PDA

View Full Version : I'm completely sick and tired of...

Serpent
07-01-2003, 09:17 PM
... mobile phones with the Wong Fei Hung theme tune as their ring tone! :mad:

What piszes you off daily?

(Try to keep it KF related if possible. Maybe for the first few posts at least! ;) )

joedoe
07-01-2003, 09:21 PM
I used to have one of those but changed it eventually :D

Chang Style Novice
07-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Anyone who doesn't keep their cellphone or pager on vibrate is just an attention-seeking asswipe.

Laughing Cow
07-01-2003, 09:25 PM
One thing that ****es me off a lot is the following.

Parents carrying the MA gear of their little beloved ones when they drop them off at the kwoon/Dojo or after picking them up.

For crying out loud WHO is the person here taking the MA, lugging your gear around is part of the deal.

I see this so often with the local kendo class, that I want to walk up to the parent and give them a good slap.
In some cases the grandparents of the kids have to carry the gear as little Johnny is too tired to do so after training.

:mad: :mad:

Serpent
07-01-2003, 09:33 PM
LOL.

CSN - you're against cell phones altogether then?

joedoe
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Anyone who doesn't keep their cellphone or pager on vibrate is just an attention-seeking asswipe.

Anyone who does is a deviate :D

Laughing Cow
07-01-2003, 09:38 PM
My Cel plays the original Godzilla tune.

:D

Shuul Vis
07-01-2003, 10:04 PM
Most anyone that looks at me pi$$es me off. They remind me that i am about to have to deal with whatever bull$hit they are bringing my way.

PHILBERT
07-01-2003, 10:07 PM
I hate cells too. Sure they are great to get on touch, but people are rude when on them. You shouldn't sit there and use the phone all the time just because you can. I work as a waiter and all the freaking time I go up to tables and they are yacking away on there cell phone. One day someone said "Im not ready to order because Im busy, can ya come back when Im done?" so I came back like 20 minutes later, after they'd been done for like 10 minutes. I told the manager and she was laughing.

Another time I was flirting with 2 incredibly attractive young ladies and this lady was on her cell phone and got ****ed off because I was flirting, got up and walked away from her table so she could yack. Me and the girls chuckled because we said "Geez that's rude" because she got ****ed that she couldn't take her phone conversation in the other room.

I guess this is gonna turn into a cell phone thread.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Shuul Vis
Most anyone that looks at me pi$$es me off. They remind me that i am about to have to deal with whatever bull$hit they are bringing my way.

LOL. I love it! :D

Becca
07-01-2003, 10:19 PM
I've got the "Hary Potter" theame on my phone. Haven't found anyone else who has that one, yet.:D

Vash
07-01-2003, 10:38 PM
On my gf's phone, I'm "Dilemma." She was going to use "Kung Fu Fighting", but then everyone would know who was calling her.

Oh, FYI: Cellphones are the Devil. An' they make you crazy.

Becca
07-01-2003, 10:46 PM
does that mean she considers you to be a dilemma?:p

Everything is evil. But cell phones don't make you crazy; that's just the voices....

Yung Apprentice
07-01-2003, 10:51 PM
LC had a good one.

I hate when ppl talk so much about their black belt they got in their "Krotty" class, which is more then likely an MCdojo.

I also hate, ppl mocking me, when the word gets out that I take martial arts. Either doing some stupid "Karate Kid" stance, or doing that odd Bruce Lee "wahing" noise.

I hate when my friends call my class, a "Karate class" instead of "kung Fu'

I hate when ppl find out I'm taking Martial Arts, they want to test me. Or they ask if I think I can kick their @ss.

I hate when ppl say," Well, I used to do martial arts". So why aren't they doing them now???

I hate ppl in general.

Serpent
07-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Shuul Vis - reminds me of a t-shirt I used to have. It said:

"Everyday I'm forced to add more names to the list of people that p!ss me off!"

