PDA

View Full Version : 2 cents of Kung Fu

ZIM
06-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Dez was saying there's no KF going on, so:

How's about everyone just vent their 2 cents worth of kung fu thoughts for the day so we can get back to complaining about Bu$h or something, hey? :D

I'll start:
There's no such thing as the supersecret style of the deadliest lineage that'll pull you out of anything. Technique is Great, but you still have to be in some kind of reasonable shape- strength, speed, endurance, etc. still count. Kung fu is 'hard work', so thats what you have to think about, not 'my style does X'. Maybe too many ppl think they can get away with less becoz of their style- so be as healthy as you can be for your present size/shape/whatever.

When we talk about 'timing, focus, aggression, intent' we are really talking about 'can you go psycho on the other guy first?' What can you pull off, what do you dare to pull off?

Just my 2 cents, take a hike. :D

joedoe
06-29-2003, 05:47 PM
But, I learn the from deadliest lineage of a supersecret style. :D

ZIM
06-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Killer Sloth? I know that one.....

joedoe
06-29-2003, 06:05 PM
No, I told you it is a supersecret style. Of course you would not know it :D

dezhen2001
06-29-2003, 10:50 PM
LOL at the edit! :D

i hate it when you spar or touch hands and you tap someone (not a proper full power hit, but enough to know that u were in range and could have) and they are all like "you couldnt do that coz if i used my real power (ging/jing) i would already have crushed you" or some such like thing... had a few experiences of that recently and it really pees me off :mad:

:)

dawood

joedoe
06-29-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
LOL at the edit! :D

i hate it when you spar or touch hands and you tap someone (not a proper full power hit, but enough to know that u were in range and could have) and they are all like "you couldnt do that coz if i used my real power (ging/jing) i would already have crushed you" or some such like thing... had a few experiences of that recently and it really pees me off :mad:

:)

dawood

You talking about me? :( :D

dezhen2001
06-29-2003, 11:19 PM
nope :)

dont think you would need to use any power to flatten me buddy, i was doing a good enough job myself lol!

i also hate it when someone says they practise something that they actually dont.

you get me now? :)

dawood

Laughing Cow
06-29-2003, 11:22 PM
I hate the guys that talk smack about a style/system/technique that they never studied.

joedoe
06-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Dez - gotcha.

LC - I dunno, talking smack about other styles can be fun. :D

dezhen2001
06-29-2003, 11:25 PM
hehe, wow this is really turning in to a rant or let off steam thread :D

good point though LC!

dawood

Laughing Cow
06-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
LC - I dunno, talking smack about other styles can be fun. :D

Yes, it can be in the right crowd, for the rest I prefer sharing of opinions.

:D

joedoe
06-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Shaolin-Do sucks arse.

See how much fun that was? :D :D :D

dezhen2001
06-29-2003, 11:33 PM
LOL! i guess we have all done that at some stage :) (wow - not the su(k arse part!)

dawood

Yung Apprentice
06-30-2003, 01:30 AM
not the su(k arse part!)

BAH. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!:eek:

Sho
06-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by ZIM
Maybe too many ppl think they can get away with less becoz of their styleThat's so true. But as soon as they start sparring (as in full-contact with people from other schools as well), their view on reality changes - or at least should.

Oso
06-30-2003, 08:18 AM
I spent some time in a 'sport kumite' class the other night.

didn't care for it.

I tried to go in w/ an empty cup but realized that there are a few stains that won't come out:

1: I can't bounce.

2: I can't 'kia' in the karate sense.

3: I don't look someone in the face when I fight. This apparently makes it look like I'm looking down.

dezhen2001
06-30-2003, 08:33 AM
lol bet you had fun then Oso :D

dawood