen
06-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Go to this link & click on the disc-icon to download.
http://www.virtualdreams.fr/VDForum/viewtopic.php?t=738&start=0

How can a videogame have that fantastic graphics & realistic gameplay?
My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw it.:eek:

StickyHands
06-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Ya agreed, it seems like Hideo Kojima is always taking the next MGS gameplay into an entire indomitable level. He's redefining the power of PS2 and how realistic games can be. And every time he does, he makes the previous series of MGS look like atari.

SPOILERS: Close your eyes and not read this if you dont wanna know. But according to Kojima, this game takes place in the 60s, and the new (Solid Snake-looking) protagonist has a scar or one disfunction eye. And to the fans who's following the entire profound story, that can mean only one thing.

chen zhen
06-29-2003, 12:15 PM
I know who it is. He pointed that out himself. *coughbigbosscough*
;) I'm quite into that series.

It just looks unelievable how realistic a game can be. Wow.

StickyHands
06-29-2003, 12:31 PM
Dude, thanks a lot, u ruined it for the amateurs. Tut tut... lol. The MGS series, in my opinion, the best games to have an superb epic storyline, intellectual concepts, philosophical anthrology, morality, and overall kick ass game play to be ever conceived.

chen zhen
06-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Yes, totally true. Maybe u even miss something..:D

Storyline-wise, I liked the first one best.(also sentimentally;))
second: graphics, gameplay. Storyline not *quiiite* as good. But fantastic.

I have high expectations with the 3rd.

U know they are remaking the first one with ps2-graphics*..?

What a coincidence, I just put some Snake quotes in my sig..;)

*Gamecube exclusive:mad::eek:

StickyHands
06-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Ya I also like the first story better. Let just say the whole Patriot thing or playing Raiden wasn't my cup of tea. Ya I Know they are remaking the first one, but isnt for the gamecube, they are calling it twin snakes right? But my favorite quotes would be what Naomi said in the end "we mustnt be ruled by our genes" and what Snake said something like "I've always lived for myself, only in battlefield I felt truly alive, but now.... it's a new begining, and Ill start living for someone else, and.... I dunno Ill figure out the rest when I get there." I like that quote, especially coming from him, lol. Man I thought Snake Eater was coming out this year.... it's 2004! I like the little reference that they made on Grand Theft Auto, lol. What I dont get is why is the game still calling him Snake?

chen zhen
06-30-2003, 04:18 AM
What I dont get is why is the game still calling him Snake?

We may find out when it's time.;)
It may be a codename they (military) gave him, & then he was inspired to use it when he founded the FOX-HOUND. That's my theory.

I like the firefights, they both look & sound realistically. and how you can use the environment to your advantage (bee-hide).
Also the new tree-climbing skill, and the knifework.
There will also be network/broadband capabilities, but Kojima-san would'nt go into details. He said that at least it would be possible to download new camouflage outfits (don't know about that idea, though..).

StickyHands
06-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Ya Snake's gone cannibal! lol. Ya I liked the little beehide trick and the fact that unexpectedly snakes can fall from the tree and try to bite you. Ya online capabilities would give you gimmicks but not online gaming, personally I dont mind, I wouldnt want it to turn into unreal tournament or anything.... imagine the addiction it will produce just cuz it's MGS.

chen zhen
06-30-2003, 03:41 PM
good to have another MGS fan around here:D

but how will there be a Metal Gear walking battle tank when it's in the 60's? That's a mystery to me.:confused:

Surferdude
06-30-2003, 09:01 PM
No way!!! Sonic the Hedgehog was better!!(original on Sega Genesis):D

chen zhen
07-01-2003, 02:52 AM
U even saw the video..?

Here's another version of the trailer from Konami's website. Maybe better res.:
http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/mgs3/english/movie_index.html

And the Remake of the original:
http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/mgs3/english/movie_index.html

The Yellow Dart
07-01-2003, 09:16 AM
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City :D

Seriously though, this does look bad-a$$

chen zhen
07-01-2003, 09:23 AM
This game will kill GTA:VC:D

StickyHands
07-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Uh both links you gave leads to the same page, and on it I dont see any movie except some text credits of the game makers.