You know what? Some F#$%er stole it!

joedoe
07-01-2003, 10:57 PM
I always chuckle when I talk to my fiancee's sister who has trained for 2 years in Shotokan. She is still new enough to MA that the illusions about her training are still intact. I hate the fact that her school teaches them that because they do karate they are now invincible fighters. One day I will disabuse her of all that. :)

Serpent
07-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Next time you see her, just smack her in the face really hard once.

Then just say, "Hmmm. You need to train more" and walk away.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 11:07 PM
LOL.

We were once talking about fighting multiple opponents and she was talking about how unrealistic the sparring scenarios were because when you hit someone in sparring they can keep coming at you but in real life they would go down :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Needless to say I was rather incredulous, but suitably hid my amazement.

Another time she was talking about throwing and how she could throw anyone - even me. I had to force myself not to laugh.

Becca
07-01-2003, 11:24 PM
We were once talking about fighting multiple opponents and she was talking about how unrealistic the sparring scenarios were because when you hit someone in sparring they can keep coming at you but in real life they would go down

LOL :D

I want to fight in her reality.

Needless to say I was rather incredulous, but suitably hid my amazement.

You must have the patience of a saint...

My cousin's wife and her friend gave me a "demo" of why they were good fighters once. It looked like little girls kicking at each other with ballett moves.:D

Then they discided to "spar" with me. Every time they kicked or punched, I put them into a lock. I was informed that I "wasn't playing fair." I have not been invited to visit since... :( :p

Serpent
07-01-2003, 11:28 PM
I love when people tell you that you're cheating when you beat them sparring! :D

Shuul Vis
07-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Serpent-
My favorite t-shirt reads "eat $hit you fu cking red neck!" All black with white lettering on the back.

SevenStar
07-01-2003, 11:30 PM

maybe not... if you don't have a vibrating clip, you can't always feel the phone vibrate. there's a time and place for everything - and there are places, like the movies, where they should be kept off.

SevenStar
07-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Becca
I've got the "Hary Potter" theame on my phone. Haven't found anyone else who has that one, yet.:D

I've got the knight rider theme, and some other stuff too

Serpent
07-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Shuul Vis
Serpent-
My favorite t-shirt reads "eat $hit you fu cking red neck!" All black with white lettering on the back.

:D

joedoe
07-01-2003, 11:36 PM

LOL :D

I want to fight in her reality.

You must have the patience of a saint...

My cousin's wife and her friend gave me a "demo" of why they were good fighters once. It looked like little girls kicking at each other with ballett moves.:D

Then they discided to "spar" with me. Every time they kicked or punched, I put them into a lock. I was informed that I "wasn't playing fair." I have not been invited to visit since... :( :p

Well, it was easier because I was driving and could pretend that I was concentrating on the road. But it was extremely hard to drive properly and not laugh at the same time.

When she started training, I was mucking around with her doing some touch sparring. So I threw a few soft palms that stopped centimetres from her face. In the mean time she threw a reverse punch to my torso and claimed victory. At this point I realised that they were teaching point sparring. :(

Another time I agreed to help her with sparring but it turned out to be a bunch of drills where I attacked and she defended and countered. I was going pretty easy on her since she had only just started, then she asked me to throw a high roundhouse. So I did, and she then says that maybe we shouldn't do the drill because I was off balance and my form was bad! Then I have to do a front kick for her to block, and she asks me if I really want to do this drill because she might hurt me! Meanwhile my fiancee is in the background killing herself laughing behind her magazine.

Fun and games :)

Serpent
07-01-2003, 11:38 PM
No, really. Smack her in the face really hard. Once.

joedoe
07-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

Someone has already done that - she has had a black eye for the last week :D

I will one day, but I don't think the day has come yet. I think she needs to train a little longer and allow her teachers and fellow classmates sort her out a bit. That is all assuming that her school is not a complete McDojo (which I suspect they are - they have a black belt acceleration program). Maybe in a little while (she is thinking of joining my class) I will train with her and set her straight.

Serpent
07-01-2003, 11:46 PM
What does she do now?

