PDA

View Full Version : Badmouthing Shaolin Do is boring.

Chang Style Novice
07-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Let's badmouth Juko Kai instead.

Laughing Cow
07-01-2003, 09:20 PM
I don't think we got any members here that do that.

Too boring that way.

:D

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Juko Kai International (JKI) is one of the foremost non-asian martial arts unions in the world.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Juko Kai sux.

Serpent
07-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Jotaro Joestar
Juko Kai International (JKI) is one of the foremost non-asian martial arts unions in the world.

Ahahahahahahahaha! Please tell me you're serious!

(BTW, we can badmouth Juko-Kai and Shaolin-Do!)

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 09:24 PM
LOL, of course I am not serious.

JUKO-KAI INTERNATIONAL was founded in the year of 1961, and is one of the oldest martial arts organizations in the United States. The founder of Juko-Kai is Professor Rod Sacharnoski, Dai-Soke, 10th dan...a world renown Grandmaster.

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Juko-Kai is a family-oriented martial arts organization that has schools and representatives in numerous foreign countries. We have long been recognized as one of the foremost martial arts federations in the West, serving as the Western Headquarters for the International Okinawan Martial Arts Renmei (IOMAU), the Juko-Kai/Seidokan Japan Martial Arts Renmei, and housing an authorized Ninpo division under the direct sanction of Masaaki Hatsumi, 34th Headmaster, Togakure-ryu Ninjutsu, Japan.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Sorry about my lame attempt at bashing Juko Kai.

Maybe if they called themselves Shaolin Kai we would get more responses :D

Laughing Cow
07-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Dai-Soke = "Great" Founder of a style

And is a term that does NOT exist in the Japanese language.

There can only EVER be one SOKE of any style and thus the "DAi" prefix is NEVER used.

For more info head over to E-Budo and check their archives.
The Hatsumi link is discussed in details there.

I spoke to some of those guys they say that what they do boils down to "Iron" skill training.
;)

Serpent
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
They're just a bunch of wannabe nut kickers.

:)

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 09:38 PM
I actually know nothing about them and only quoted from their website. I personally have no opinion of them, I have not read their material, not care to do so. It does not matter to me one bit (bit, not I am not brittish).

Serpent
07-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Jotaro Joestar
It does not matter to me one bit (bit, not I am not brittish).

Is this English?

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 09:44 PM
At least to my british friends and to the people that I met when I was there (in London a few months ago), "bit" was a very common word.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Maybe they should call themselves Roshambo-Do! :D

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Please for give me, I meant "bit", not that I am birtish. But I sure do drink a lot though. ...Meaning I am a drunk!...so I dont type 2 well.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Do you mean 'Brit'?

OMG you must be drunk :D

Serpent
07-01-2003, 09:54 PM
I have no idea what he's talking about.

And I'm British!

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 10:05 PM
No not Brit, but bit. As in a small piece, tad, morsel, crumb, fragment, speck, smidgen, spot of something.

PHILBERT
07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
When you spar a Juko Kai, wait until he powers up his Ki and is ready to throw the Kamehameha wave. He expects you to hit him in the throat or groin.

So step on his toes.

Jotaro Joestar
07-01-2003, 10:13 PM
I wish that when I was in Hawaii, that I could have learned the Kamehameha wave, but I was only 5, and of course drunk. (even back then)

dezhen2001
07-02-2003, 05:20 AM
joedoe: wait till you see *their* saam chien :eek:

is it just me or have we had a few weird sounding nicknames join up these last few days?

dawood

fa_jing
07-02-2003, 08:39 AM
"family oriented"

Good luck starting your family after those kicks in the nutz.

PHILBERT
07-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by fa_jing
"family oriented"

Good luck starting your family after those kicks in the nutz.

Oh but think of this, imagine if you don't WANT kids, then not only can ya sleep around, but its kind of impressive to be able to take a kick to the nuts.