Regarding Metal Gear, if you followed the story, back to the first game, when Snake fought Big Boss, in Outer Heaven, here is where he encounter the first Metal Gear right? But it never said who was specifically responsible for making or how many was made. The only indication you had was it was probably the ARMY, which in turn in the 4th installment was Metal Gear Solid (the 3rd installment sucked so much, it never made it to the US, so we only know that the third installment is MGS1), anyway, in it we discover the new Metal Gear Rex, modified by Otacon. But remember in the previous two games, both Metal Gears were destroyed. So it seems like the ARMY made enough to let these machines pop up from nowhere. So if Big Boss is the new character and Kojima chooses to put a Metal Gear in there, then Im guessing it's the first prototype Big Boss/Snake will be battling. Eh it seems like Metal Gears were mass produced to began with, so seeing tons of Metal Gear Rays swimming around the Arsenal, shouldn't have been a big deal. And when one man, even Snake, can take out a big nuclear armed battle tank, it's defintely not a big deal. But it's what gives the game its spark. lol. ;) So Kojima wouldn't leave it out even for MGS3.

chen zhen
07-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Just go down in the bottom of the page, u can download it there. But it is the same movie, so u don't have to.

Here's the second:
http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/mgs_tts/english/index.html

The movie should be easy to find here. It looks *very* good too.

Shaolinlueb
07-01-2003, 12:43 PM
oh man I was drooling through the whole thing.

chen zhen
07-01-2003, 03:39 PM
U just can't control your saliva when u see stuff like that, right?:D

StickyHands
07-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Ahem *cough*snakelover*cough*.... kinda h0m0erotic. j/k. lol. :D

chen zhen
07-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Who me?!
I'll kill u for..
hmmm..
The drooling is because it's a fantastic game. Nuthin about snake.
-Very funny!:mad: :rolleyes: :p

StickyHands
07-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Not you, but chill, it's a joke. I mean think about it, drooling over a fantastic game that revolves around and purely gives homage to only one guy (plotwise), the center of attention. A guy in tights (well, military tights), HAHHA. LOL.

BTW Chen Zhen, do you have nothing else better to do than keep changing your quotes? lol.

And it's :

Siht daer naht ob ot retteb gnihton evah I.

you got the od wrong, if u flip it, it would be like "bo"

chen zhen
07-02-2003, 01:32 PM
:p Read the lowest one & figure it out..

It's worse when he wears the rambo-outfit..;)
btw, I just got exited about it, that guy was the one drooling:rolleyes: :D

StickyHands
07-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Look at the edit on my previous post. So you got excited about it huh? lol. I dont know what's worse... excited aka arousal or drooling. :D

chen zhen
07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
you got the od wrong, if u flip it, it would be like "bo"

**** that website I copied it from!!:mad:
:D

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Hey Chen Zhen (from First of Fury and Fist of Legend, ;) ),

Do you still have the exact link to vid clip of Sakuraba beating up Royce Gracie? I went to www.sherdog.com, but they have way too many vid clips to figure out which is which, so I ended up downloading Sakuraba's cameo on that Pride PS2 game.

So did you start shootfighting yet? I dont get it, if you're already in it, what's the point of later switching to JKD? Cuz JKD is basically MMA anyway. lol. So it's the same thing. But personally Id stick with shootfighting, may be cuz it's Japanese. lol.

Now imagine, Snake on the ring doing Shootfighting, :p

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Firstly: I never had the Sakuraba clip. Oso had it, and he could'nt send it to me (because of specs).
Second: I have not started shootfighting. I asked about it to get opinions on it, before trying it out (have'nt done it yet). I'm going to do some Muay Thai next week, though.
3rdly: The JKD has weapons-work based on Kali, shooto have'nt.:cool:

4rthly: Snake doing shooto.. could be cool. The hand-to-hand combat aspect of the games are not that well-developed. That's an element they should consider doing better.

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Feelin ok? lol. Oh well, Ill try elsewhere, man I wanted to see Royce get his butt kicked.

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Just answering your questions..lol:D

Ask Oso for the clip. Or go to Kazaa or sumthin. That's what I can do.

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Ya I just saw the clip off Kazaa, man that was cool. The "undefeated and renowned" afficionado of BJJ got beat up every round by Sakuraba, and he made it seem like Royce never learned how to fight.

