PDA

View Full Version : River City Ransom EX

Nick8stepPM
07-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Atlus brings River City Ransom EX to GBA

Atlus revealed as part of their E3 exhibition that they will be publishing an enhanced version of the Nintendo Entertainment System cult classic, River City Ransom, on the Game Boy Advance.

That should be great when i comes out i think, since i am a fan of RCR and Super dodgeball, and the Nekketsu Series. Till then i will have to settle for playing Shin Nekketsu Kouha: Kunio Tachi no Banka, and Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun on the Super Famicom, with my Snes emulator. Who knows maybe the rest of the Nekketsu games will finnaly get here, as there were orignially suppossed to.

Nick

Former castleva
07-04-2003, 03:57 PM
That would be great (for those who have GBA)
It´s truly a classic.

Too bad there never was a version of RCR 2 out,outside of Japan.

Shaolinlueb
07-04-2003, 09:02 PM
****. i want a gamecube version :(

Nick8stepPM
07-04-2003, 09:14 PM
ATLUS U.S.A., INC. SET TO RELEASE RIVER CITY RANSOM EX ON THE NINTENDO GAME BOY ADVANCE

A cult-classic is reborn!

Irvine, CA, May 14, 2002 - Atlus U.S.A., Inc., today announced its plans to publish an enhanced version of the cult-classic NES game, River City Ransom EX for the Game Boy® Advance. River City Ransom was and still is a truly unique experience which blends a significant amount of action, fighting and role playing elements into one game.

Story:
Panic strikes River City!

"To the citizens of River City: I hold your high school captive! With my gangs of students and vicious bosses roaming the streets, nobody can stop me now! Meet my demands - or else!"

Slick, the meanest, most powerful gang lord in River City, has issued this ultimatum - and the entire town is powerless in a grip of fear!

Fortunately, Alex and Ryan weren't in school the day Slick took it over. But now, their fellow students are prisoners - including Ryan's girlfriend! It's up to our two young heroes to battle their way past several dangerous city gangs, then defeat the gang lord to free the students of River City High and restore peace to the panic-stricken populace!

"With its unique character building system and customization, River City Ransom EX truly is the 'RPG of side-scrolling fighting games,'" said Akibo Shieh, Project Lead, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. "We are bringing to life a videogame classic to the Game Boy Advance and we look forward to developing other titles based on this awesome franchise."

Features:

· Features two different game modes: Story Mode (story-driven, one or two player cooperative mode); 2 player Battle Mode (Take your customized character against another player)

· Buy items to increase your stats and learn powerful techniques.

· Dynamic story mode allows events to take place as you progress through the game, allowing you to gather clues, make or break friendships, earn items/techniques, and much more!

· Special link mode allows you to use one Game Boy Advance for actual gameplay and another to display the status screen and watch how your NPCs are doing.

· Depending on the things you do when playing the story mode, or how your friend plays against you in battle mode, you can save the gameplay style and create a computer-controlled AI character. By exchanging data, you can fight against another player’s custom AI character.

· Customize the game any way you want! Change your character status, techniques, background music. Save your customized data and exchange it with another person.

River City Ransom EX has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, visit the official Atlus web site at www.atlus.com.

© 2003 ATLUS © MILLION

I think the japanese NES version Downtown Nekketsu Montogatari is way better though than the orignal river city ransom but the original is very good too i enjoy both but i like the jap version more because it is about Kunio-kun, but yeah should have RCREX in Winter of 2003. Wonder if they will release it with the original Jap Sprites or the River City Ransom Sprites.

Nick

Shaolinlueb
07-10-2003, 08:44 PM
this thread is worthless without pics. :o :p :D

Nick8stepPM
07-10-2003, 09:58 PM
You want pics, buy it when it comes out in November.:mad:

Shaolinlueb
07-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Nick8stepPM
You want pics, buy it when it comes out in November.:mad:

now I can play it on my gamecube :cool: it might be worth it :D