Serpent
07-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Don't let the propoganda scare you
Don't let complacency kill you

Have fun!

:)

David Jamieson
07-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Clearly you live in some "other" time zone serpent. hahahaha.

Just couldn't wait for it could ya.

Oh well, happ independence day, a day early our southern bros.

cheers, peace and remember, throw the firecracker away from you or it's no Bil Jee again for you...ever.

joedoe
07-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Happy Independence Day.

BTW Kung Lek, we can't help it if we are ahead of the rest of the world :D.

Serpent
07-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Yeah. It's already after lunch over here! We're so far ahead of you guys that we're going to bed already when you're just getting up for breakfast. That could be an anology for everything too, not just time! Mwaahaahaahaaa! :cool:

Anyhooooo. Have a good day.

Try to think what it means to you to be American on this day (not you Kung Lek, ya Canuck!) and try to think what you want America to be in the world. Not what Bush wants you to be. ;)

Budokan
07-03-2002, 08:25 PM
Happy Independence Day! Hooray! We don't have to drink tea and eat crumpets in the afternoon! Instead, we can drink a six pack of warm Bud and slap our wives around while we contemplate our miserable existence in the confines of our trailers with a rusted out '57 Chevy sitting on blocks in the front yard and a passle of porch monkeys grubbing in the dirt while we clean our guns and French kiss our hound dogs.

Man, it's cool to be an American.:p

Mr Punch
07-03-2002, 08:29 PM

Serpent
07-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Budokan, I now know far more about you than I ever wanted to!

:eek:

MDK Tiger
07-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Well I prefer a cold Bud to warm ones, here's to America, 57 Chevys, and hound dogs! Uh, maybe that should be hot dogs. :D

God bless the US of A!!
And the rest of you too!!!

Asia
07-03-2002, 10:27 PM
I remember a couple of years back when SKY ONE (british TV station) was having a Independence Day special. I was like, WHY? The Brits want a reminder of the time when one of there COLONIES broke away KICKED THEIR BUTT and became the BIGGEST KID ON THE BLOCK!!!:D :D :D

(Yes ASIA the world's source on strengthing foreign relations. You should have caught my speech on Germany and the US take III during the World Cup, Good thing most of the guys here have a since of humor. I hate beating down humorless pple!)

Serpent
07-03-2002, 10:36 PM
You mean: broke away and became a god-forsaken mutant retard!

Asia
07-03-2002, 10:44 PM
You mean: broke away and became a god-forsaken mutant retard!

Yeah but it is a mutant retard that can kick ass!!!!:p

Serpent
07-03-2002, 10:57 PM
LOL

That just makes it scarier!

:D

wushu chik
07-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Happy 4th of July all! Hope you have a wonderful day!

~Wen~

dezhen2001
07-04-2002, 03:07 AM
Happy Holiday to y'all
have a great day!

david

rogue
07-04-2002, 06:57 AM
A friend who's a Brit living over here just had his annual July 3'rd "We gave it away" party.:D Great fun!

dezhen2001
07-04-2002, 06:58 AM
LOL! sounds like a blast :D

david

old jong
07-04-2002, 07:01 AM
From one of your neighboors up north!...;) :)

ewallace
07-04-2002, 07:34 AM
ya thank ya :)

Give me a fish and I can eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I can drop M80's in their mouth when I catch them and I can be entertained for life.

guohuen
07-04-2002, 08:17 AM
Bugger off! I have to work today.

guohuen
07-04-2002, 08:19 AM
Bugger off! I have to work today.

The Willow Sword
07-04-2002, 08:21 AM
WANT TO WISH ALL OF YOU OUT THERE A MERRY 4TH OF JULY.