Shaolin-Do
07-02-2003, 09:55 AM
"I think my neighbors are kidnappers... or they may have children. I still dont know."
GDA
bhaaha...
That quote stilll makes me laugh.
We can make fun of kuk sool won cant we?
Er... Tang soo doo?

Blah.
Jotaro eh?
How goes it?

African Tiger
07-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Not to mention, doesn't 10th Dan or 10th Degree mean that you have achieved perfection??????

Gosh if that's true, where do I sign up for Doo Doo Kai? I'd love to train with "god" :D

Shaolinlueb
07-02-2003, 06:38 PM
okay im a n00b. why is it fun to bad mouth shaolin do?

Serpent
07-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Cos it's sh!t.

Serpent
07-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Actually, to be fair, there are a lot of people that practice it and like what they do, so fair play to them. However, it's a system built on lies and fantasy that is essentially karate trying to pass itself off as kung fu. So, kung fu people like to rag on it.

And the Shaolin Do practitioners are usually a touchy bunch and take the bait waaaay too easily! ;)

Serpent
07-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey shaolinlueb - it sys in your profile that you've studied kung fu for two years, yet under your occupation it says "kung fu instructor". Did you train full time for two years or something?

themeecer
07-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
okay im a n00b. why is it fun to bad mouth shaolin do?

Because that is what these forums are all about. These people like to put down other arts but are too chicken to list their own arts on here. I hope you don't study Shaolin-Do, if you do for some reason your IQ is lowered, your punches feel like a tickle, and you will be at the brunt of many insults. If you put up any defense at all you are called childish, while making coherant arguments .. and the ones calling you names left and right are the mature ones.

PHILBERT
07-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by themeecer

Because that is what these forums are all about. These people like to put down other arts but are too chicken to list their own arts on here...

Wing Chun.

themeecer
07-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Wasn't meaning you Philbert. :D

PHILBERT
07-02-2003, 07:47 PM
I know. Im kind of open towards Shaolin-Do. I have made a few opinions, but since I haven't touched hands with one yet I don't know how they are.

themeecer
07-02-2003, 07:48 PM
I know Philbert .. you actually made a couple of posts that I really liked.

joedoe
07-02-2003, 07:58 PM

Because that is what these forums are all about. These people like to put down other arts but are too chicken to list their own arts on here. I hope you don't study Shaolin-Do, if you do for some reason your IQ is lowered, your punches feel like a tickle, and you will be at the brunt of many insults. If you put up any defense at all you are called childish, while making coherant arguments .. and the ones calling you names left and right are the mature ones.

But compared to people like Judge Pen, you have been very childish in your defence of SD. I can understand why you want to defend your style, but I don't think you have gone about it the right way. JP on the other hand has been very mature in his defence of SD and as a result has earned the respect of a lot of people here not because of the art he does but because of the attitude he has.

Fred Sanford
07-02-2003, 08:01 PM
shaolin-do is the real street lethal.

Yung Apprentice
07-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah, Judge Penn is cool.

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is Juko-Kai? What is it trying to pass itself off to be?

Serpent
07-02-2003, 08:14 PM

If you put up any defense at all you are called childish, while making coherant arguments

Ahahaha! Too funny!

themeecer
07-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

But compared to people like Judge Pen, you have been very childish in your defence of SD. I can understand why you want to defend your style, but I don't think you have gone about it the right way. JP on the other hand has been very mature in his defence of SD and as a result has earned the respect of a lot of people here not because of the art he does but because of the attitude he has.

Joedoe .. I have been more than mature. I have taken people's name calling, sterotyping of Kentuckians as idiots, and numerous other things very calmly. Seems to me the ones calling the names are the ones being childish. The only reason you are calling me childish is because I was defending Shaolin Do ... if it was some other art you would be leaving me alone. Other people have brought up their IQ and nothing was said .. I mention mine in defense of being called an idiot and all of a sudden I am arrogant. I have had broad stereotypes used for me and no one has a problem with that. Calling me childish reminds me of an email I once read.......