PHILBERT
07-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Shotokan, Serpent. He already said it. So thats what it is, you dont bother to read, you just post then go back and maybe read then post again. :D

joedoe
07-02-2003, 12:09 AM
Thing is I have a lot of respect for Shotokan, but her school seems to really suck. I think they focus on competition (the head of the school was national junior coach) and tend to lose sight of the real stuff.

Yung Apprentice
07-02-2003, 02:00 AM
Becca is right, you do have the patience of a Saint.

Does your fiancee have any background in MA's? How old is her sister?13??????

Mr Punch
07-02-2003, 04:49 AM
mobile phones should be on vibrate. if you are worried about the chance of missing calls you should keep it up your... close to somewhere sensitive! they are banned on trains in japan. i think this is good. nobody uses vibrate in the uk. most ****heads still seem to think they are joe cool if they even have one in the uk, despite the ones in the uk largely being housebricks with monochrome screens (still - they'd make more robust yawara/kubotan than the japanese ones...!). should wear off after another couple of years... :rolleyes:

joedoe, you should crush her bones and cast them to the wind. it's for her own good!

Becca
07-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by joedoe
Thing is I have a lot of respect for Shotokan, but her school seems to really suck. I think they focus on competition (the head of the school was national junior coach) and tend to lose sight of the real stuff.

:( Sad. Shotokan is usually a very effective art. It might just be the way she's applying it, though. I hate to admit it, but I know many women who train, but are unable or unwilling to come out of La-la land as to just what they are training for. There is one lady in my kwoon who has been studying for years but still kicks like a little girl doing some kind of dance.:(

Matt- there are other ways to get you calls without the vibrate function. Caller ID and voice mail combined keep me from missing any. I flat-out won't answer my phone if I'm driving, and I turn my phone off at work. I just check my messages at break and lunch time.

fidon
07-02-2003, 05:46 AM
Yeah, i hate those people who just sit around and play with their ringtones, **** yuppies

Chang Style Novice
07-02-2003, 07:15 AM
My objection isn't to the cellphones, it's to noise pollution and ruining songs. Although cellphones (and all new technology, really) do seem to bring out the rude in people.

Chang Style Novice
07-02-2003, 07:53 AM
As for this
if you don't have a vibrating clip, you can't always feel the phone vibrate. there's a time and place for everything It is the user's responsibility to use their phone responsibly, and that means first and foremost not making a public nuisance (or worse, danger) of it.

Oso
07-02-2003, 07:59 AM
I hate accidentally injuring people in practice.

But only slightly less so than training partners that don't protect themselves.

still, it was kind of a cool crunchy noise and he's young, he'll heal.

bodhitree
07-02-2003, 08:02 AM
Martial Arts movies with special effects and actors with no f***ing talent!! P isses me off emencely, stuff like charlies angels, the matrix. all horrible and crappy!!!!:mad:

FatherDog
07-02-2003, 08:17 AM
I generally have to have my cell phone with me in case I get a call from work. I have it set to a quiet ring.

I still leave it in the car when I go to movie theatres, though. **** 'em, they can wait two hours. :D

Oso
07-02-2003, 08:21 AM
well, I tried to get it back to ma...

i get funny looks cuz I leave mine on the loudest, most raucous, tone there is. I go back and forth from power tools and grounds equipment so I need to be able to hear it over those things.

I have a cheap phone so no vibrate

I DO turn it off in theaters and down to a low volume when I'm not on call....which is actually never....

joedoe
07-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Yung Apprentice
Becca is right, you do have the patience of a Saint.

Does your fiancee have any background in MA's? How old is her sister?13??????

My fiancee used to train in a different style that was taught by my sigung, but has taken a few years off. She is thinking of coming back soon though. Her sister is actually 26 I think! :eek: :eek:

Serpent
07-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Sorry, missed the shotokan thing. Well, it's definitely the girl/instructor and not the style then. Joedoe, please beat some sense into her.