LET US ALL REFLECT AS TO WHAT WE ORIGINALLY WANTED TO ACHIEVE WHEN WE CAME TO THIS COUNTRY. EVEN THOUGH IT DID NOT TURN OUT THE WAY THAT WE WANTED IT TO WE STILL HAVE MANAGED TO CREATE FOR OURSELVES A DECENT COUNTRY DESPITE THE PIRACY UTILIZED TO CREATE IT. I WISH TO EXTEND A FORMAL APOLOGY TO THE NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBES FOR THE INCURSIONS AND THE BROKEN TREATIES. PLEASE FIND IT IN YOUR HEARTS TO FORGIVE OUR ANCESTORS AND MAKE FOR PEACE AND RECONCILIATION OF THE OLD WAYS TO THE NEW.

THIS IS A GREAT COUNTRY, AND DESPITE WHAT THE MIDDLE EAST SAYS ABOUT US WE STILL ARE GREAT AND WILL CONTINUE TO STRIVE FOR JUSTICE AND INDEPENDANCE AND FREEDOM IN THE WORLD.

PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL. MANY RESPECTS,,,THE WILLOW SWORD

Budokan
07-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Kee-rist, give it a rest, will ya? That idealistic claptrap is enough to even make a hoary old liberal like myself upchuck.:rolleyes:

Mr Punch
07-04-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm sure all the native Americans on the board would like to take this opportunity to stand up and say a big thank you to Willow Sword for his benificence. Hell it may be three hundred years too late but it's better than those stinking Nips (IRONY).

But hang on: now I'm confused, wasn't it us Brits who started all that crap?? Well in that case, I'd like to offer the native Americans a sincere (LIE) apology for not inviting them to join the Commonwealth, and hell, personally inviting them to live in the greatest state in the world, One Nation Under God and all that, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland... oh no, wait again... I really am confused, what was it you non-native Americans were breaking away from again? Oh yes, tyranny, despotic puritanical one-sided knee-jerk regimes... er taxes, er, small fields, er, crumpets...

Maybe, Willow Sword, you'd better start apologising to the next few future generations for your kids, and your kids' kids...

Happy Independance Day (SINCERELY).

Please for goodness sake DON'T remember what it was for...

(ducks with a fat grin)

tsunami surfer
07-05-2002, 12:01 AM
hey willow. when You donate your house and 25% of your yearly gross pay to the nearest indian pueblo to you maybe I'll start believing the politically correct crap your pushing

kungfu cowboy
07-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Man, you guys shouldn't jump all over Willow! It really does suck how some things happen! from the beginning of America to a kill in the Serengeti, to Burt Reynolds hairpiece. But you can still express genuine remorse that such things have happened, and sincerely want to move forward. What other choice is there?

LOL@Mat!

joedoe
07-05-2002, 12:12 AM
We have a similar issue here surrounding the Australian Aborigines. My view is that unless we acknowledge that a wrong was done, then the old wounds will never be healed. By the same token, once the acknowledgements and apologies have been made, all parties should then let go of the issue and look forwards instead of back.

kungfu cowboy
07-05-2002, 12:19 AM
Especially in cases where both parties originally concerned are long dead and those alive have absolutely no direct responsibily for those events.

( I think this extends to government too. The people who work in these jobs were neither alive then or directly responsible.)

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-05-2002, 08:47 AM
down with injuns! down with injuns!

fu cking savages deserved everything they got. if they hadn't been running around acting like a bunch of dirty hippies they wouldn't have gotten fu cked so hard.

KC Elbows
07-05-2002, 09:41 AM
In keeping with the new Serpent driven ammended 4th of July As a Day of Atonement For Anyone Who Has Ever Been Wronged Under The Oppressive Weight of The Man, I would like to apologize To O.J. Simpson for all that flack we gave him. After all, Mr. Von Bulow killed his wife with less than half the resultant press time devoted to it, and that, my friend, is racism.

Also, I would like to extend my sincerest regards to everyone who ever saw Lenny Bruce, as that kind of profanity was just wrong at the time, and should have been left to modern day amateurs like Dice Clay and Sam Kinneson. Sure, we managed to kill the b@st@rd, but he did say c0cksucker a whole bunch of times before we did it, so we'll make sure to do it quicker next time.