Dear Kettle:

You are black!

Singed:
The pot.

Serpent
07-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Your selective observation of the situation is astounding, meecer.

joedoe
07-02-2003, 08:39 PM

Joedoe .. I have been more than mature. I have taken people's name calling, sterotyping of Kentuckians as idiots, and numerous other things very calmly. Seems to me the ones calling the names are the ones being childish. The only reason you are calling me childish is because I was defending Shaolin Do ... if it was some other art you would be leaving me alone. Other people have brought up their IQ and nothing was said .. I mention mine in defense of being called an idiot and all of a sudden I am arrogant. I have had broad stereotypes used for me and no one has a problem with that. Calling me childish reminds me of an email I once read.......

Dear Kettle:

You are black!

Singed:
The pot.

Now, I have tried to be nice and stay out of the debate simply because I decided a while ago that there was nothing to be gained from bashing SDers anymore. I have never indulged in the namecalling, nor have I ever cast apsersions on your character or stereotyped anyone. I laughed about the IQ thing, but that was not directed to anyone in particular, just at the general trend of the thread.

My calling your behaviour childish is not because of your defence of SD. As I said, I can understand why you want to defend your style. However, while you sit there and tell criticise everyone else's behaviour on the SD threads, you then then turn around and behave exactly the same way as the people you are criticising. You seem to have a keen eye for the fault of others, but are completely blind to your own faults.

Trust me, in a way I sympathise with you. I would not enjoy being bashed the way SDers get bashed. But as I said, JP has carried himself in an exemplary manner through it all and has won my respect.

Have you ever considered why people are willing to accept that JP does SD and still accept him? Maybe it is because by not rising to the bait like you so easily do, he ignores the barbs and does not allow it to become an issue. By taking the bait every time, you allow the SD bashing to continue. So, by all means continue to take the bait. It is good entertainment.

themeecer
07-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
However, while you sit there and tell criticise everyone else's behaviour on the SD threads, you then then turn around and behave exactly the same way as the people you are criticising.

Please show me where I was behaving the way they were.

Serpent
07-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Well said, joedoe.

meecer, you really should go back and read over everything you've written.

joedoe
07-02-2003, 09:07 PM

Please show me where I was behaving the way they were.

What's the point? Even if I showed you (which I honestly can't be bothered doing) you would refute that you were behaving that way.

Listen, you keep going on as you like. It really doesn't matter to me. As I said, it's good entertainment.

Shaolin-Do
07-02-2003, 09:22 PM
I have an attack trained boston terrier.
Vicious land piranha. Devilish little *******.

Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out what you are talking about, me or the style.
hehehe

themeecer
07-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Ok .. great defense. Make an argument and don't back it up. But everyone is supposed to believe you because you said it. If you are referring to my opinions on h omosexuals. That doesn't make me childish, that is just a statement of my beliefs. I am entitled to them .. it is a free country. There are other people out there that don't believe what I believe, for example I don't agree with pro-choicers. I don't call them childish for believing other than I do.

I hear serpents chatter in the background but can't be bothered with him. He aparently hates Shaolin Do, Christians and Americans and is only here to pick fights. I don't have anything to say to him at the moment. He proved a point of mine a while back.

joedoe
07-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Like I said, no point. Even if I did point out something you would refute it. I don't need or expect anyone to believe anything I say. They can make up their own minds and form their own opinions about what has been said by various parties. If anyone wants to back me up or put me down, then fine go ahead. I really don't give a d@mn one way or another.

I am just expressing my opinion ;).

Like I said, think about why people don't have a problem with JP (or Radhnoti), but for some wierd reason have issues with you.