As for phones, it's illegal to use them while driving here and with good bloody reason too. And always turn them off in the theatre!

You can have and use a mobile without being an arsehole. Trouble is, like CSN said, these phones do tend to bring the arsehole to the forefront in people that are that way inclined.

So, other than mobiles, what else piszes you off?

Yung Apprentice
07-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Sometimes, answers are the most simple ones. Serpent had a good one!

Becca
07-02-2003, 06:22 PM
People who can't give a strait answer, no matter how many times or ways you ask. Today for example. My co-worker who has been there for several years discided I wasn't parking quite fast enough for him. So he starts yelling over me to the drivers were to park. But he didn't look at the plot. I ignored him, the drivers did not. We had buses everywere. While trying to figure out how best to fix the plot, I asked him where he had sent some of the buses.

G- "You're the one who did the parking this morning."
Me- "But you were telling the drivers to park in other places than me."
G- "not my fault they listened to you."
Me- "I don't want to argue. We need to fix this. Can you watch the sign-in while I check the plot?"
G- "You're the one parking this morning."
Me- "OK... Will you go check the plot then?"
G- "You need to get faster."
Me- "Do you want me toDo both?"
G- "You're the one parking this morning."
Me- "What are you going to do, then?"
G- "You tell me."
Me- ".... OK... You send the Artics to this row, the Orines to this one, and the Mall buses here. I will be back in a few minutes."
G- "But you are the one parking this morning."

I will stop at that. This when on all morning and most of the afternoon. He finally started to get the hint I was ****ed when He asked me if I was done with sign-out, and I relpied that "I was doing the parking this morning," then went to check the plot...

Serpent
07-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Smack him in the face. Really hard. Once.

Becca
07-02-2003, 06:53 PM
:D 'twas tempting... He's usually not like that.

Ok. Back on off-topic....( :p )

How 'bout those sport parents who think that the best kid in the class who really is better than everyone, is really the worst in the class and only beat their kid because the Sifu likes him/her better.

Never mind the fact little Johnny never practices, misses half the classes, and won't pay attention. Never mind that Sammy practices dailly, is at every class, stays after to ask the assistant instructor to critique his interpritation of the stance they just learned... ect. Johnny only lost because Sammy's parents spent more for him/her to get a new Sa'am (uniform) before ranck-test.

joedoe
07-02-2003, 06:56 PM
:D 'twas tempting... He's usually not like that.

Ok. Back on off-topic....( :p )

How 'bout those sport parents who think that the best kid in the class who really is better than everyone, is really the worst in the class and only beat their kid because the Sifu likes him/her better.

Never mind the fact little Johnny never practices, misses half the classes, and won't pay attention. Never mind that Sammy practices dailly, is at every class, stays after to ask the assistant instructor to critique his interpritation of the stance they just learned... ect. Johnny only lost because Sammy's parents spent more for him/her to get a new Sa'am (uniform) before ranck-test.

Sport parents in general suck. People have got to rediscover the fact that sport is sport. It is (usually) a game played for the development of certain attributes and enjoyment. It is only a career for a small percentage of people, and it certainly is not a matter of life and death.

Serpent
07-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Sports parents are usually sporting failures trying to live vicariously through their children, who are most likely doomed to fail as the parents are forcing them into something they don't want to do.

I pity the kids and loathe the parents.

Becca
07-02-2003, 07:26 PM
That may be the secrit behind McDojo Prodogies... After dealing with hords of "Little Johnnys" 3-year-old Sammy probably does look like the next Bruce Lee.:rolleyes:

Oso
07-02-2003, 07:52 PM
So, other than mobiles, what else piszes you off?

uhh, you ?!?

just kidding, but the door was at least a little cracked...

joedoe
07-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Oso

uhh, you ?!?

just kidding, but the door was at least a little cracked...

I was going to say "People who post threads about what pizzes you off" but I didn't want to upset Serp :D

Serpent
07-02-2003, 08:12 PM
You know what piszes me off the most?