In addition, I'd like to also apologize to all the indigenous peoples of the americas for taking over your land and giving you tv dinners in return. That was wrong. TV dinners suck, and we know that now. As a show of my sorrow and regret, please take your whole tribe out to the Olive Garden and treat yourself. Just send the bill to KFO, c/o Gene Ching.

I'd also like to apologize to the entire religious right for not fitting God in government enough. Especially since serp just called us godless. From here on out, it's god this and god that with me. After all, the founding fathers were all good christian men, unless we're counting the influential ones, and anyway, does this need to turn into a history lesson?

Anyway, happy fourth of july, but temper your happiness with a good dose of remorse, and remember to have a good crying jag.

And to the rest of the world, our sincerest apologies for whatever underhanded things we were doing that may or may not have interfered with your underhanded things, after all, we were clearly wrong.

And let's all just get along. Or we'll call the cops. Oh wait, we ARE the cops.

Sorry about that, too. Just try not to mess with us too much on a day that we're launching rockets anyway. Just bad timing, really.

By the way, Serpent, happy Day of Smug Posturing.:p Just kidding.

:D :p :D :eek:

Yung Apprentice
07-04-2003, 02:04 AM
Happy 4th of July!!!

I'm celebrating, with some BBQ, beer, and fireworks!

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!!!!

jun_erh
07-04-2003, 05:32 AM
General George S. Patton, Jr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A General Talks to His Army

"Now I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. ALL REAL Americans, love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers . . . Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in Hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious *******s who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post, don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating. Now we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know . . . My God, I actually pity those poor *******s we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the *******s, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun *******s by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything, we'll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War Two?" You won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana." Alright now, you sons of *****es, you know how I feel. Oh! . . . I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all."
3rd Army speech

England, 31 May 1944

6th Armored Division

Becca
07-04-2003, 05:39 AM
I'm going to got see if I can top off last year's sunburn at one of the local resiviors. ;) :p

chen zhen
07-04-2003, 05:40 AM
There's already a thread about the 4th of July.:cool:

TigerJaw
07-04-2003, 05:46 AM
See if we care, we didn't want the place anyway. Too big and you can't get a decent cup of tea.

Seriously, happy fourth. My wifes parents are coming over from Texas tomorow for American BBQ and English beer. It's better that way round, trust me.

Becca
07-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Ok, then... Have a Happy non-holidy Friday July 4th to all you who aren't celebratingand watching fireworks. I say this because you all can still BBQ, get drunk/sunburnt and generally enjoy the week end.

D@mn Limeys. :eek: :D

David Jamieson
07-04-2003, 06:28 AM
happy I day you murcans.

have some pie, kiss yer mom and go with the bourbon, it's way better than what you think is beer down there :D

cheers

TigerJaw
07-04-2003, 06:36 AM
My Dad thinks that Bourbon tastes like cheap brandy. I haven't informed my American relatives of his oppinion.

Last year, my Wife forgot to celebrate it. How can you forget when it is? The clue's in the name.

Surferdude
07-04-2003, 06:45 AM
Ditto:D

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 06:58 AM
south brazilian bbq is most best

TonyM.
07-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Was that mercans or merkins?:D

Chang Style Novice
07-04-2003, 10:15 AM
The US flag gets a C+ (http://ahpc-jp30.st-and.ac.uk/~josh/flags/intro.html)

David Jamieson
07-04-2003, 10:44 AM
And Canada got an A- !

I seriously don't understand the methodology, but I do agree on some of the uglier flags :D lol that site was pretty good.

cheers

Surferdude
07-04-2003, 10:48 AM
How the hell does Slovakia beat us???:confused:
Come on they eat jellied meat there!!!:eek:

chen zhen
07-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Happy 4th of July, yankee motherf*ckers.;)

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 11:37 AM
i have the most amazing idea for profitable bussiness in Iraq and other cool/hip countries...

its the "4th of July International Celebration Kit" :)
also known as the "4JICK"

It will sold be in 3 types:

The "Taken Hussein Palace" type, for sophisticated customers;
its package includes:
- 1 big ass american flag
- 1/2 galloon of alcohol
- 1 Zippo lighter