You know what is really ironic - there had not been any SD-bashing thread on the board for months until a bunch of SD-ers joined the board and brought them all back up. Making a rod for your own back I think :D

Shaolin-Do
07-02-2003, 09:33 PM
"If anyone wants to back me up or put me down"

We could spar.
:D

joedoe
07-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Not with over 8000 miles in between we can't :)

Shaolin-Do
07-02-2003, 09:53 PM
I know.
:(
Im going to go home and sleep now.
Goodbye.

joedoe
07-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Cya. :)

Brad
07-02-2003, 09:58 PM
If you are referring to my opinions on h omosexuals. That doesn't make me childish, that is just a statement of my beliefs.
The childishness doesn't have to do with what you believe, it's how you express them. Take this quote:

Just because Shaolin Do isn't full of some f a ggoty hopping around and running around in circles that makes it non authentic? You do understand that what is viewed as "kung fu" today was the Chinese government's attempt to create a national sport.

Using a slur used for ****sexuals to trash mainland Chinese kungfu... or maybe all non-Shaolin-Do kungfu as you're refering to what the members of the board percieve as kungfu. Looks pretty childish to me.

Serpent
07-02-2003, 10:01 PM
I hear serpents chatter in the background but can't be bothered with him. He aparently hates Shaolin Do, Christians and Americans and is only here to pick fights.

Hate is too strong a word. I think Shaolin-Do (the style) is a joke, I am disgusted by the large majority of what Christianity stands for and has done in the past and I am severely disappointed in America. I do despise the American government and those that run it. I will perceive Americans by their individual actions.

I don't have anything to say to him at the moment. He proved a point of mine a while back.

And you mentioned this before, yet you still haven't actually made any explanation of what that point was.

And for what it's worth, I agree totally with joedoe. I think Judge Pen and Radhnoti are both decent guys, even though I don't like the style of MA they practice. You on the other hand...

joedoe
07-02-2003, 10:15 PM
I am still trying to figure out where I have called themeecer any names, or have indulged in childish behaviour. Or is calling his behaviour childish classed as namecalling now?

themeecer
07-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Brad

The childishness doesn't have to do with what you believe, it's how you express them. Take this quote:

Using a slur used for ****sexuals to trash mainland Chinese kungfu... or maybe all non-Shaolin-Do kungfu as you're refering to what the members of the board percieve as kungfu. Looks pretty childish to me.

Call it a slur if you like, but that is common language around here. Just like calling something you dislike, gay. Some people spell it ghey either to be funny or to diffrentiate from meaning it is "h omosexual." Personally .. I like to goad the h omophiliics (Hey I'm called a h omophobe .. I can call them that) into these discussions with my usage of that. Their championing of this cause attempting to compare it to the civil rights fights of the 60s sickens me. And I just love being as un-PC as I can be.

I've see others use so-called h omosexual slurs on these threads and no one said a thing about it.

I guess I don't make a good ****phobe. Heck I ballroom dance. Two of my dance instructors have been h omosexuals. I've had to dance with both.

Ah heck .. I am tired of talking about it. Here .. let me apologize for saying ***gotty and leave it at that. You are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. So let me just say I am sorry.

I may have been overly harsh in my words toward mainland chinese kung fu. I know there are many, many pockets of true kung fu there. And even though I think a lot of the martial spirit is missing from some of the wu shu I see .. I still enjoy watching it.

Joedoe .. I wasn't saying you personally called me names or my school names. I honestly can't remember most of the ones that did. If that sounded directly pointed at you I apologize. I meant that directed to the ones that did do this.

Brad
07-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Empty apology not accepted... anyway, I'm done feeding the troll, goodnight everybody :D

Laughing Cow
07-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Call it a slur if you like, but that is common language around here.

Always be careful with what is accepted where you come from.

Used in the wrong place or in the wrong occasion it can get you into serious problems as any person that has been to multiple countries knows.

Example:
Call my Wife a "female" you will go hunting for some important reproductive parts I ripped of you after that comment.

Cheers.

themeecer
07-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Lol .. fine. I just will be awaiting your name to pop up in the other threads I have seen ghey slurs used. G'night.

shaolin kungfu
07-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Stop being such a f@g meecer.

themeecer
07-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow

Call my Wife a "female" you will go hunting for some important reproductive parts I ripped of you after that comment.