Smart-ass sonsabeotches like Oso and joedoe!

;)

Chang Style Novice
07-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Becca - have you ever met an online person called "Crabgrass Baby"?

Becca
07-02-2003, 08:21 PM
CSN- No. Does he/she have an annoying co-worker, too?

quiet man
07-03-2003, 12:21 AM
CSN - kool Krazy Kat avatar.

Serpent
07-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by quiet man
CSN - kool Krazy Kat avatar.

That's not a Krazy Kat - that's a peanut hitch-hiking.

Isn't it?

quiet man
07-03-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Serpent

That's not a Krazy Kat - that's a peanut hitch-hiking.

Isn't it?

Serpent, that is clearly Ignatz. See here (http://www.krazy.com/coconino.htm).

Now come here so I can smack you in the face. Really hard. Once. :D

Yung Apprentice
07-03-2003, 03:23 AM
LMAO!!!! :D

Chang Style Novice
07-03-2003, 07:41 AM
Becca - Crabgrass is the online equivalent of your co-worker.

And yes, Quietman, that's Ignatz alright! I've occassionally given some thought to having him tattooed on my right forearm, and Krazy tattooed on my right, getting hit with a brick. Then when I cross my arms, it would show the whole scene. In the interest of consistency, I'd need Offisa Pup put someplace, and probably a crescent moon, too.

Which brings me to another thing that annoys me - people who get tattooed to seem unique and different, but all their tattoos are that generic 'tribal' cr@p that all looks the same. And anyway, what tribe are these 'tribal' designs supposed to be from. I've never seen anything much like 'em until about five years ago, when suddenly every pothead whiteboy or girl with artificial dreadlocks and terrible personal hygiene suddenly seemed to grow them overnight. Dumb@ss conformist bozos.

dezhen2001
07-03-2003, 07:43 AM
CSN: just to add to that - tatoos with "chinese writing" either a) having no real idea what it means ("oh yeh - it means smile, or harmony.."), or it not even actually being chinese :rolleyes:

dawood

Chang Style Novice
07-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Or better yet their name transliterated into gibberish:

"Orange Press Hand? What's that supposed to be?"

"Am An Da - Amanda!"*

"Idiot."

* just a hypothetical example - I don't know what Am might actually mean.

Oso
07-03-2003, 07:47 AM
hippies...I hate hippies...

...and all the chicas with the triangular bit in the small of their back...like they'd actually let you see it in action...

dezhen2001
07-03-2003, 07:59 AM
chicas are cool :D

dawood

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-03-2003, 08:24 AM
having no life cerial and stupid commercials that make you think strawberries float around in cereal and actually taste good with cheerios.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-03-2003, 08:25 AM
and not knowing what the fu ck a chica is.

rubthebuddha
07-03-2003, 08:45 AM
chica is like the spanish equivalent to the word chick. however, if i call someone a chick, it's general and i may or may not like her. if i call someone a chica, i already know her and think she's coo.

i'm sick and tired of working. i wanna be independently wealthy so i can train and play civ3 all day.

Chang Style Novice
07-03-2003, 08:49 AM
This is your idea of working?

dezhen2001
07-03-2003, 10:12 AM
civ3 = call to power? if so i just got it for my Mac and now know why you like it so much rtb :)

dawood

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-03-2003, 11:37 AM
.... and mac users.

norther practitioner
07-03-2003, 11:44 AM
You shouldn't sit there and use the phone all the time just because you can.

You have no idea....

MA related:
I hate when some friends are play fighting and they tell me to go get the other guy.

I hate when my friends are looking for someone who owes them money for whatever reason and thinks I should come along "just in case"

I hate that people think you are a good fighter because you practice a martial art.

I hate getting introduced to that one guy at a party who has a friend who studied TKD for a week in the sixth grade (and thinks they know anything about the arts).

I hate trying to get my splits

I hate getting kicked in the head by my teacher when we are sparring.

Cell phones:
I hate most rings

I hate that guy who thinks that there phone is actually a stat. symbol...