The "Bombed Supermarket" type, for the common customers;
its package includes:
- 1 medium american flag
- 1/4 gallon of alcohol
- 1 crappy lighter

The "Bombed Modest House" type, for the really poor dudes;
its package includes:
- 1 small american flag
- 1 cheap alcohol drink... to drink
- 1 matchbox - including 2 matches inside!!!

but... WAAAAAAIT!!!!
With the acquisition of any of this 3 kits you get the all exclusive:
the ANGRY MERICAN SOLDIER REPRESSION FLYING BULLET :)

Its finally time i get to make $$$$$$$$

YAY!!! :D

PHILBERT
07-04-2003, 12:00 PM
I have to work tonight. Gonna miss the fireworks again (2nd year straight) though I doubt I'll be there late. Once it gets dark no one is going to go out to eat.

Yung Apprentice
07-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Chen Zhen- I made this thread at midnight last night, and it was the only one up.

Xeball- Please no jokes today.

old jong
07-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Happy 4th of July
Have a good time and find some mass destruction weapons. ;) :D

chen zhen
07-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Oh. I just saw Jun Erh's first, and it was him I said it to.
Why do you bring it up?

Yung Apprentice
07-04-2003, 05:52 PM
No reason, not being a punk or attacking you. No bad intentions or anything. :)

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Yung Apprentice
Xeball- Please no jokes today.

why the hell not?!?

Yung Apprentice
07-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Sorry, I was cranky when I wrote that!:D

By all means, joke away!!!!:D

PHILBERT
07-04-2003, 08:25 PM
A couple of beautiful young ladies came in tonight, around 18-20 years old (my age) and I got the table. Turns out they work for the same company as me, but on the North side of town (mine being on the South side of town). So I got them half off there food (employee discount) and the bill was $7.41. She left me $22 for a tip. And told me to come visit her restaurant. Now I gotta go there and get her number.

Fen
07-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Happy 4th of July to all ! Please Drive Careful and be safe!

~Jason
:cool:

jun_erh
07-04-2004, 06:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A General Talks to His Army

"Now I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. ALL REAL Americans, love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers . . . Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in Hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious *******s who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post, don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating. Now we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know . . . My God, I actually pity those poor *******s we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the *******s, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun *******s by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything, we'll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War Two?" You won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana." Alright now, you sons of *****es, you know how I feel. Oh! . . . I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all."
3rd Army speech

England, 31 May 1944

6th Armored Division

David Jamieson
07-04-2004, 07:35 AM
HOpe your independence day is fun and safe!

kegger!!!!

steaks!

bar-b-Q!

Fireworks!

Happy I-day Americans

SPJ
07-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Rebuilding of the Towers in NYC.

Happy B-day, America.

The land of liberty and home of the brave.

Meat Shake
07-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Yes.
Liquor, fireworks, and a fine cuban cigar at the lake to celebrate my independance.
Happy 4th everyone.
(If you guys want to know what 4th of july is supposed to be like... go to texas. Its rowdy here today.)

;)

David Jamieson
07-04-2004, 07:33 PM
(If you guys want to know what 4th of july is supposed to be like... go to texas. Its rowdy here today.)

and how does this make it different from any other day in texas? :p

Meat Shake
07-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
and how does this make it different from any other day in texas? :p

Even more rowdy than normal if thats believable.

PaiLumDreamer
07-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah. Texas is insane :D.

GeneChing
07-03-2017, 03:48 PM
To be truly American, here's something commercial.
Get 15% off sitewide at MartialArtsMart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.com/) with the coupon code: july15
Offer ends July 4th midnite EST.

David Jamieson
07-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Happy 4th Americans!

GeneChing
07-04-2017, 11:26 AM
In the Spirit of '76, check this out.

WASHINGTON'S SWORDS (http://www.mountvernon.org/preservation/collections-holdings/washingtons-swords)

As military weapons or fashionable accessories, swords were always at George Washington's side.

Below you will find some of the most remarkable swords in George Washington's collection. Either in his hand or at his hip these swords witnessed some of the most important events in our nation's founding.

INTERVIEW
Washington and his Swords
Erik Goldstein, author of The Swords of George Washington, explores the artistry and history of Washington's swords.READ MORE

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/47c_w-82_pommel.jpg
The 1753 Silver-Hilted Smallsword
George Washington carried this sword throughout his French & Indian War campaigns.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/20071210_mv_w-84-4.jpg
The 1767 Silver-Hilted Smallsword
One of Washington's most beautiful swords, this sword appears in many famous Washington paintings.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/mowbray-sword-image-page-27-2.jpg
The Silver Lion-Headed Cuttoe
Washington acquired this stylish cuttoe with the lion's head just prior to the start of the Revolutionary War.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/bailey-silver-diagonal-smithsonian.jpg
The Bailey Silver & Ivory-Hilted Cuttoe
Washington carried this famous sword throughout the final years of the American Revolution.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/618_g1.jpg
The Model 1767 French Officer's Epée
General Washington may have received this sword as a gift from the Marquis de Lafayette.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/p-70.jpg
The Steel-Hilted Smallsword
Worn on the hip of President Washington, this sword witnessed many of the young nation's greatest events.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/pages/p-95.jpg
The Alte Presentation Broadsword
Washington received this decorative sword during his second term as President of the United States.

New Book: The Swords of George Washington (http://shops.mountvernon.org/the-swords-of-george-washington.html)

For the first time, every one of Washington's known swords is presented in brilliant color with the story of each weapon told in vivid detail from the colonial era to the present day.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/resources/washingtonswords-book.png

GeneChing
07-05-2017, 07:42 AM
The Fourth of July, made in China (https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/3/15915266/fourth-of-july-made-in-china)
How Chinese manufacturers profit off fireworks, grills, and flag sales.
Updated by Ruairí Arrieta-Kenna@ruairiakruairi@vox.com Jul 3, 2017, 1:30pm EDT

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_UWUOSwN2axzZ_O6asZD9HhjW7A=/179x373:5616x3092/920x613/filters:focal(2853x1081:3751x1979):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55557845/pexels_photo.0.jpg

The Fourth of July is an economic boom of a holiday — for China.

Ever since the first commemoration of Independence Day, Americans have celebrated with bombs bursting in air. But what started in 1777 with the firing of 13 rockets into the sky in Philadelphia has evolved into a tradition celebrated across the continent with grander and more expensive spectacles. No one benefits more from that than Chinese manufacturers.

The American Pyrotechnics Association reported in 2013 that 93 percent of fireworks used in the United States are made in China. It’s not surprising, then, that the US runs a substantial trade deficit with China with regards to fireworks. A Census Bureau report published on Friday suggests Americans imported more than $300 million worth of fireworks last year (96 percent of which came from China), while exports totaled only about $10 million.

Chinese companies clean up on your cookout, too. The Fourth of July is the most popular day of the year for Americans to cook outdoors, and a 2015 Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association survey showed that there’s still high consumer interest in purchasing new outdoor grills each year. The LA Times estimated in 2016 that the outdoor grill industry consistently rakes in more than a billion dollars in sales each year in the United States. But last year, IBISWorld reported that imports now make up the majority of outdoor grill sales in the United States, and Consumer Reports suggests that most are, in fact, made in China. Even Weber-Stephen, one of the oldest American grill companies, has moved production for a 2017 model of one of its popular lines of outdoor grills to China.

Even new American flags — in a small way — benefit Chinese manufacturers. April, May, and June are the busiest months for flag sales, which makes sense since Memorial Day and Independence Day are the most popular times to fly the Stars and Stripes. But while today the United States is a net exporter of the flag (a positive change from three years ago), America still imports $5.4 million worth of its own banner, with the vast majority of these imported flags ($5.3 million) coming from China.

While “Made in the USA” makes for a popular slogan, American consumers have repeatedly proven that what matters most is getting a good price. That often means buying from China. Even Donald Trump, who preached “Buy American” on the campaign trail, in his inauguration speech, in his February address to Congress, and in a recent, mostly symbolic executive order, found it difficult to buy all American for his first White House congressional picnic a couple of weeks ago.

Food for that picnic was grilled over imported coals — not from China, but from Mexico.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC9bakLWAAEivxP.jpg
View image on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/878020966940651520/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vox.com%2Fpolicy-and-politics%2F2017%2F7%2F3%2F15915266%2Ffourth-of-july-made-in-china)
Follow
Jonathan Lemire ✔ @JonLemire
The charcoal at the White House for apparent use at tonight's Congressional picnic is a product of Mexico
3:44 PM - 22 Jun 2017
846 846 Retweets 1,444 1,444 likes

The 4th of July (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?23611-Happy-4th-of-July!) Made in China (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?66168-Made-in-China)

GeneChing
07-07-2017, 08:05 AM
...but not like these. :eek:

'Take over America': Shenzhen companies sent USD bills with faces of Chinese emperors for July 4th (http://shanghaiist.com/2017/07/04/take-over-america.php)
BY SHANGHAIIST IN ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT ON JUL 4, 2017 6:10 PM

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_shanghaiist/bills_table.jpg

Red envelopes containing real US banknotes with removable stickers featuring the faces of Chinese emperors were sent to 500 of the biggest companies in China including Lenovo, ZTE, Huawei, Haier, Oppo and more. This creative marketing stunt was a joint effort engineered by ITTIZ and Global from Asia, and was purposely sent out for maximum impact on the Fourth of July.

Following marketing agency ITTIZ's first campaign in April of last year, which impacted around 15 million people, this second campaign was undertaken with help from Global from Asia. Sean Davis, CEO of ITTIZ, said that considering the current state of globalization, pulling back inwards is not an option for China. His company believes that this campaign is a creative way to share the importance of marketing with Chinese companies by tying it directly with currency, revenues and overseas competition.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_shanghaiist/lenovo_zte.jpg

With support from Mike Michelini, CEO of Global from Asia, they wanted to create something that taught companies in Shenzhen the value of creativity and showcased the amount of creative spirit available in the city. They also wanted to demonstrate that Shenzhen has more to offer than just hardware innovation, and is also a hub for marketing, branding and design.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_shanghaiist/100_USD_ed.jpg

While each note is unique, they are all titled, "Are you ready to take over America?" Michelini, who has been in China for over 10 years, was surprised by the reception the campaign has received. After opening their envelopes, here's how some companies responded:

"It really puts into perspective the current state of global affairs and how the world is so quickly changing." -- Q. Shah, CEO, ATOM.

"Received the envelope and instantly thought that this will probably offend some people overseas, however we mainly see the comedic aspect of it." -- Enzo Wang, CEO, Jinzhouheng Electronics.

"Pretty excited to receive the red envelope. Who doesn't love lucky money?! Initial thought was confusion as I thought it was fake, but extra happy when I found out the sticker was peelable and money was real. Not your normal campaign. Ballsy." -- Ibby Azzam, CEO, Mazai Sourcing.

"We found the red envelopes to be quite humorous." -- Leo Chen, CEO, JUISIR.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_shanghaiist/chineseusd1.jpg

GeneChing
07-03-2018, 08:16 AM
4th of July Special! 20% OFF SITEWIDE! (http://www.martialartsmart.com/holiday-special.html) Use coupon code 'JULY4TH' at checkout. Expires July 5 midnight PST

http://images.martialartsmart.com/promo/MATT/_New-Buttons1_July-4-SpecialB.jpg

David Jamieson
07-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Once again, Happy Independence Day Americans! Treasonous though you may be. :D

GeneChing
07-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Celebrate Independence Day with 20% off at MartialArtsMart.com site-wide!
Use Coupon Code: 4THJULY

https://smhttp-ssl-73310.nexcesscdn.net/pub/media/wysiwyg/Independence-Day-Sale.jpg (https://www.martialartsmart.com/july-4th-sale)