Lol .. what does that mean where you are from?

themeecer
07-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
Stop being such a f@g meecer.
Lol .. shuddup and go study Namat. I am currently reading that thread and am getting a kick out of it. Let me steal the putdown I just saw black jack use.

Originally posted by Black Jack
go back to reading Tiger Beat magazine and circle jerking over posters of Joey Lawerance.

shaolin kungfu
07-02-2003, 10:55 PM
No, I changed it. Just an editorial choice I made.

Laughing Cow
07-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Lol .. what does that mean where you are from?

It is not a term used to refer to a woman but is usually used to refer for the lower forms of life.

You are just being rude equaling my Wife to a female dog or similar.
;)

joedoe
07-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Better than someone calling her a shemale :D

Yung Apprentice
07-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Call it a slur if you like, but that is common language around here

HHHHHHHHMMMMMMM, might be in your part of the country, but not mine.

It is not a term used to refer to a woman but is usually used to refer for the lower forms of life.

It's interesting to see the difference's in the English language between countries. At least slang usage.For instance, in my country, and my generation, "female" is like saying woman. You go to a club, and while your with your friends you see a "female" that you want to approach. She might a "b!tch", or a "h0e" or a LADY. But you don't know. So you call her a female. LOL, I know it sounds funny, especially after what you were saying. But thats slang for you.

Laughing Cow
07-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Yung Apprentice.

I fully understand that it is commonly used where you are and got no problems with it as such.

There is a lot of things I accept on the Net(due to it's nature) that I wouldn't if we and the person were face to face.

At the same time you(not as in "you" specifically) also need to be aware and accept that in different locations, generations it might become an insult.

Being European I know that certain handsigns and gestures are a taboo in certain countries even though they mean "good" things in others.

Example:
In thailand you NEVER point at anything with your finger, or touch a Child's head.
Locals appreciate if you follow those local customs.

Not like some tourists I saw that stuck a largish bill to a boy's head to pay him for carrying their luggagge.
Mother nearly died of shock.

Fred Sanford
07-03-2003, 02:27 AM
last time I checked there are 2 sexes namely, male and female. call me crazy but a man is a male and a woman is a female. how is that an insult to call a woman a female?

Laughing Cow
07-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Fred.

How come man are called "man" and woman are called "females" from what I hear.
Atleast that is what the US Journalists over her write in their articles.

Maybe you like to be called a "hunk of a male" by ladies on the road.

Cheers.

Fred Sanford
07-03-2003, 03:23 AM
Maybe you like to be called a "hunk of a male" by ladies on the road.

one can only dream.:D

Yung Apprentice
07-03-2003, 03:44 AM
At the same time you(not as in "you" specifically) also need to be aware and accept that in different locations, generations it might become an insult

I agree 100%. :)

I fully understand that it is commonly used where you are and got no problems with it as such.

But, it's cool that you brought it up. This being an international board, I wouldn't want to accidently offend a lady. Even if she fully understands.

Being European I know that certain handsigns and gestures are a taboo in certain countries even though they mean "good" things in others.

I know what you mean. I heard how some places, a thumbs up (which is like good job here) is like flipping someone off.

I find it interesting to learn about the little difference's in customs between countries.

Internal Boxer
07-03-2003, 03:58 AM
"Call my Wife a "female" you will go hunting for some important reproductive parts I ripped of you after that comment"

Where you from LC? your obviously not a Brit.

Laughing Cow
07-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Internal Boxer
Where you from LC? your obviously not a Brit.

Central Europe.

rubthebuddha
07-03-2003, 08:32 AM
LC -- why don't Thais like stuff to be pointed at, or have their kiddies' heads touched? me just curious.

shaolin kungfu
07-03-2003, 11:33 AM
What would happen if you pointed at a thai while patting their kids head?

rubthebuddha
07-03-2003, 11:49 AM
sunthas supasterpong would kick your ass, that's what. :eek: