PDA

View Full Version : A good Wing Chun Forum

FIRE HAWK
07-03-2003, 07:40 PM
http://www.yongchunguan.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

RedSkaNite
07-03-2003, 07:44 PM
18 total topics. Riveting.

I don't understand why they made so many different forums. It isn't like they need to spread them out yet.

John Weiland
07-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by RedSkaNite
18 total topics. Riveting.

I don't understand why they made so many different forums. It isn't like they need to spread them out yet.
The site is organized geographically so that folks can make contacts and arrange to get together in their local area or areas they are visiting.

It's new. In time it will grow.

Regards,

Redd
07-03-2003, 11:25 PM
It appears to be a fight list not a visit list. Checkout the rules at http://www.yongchunguan.com/meetingrules.html. So much for no surprises.

yuanfen
07-04-2003, 06:43 AM
I presume that you all are talking about Mustafa's site which has many parts. In the pictures section there are some nice pics of Mustafa and Phil Redmond from their May visit.

kj
07-04-2003, 08:22 AM
The homepage URL is: http://www.yongchunguan.com

Nice photos, BTW. Glad Mustafa and Phil were able to meet up.

Regards,
- kj

MustafaUcozler
07-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the publicity everyone. :)

@redd

It is NOT a fight list. First of all, as Joy pointed out...there are many sections on my website. NONE of them condones people getting together and brawling. You can ask some people who met me if it ever ended up in a brawl...LOL...

I am trying to promote one on one and/or group meetings between people. That's partly what the discussion boards on my website are for. I want people to get together, expand their horizons and find training partners close to where they live.

SEPARATE from that....I am planning on conducting so called "Realistic Practice Meetings", where, under CONTROLLED conditions people can practice the fighting aspects of Wing Chun such as timing, footwork, sensitivity under stress conditions where one could actually get hit and feel some pain. This does NOT mean that it will be another UFC or even anything close to it. It is still PRACTICE. Later on other martial arts stylists would be invited for further TRAINING.

Anyway...that is just ONE part of my website and only for people who feel comfortable with it. That's all...just trying to avoid some misunderstandings.

Oh yes...the discussion forums are relatively new, hence the lack of activity on them....with time they will grow and hopefully will be a hub of exchange in the future.

Regards,
Mustafa

Phenix
07-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by FIRE HAWK
http://www.yongchunguan.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Hi Mustafa,

Great!

burnsypoo
07-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey Mustafa, you and bob refer to some punching videos in the forum, are they in the website somewhere?

kj
07-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by MustafaUcozler
I am trying to promote one on one and/or group meetings between people. That's partly what the discussion boards on my website are for. I want people to get together, expand their horizons and find training partners close to where they live.

SEPARATE from that....I am planning on conducting so called "Realistic Practice Meetings", where, under CONTROLLED conditions people can practice the fighting aspects of Wing Chun such as timing, footwork, sensitivity under stress conditions where one could actually get hit and feel some pain. This does NOT mean that it will be another UFC or even anything close to it. It is still PRACTICE. Later on other martial arts stylists would be invited for further TRAINING.

Hi Mustafa. That is a good and important clarification. You might want to rethink how that information is presented on your website to eliminate any potential confusion or misunderstanding about the pre-defined "Realistic Practice Meetings" versus the intent of the Meeting Forums.

We even pulled our group's initial entry off your site after you posted the rules, to ensure there was no misunderstanding about our own personal invitation to visitors. Others may misunderstand the intent of the Meeting sections on the forum as well.

We very much enjoy getting together with other Wing Chun people, on our own terms of course, and I think your efforts to help people connect are terrific.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

MustafaUcozler
07-04-2003, 11:19 AM
@Hendrik

Thanks! Any chance you are going to be in New York City anytime soon?

@KJ

I did not realize that the Realistic Practice Meeting rules would cause confusion. Thanks for pointing it out. I put a little bit of an explanation right on the front page of my website to avoid future confusion. By the way...I did not realize that you deleted your entry from the New York section. You better put it back in then....hehe.

Mustafa

Alpha Dog
07-05-2003, 05:26 AM
If so, please post it ASAP!