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 12:14 PM
umm
maybe you could send the clip to me.. or post it here?
pleeez:D

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Well you obviously know about Kazaa, so dont you have it? Even if you have dial up modem and it takes while for everything to download, you should still be able to download it. Just type Sakuraba on Kazaa, and the plenty of matches will show up. The one I downloaded show bits and pieces of every round Royce getting pummeled on the mat, it should be about 24 mb. I wish I could send it to ya, but Im one of those unlucky people with dial up (slow ass) modem. lol. :D

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 12:21 PM
I have broadband, but I don't know much about Kazaa, really.
But i'll find it.;)

I'd like to see Snake sneak up on Royce and choke him up..lol:D

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Go too www.kazaa.com, download it, install it, and afterwards, it's self explanatory. You dont have to know anything about it, it's like one of things, like turning on the computer. lol. Did someone had to teach you to do that? HAHA. Anyway, the hillarious part was when during the first round, Sakuraba has Royce locked up, and he's looking at the camera and smiling and laughing. :D

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 12:53 PM
I have a mac, so I don't know if it'll work.
Is there a special mac-version Kazaa?

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 01:07 PM
It should work, try it, if it doesnt, look for FAQs on that website. Last time I checked, P2P softwares werent restricted to what OSI softwares you have. There's also www.morpheus.com, both kazaa and morpheus are the same p2p company and share the same medium, just different layouts and schemes.

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 01:16 PM
I'll figure it out.
Many thanks for the links.:)

StickyHands
07-03-2003, 01:21 PM
No Prob. So played any other Kojima games? I also liked Zone of Enders, but Zone of Enders 2 was awesome.

chen zhen
07-03-2003, 01:25 PM
No. I'd like to try the early instaltments in the MGS series, the ones one SNES. It might be fun. Retro.:cool:

chen zhen
07-04-2003, 05:24 AM
so Saku was even laughing while pummeling dat b*astard. Sounds like a 1st class fight.:cool:

Kristoffer
07-05-2003, 05:10 AM
:D :rolleyes: jAPAnese

chen zhen
07-05-2003, 05:21 AM
So u watched the video, K?

StickyHands
07-05-2003, 01:25 PM
me? ya! Well those Snes ones I tried to play, and they do have Snake and Col. Campbell's flavor, but hardly any resonance. There is the old codec in there as well, but other than that, hardly the espionage you've felt in MGS series. Since they are retro, they've adhered to the same principle, regardless how good the story is. Even the stories itself were quite simple, in the both games, you'd have Snake infiltrate an hostile territory and stop the terrorists. But in the MGS series, there's genome soldiers, Patriots, basically the works with can of worms. So uhh play Nes and Snes again, you might get bored, warning. lol.

chen zhen
07-05-2003, 03:46 PM
i don't know how to get hands on any copies, so it does'nt even matter. I don't really care either.:)

StickyHands
07-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Chen Zhen, how old are you man? New to the internet? LOL. Ok, kididng though. But really now, one word: Emulator. Download the emulator for Nes and Snes, just go to yahoo and make the search for it, and there are plethora abound, thousands of sites you can download from. So it's like having Nes and Snes installed in ur computer. And then download the respective roms (games, which would be the Metal Gear series) for it. They also have Emulators for PS N64, Dreamcast, PS2, etc, but those were kinda tricky and I never got them to work with my computer.

chen zhen
07-07-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm on the internet min. 2 hours a day...lol:p
But I use another persons computer, so I can't download that sh!t (he would freak out if I did..he's old!).
That's why.:cool:

StickyHands
07-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Get a laptop instead of 'wasting' your money training MA. That way you can train under cyber and virtual MA, any style. LOL.

chen zhen
07-08-2003, 04:03 AM
I AM on a laptop:cool:
And besides, I would MUCH rather train MA anyday, than playing videogames..lol;) :o

StickyHands
07-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Nope, you missed the whole chi my friend. By training on a laptop under virtual training, you train the mind. Hence it's the best Xingyi and Yi Quan training ever. lol

chen zhen
07-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Yeah, whatever u say...:rolleyes:

lol:D

StickyHands
07-20-2003, 03:14 AM
u got a PM