I hate people who forget to turn off there ringers in meetings, and I hate the people who pick up the phone during the ****ing meeting to say, "I'll call you back, I'm in a meeting," even more. Thats what the dam n voice mail is for.. to tell them that you can't get to your phone.

I hate people who randomly ask me if they can use my phone when I'm walking down the street.

rant over... it is a rant thread however...

FatherDog
07-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Which brings me to another thing that annoys me - people who get tattooed to seem unique and different, but all their tattoos are that generic 'tribal' cr@p that all looks the same. And anyway, what tribe are these 'tribal' designs supposed to be from. I've never seen anything much like 'em until about five years ago, when suddenly every pothead whiteboy or girl with artificial dreadlocks and terrible personal hygiene suddenly seemed to grow them overnight. Dumb@ss conformist bozos.

I actually think tribal tattoos (which are modeled on Maori tribal markings, iirc) are really cool looking. Which makes it that much more irritating that they've gotten so trendy.

Note that I don't actually have any tattoos. That would mean taking time off training. :D

Chang Style Novice
07-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Maori stuff is considerably more fine-lined and intricate than the "tribal" stuff I'm talking about, plus it doesn't have the 'flametrick' pointed curves look.

Compare and contrast -
Tribal Fantasy insect design. (http://members.lycos.nl/nikytta/fantasyinsect.gif)
Traditional Maori facial tattoo (http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~tonyf/explore/maori.jpg)

But hey, strokes and folks. You know? I don't have tattoos (or piercings for that matter) myself because

a - they cost money, which I ain't got much of
b - I don't like needles at all

dezhen2001
07-03-2003, 12:10 PM
FatherDog: agree with you, they can look cool if well done, and i like tribal art. But again, trendy doesnt always equal good :)

NC: agree with you on most points actually... just remember to breathe :D

dawood

joedoe
07-03-2003, 05:19 PM
What I find funny is when people get the Maori patterns tattooed and don't realise how much crap it could land them in. Maoris do not take tribal stuff lightly (it often has deep spiritual significance to them) and will sort you out if you use them without permission. I have even heard of death threats being issued for people doing a haka without permission.

Becca
07-03-2003, 08:50 PM
I hate people who forget to turn off there ringers in meetings, and I hate the people who pick up the phone during the ****ing meeting to say, "I'll call you back, I'm in a meeting," even more. Thats what the dam n voice mail is for.. to tell them that you can't get to your phone.

How 'bout the newb that leaves their cell on durring class... Sifu was pizzed big time, I understand.:(

Tats ar cool. I have two, one I love and one I hide. Never get a tat while drunk.:( The one I love is great and is very orriginal for a woman. A few freind sared me to get a tat of a naked lady in a visable place. It could be anything I wanted. So I got Jane Wayne (Marine Corps version of GI Jane) I had the tattoo artist put a camo mesh over her chest, so It wouldn't be as obvious, though.

rogue
07-03-2003, 08:58 PM
"Combat" instructors wearing BDUs, swat boots or paramilitary clothing. Especially if they've never served.

Vash
07-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Argh. I hate reoccurring injuries. I twisted the wrong way tonight, and had to bow out. Frikkin rib feels like it did the day after I ****ing got it broke.

****ity **** ****!

Oh, and cell ringers w/voices (ie; Hello, Answer the Phone).

quiet man
07-04-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
CSN: just to add to that - tatoos with "chinese writing" either a) having no real idea what it means ("oh yeh - it means smile, or harmony.."), or it not even actually being chinese :rolleyes:

dawood

You guys heard that urban legend about some guy who went into a chinese tattoo parlour wanting to get his name in chinese symbols and came out with "I'm a kung fu master" on his forearm?

Kristoffer
07-04-2003, 05:26 AM
Could be worse.. "Noodle Soup 5 yuen"

chen zhen
07-04-2003, 05:31 AM
"say it loud, i'm gay & I'm proud" would be a worse tattoo.:cool: