PDA

View Full Version : best flash animation in a while

Shaolinlueb
07-04-2003, 12:37 PM
this cracked me up so much

animation (http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/dbz.html?)

dont know if this is a repost.

Surferdude
07-04-2003, 12:51 PM
WTF, what was that?? it happened so fast, and i got confused and their high pitched voices!!!:eek: :eek: :confused:

Shaolinlueb
07-04-2003, 09:01 PM
told ya it was good. :D

David Jamieson
07-05-2003, 02:47 PM
that was like a compressed version of every episode of yu gi oh ever...ever

:Dlol

shaolin kungfu
07-05-2003, 04:52 PM
No, that was the exact plot of dragonballz, the namek saga combined with the cell games.

David Jamieson
07-05-2003, 05:34 PM
ah, what's the diff :D

dragonball, pokemon, yu gi oh, they all have that same thin plot line.
So slim, it runs around in the shower to get wet.

cheers

Surferdude
07-06-2003, 08:35 AM
I wonder what would happen to you if you watched it high??:D :confused: :eek:

chen zhen
07-06-2003, 08:38 AM
When I click the link, a window with a black screen shows up, & nuddin happens. What's the deal?:confused:

Shaolinlueb
07-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by chen zhen
When I click the link, a window with a black screen shows up, & nuddin happens. What's the deal?:confused:

let it load up.

StickyHands
07-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
ah, what's the diff :D

dragonball, pokemon, yu gi oh, they all have that same thin plot line.
So slim, it runs around in the shower to get wet.

cheers

I resent that! Although I am former fan of Dragonball Z, but take that back! How can you compare that to the other junk? I mean it's not the creator's fault that you were abused and neglected to experience something great. LOL.

Shaolinlueb
07-10-2003, 01:07 PM
see, I like dragon ball z, and you cant compare yugi oh or pokemon to it. but dragon ball z is by far the best anime around like people claim.

Chang Style Novice
07-10-2003, 01:28 PM
DragonballZ is absolute garbage. Pure kiddie stuff. Miyazaki and Takahata are the anime masters.

Shaolinlueb
07-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
DragonballZ is absolute garbage. Pure kiddie stuff. Miyazaki and Takahata are the anime masters.

man i wish i knew creator names instead of just titles.

i hope your refering to "cowboy bebob' and "GTO: great teacher onizuka" those are my faves.

Chang Style Novice
07-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Sorry, but no. Miyazaki did "My Neighbor Totoro" "Princess Mononoke" "Spirited Away" "Kiki's Delivery Service" "Nausicaa" "Castle in the Sky" and so on.

Takahata is best known for "Grave of the Fireflies" and "My Neighbors the Yamadas" I'm a pretty artsy f@rtsy mofo, though. Power fantasies only go so far with me.

StickyHands
07-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Dude you cant compare Dragonball Z with Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away, the creators were linked to their own genre. So saying that is crap and that is not is simply overstating you preferred taste of anime. If you have any substantial cause why it's crap, please do tell. Otherwise there is a reason why DBZ is world renowned has massed so much popularity in synched in many generations. Spirited Away and Mononoke hardly lives up to DBZ's hype. So which is crap? Your opinion. lol.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When something pleases both the kiddie and teenage, as well as even some adult audiences, trust me, it' anything but crap or illusion of negativity.

David Jamieson
07-12-2003, 08:55 PM
what about the 'Dominion' series, Ghost in the Shell and Ninja scroll...wicked, wicked good anime.

and then there's miyazakis stuff which is visually stunning.

And Vampyre D was also pretty amazing stuff. Of course, this is all old stuff and since then, all the battle bots stuff is just stupid afaic. Or the card game shows designed to get kids to buy trading cards!

whatever happened to plot? story? character development? huh? what! I aks you!!!! :D

stupid japanime sucks now :( the good stuff is few and far between and there is a total saturation of saturday morning nonsense junk, blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

rant over:

cheers

Chang Style Novice
07-12-2003, 09:15 PM
stickyhands - sure I can compare Miyazaki and DBZ. I can compare anything I want, even apples and oranges. Oranges are better because they have an inedible peel. That means you can drop them and they aren't too dirty to eat, you just remove the peel and dig in, plus oranges don't bruise if you drop them. See?

That said, it's completely true that Miyazaki and DBZ are very different animals. But Miyazaki IMO, has real art, craft, thought and soul in his work, qualities totally missing from DBZ. Therefore, Catbus 03nZ Super Saiyan. And if you want to use the arguement that DBZ's popularity makes it superior, think again. The two most popular films in Japanese history are Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Why? Because they truly do have something for all ages, where DBZ only has something for kids and the developmentally arrested. It's dumb, greasy kids stuff made to sell toys and video games. If you like it, fine. What am I gonna do, give you t!tty twisters till you come around to my point of view? Seems unlikely. But time is on my side. You'll grow out of DBZ, I promise.

kunglek -

"whatever happened to plot? story? character development? huh? what! I aks you!!!! "

Nothin' happened to 'em. They're all right there in each and every Ghibli Studios production. But you knew that!

Shaolinlueb
07-12-2003, 10:13 PM
doH all those movies you mentioned by Miyazaki I have lol.
those are good movies but i think the ghibli stuff is overrated sometimes. i go for cowboy bebop, macross 7, some gundam, gto, and full metal panic sometimes.

www.automotivespecs.com/dvdlist.doc is my list.

and you're totally right about dragon ball z. plus you forgot it takes them 3/4 episodes to lead up to the fight even though its a stand off :rolleyes: then the fight takes another 4 episodes.

StickyHands
07-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Umm notice I said former fan. But needless to say, even if those movies are popular, in a real survey, not too many people know they exist, at least in the US. As for substance and plot in DBZ and how old this whole series is, and what audience it's intended for, lol, lets not humor you by getting into an argument, especially someone who has the limited knowlege from watching the mutilated episodes that's aired on Cartoon Network. But stuff like Yugioh or Pokemon, those aren't real animes, they are japanese cartoons for little kids, creates more spinoffs from one another, and are designed to sell cards, game, toys. When Akira Toriyama made Dragonball and Dragonball Z, as with any good anime, making toys wasnt his marketing scheme, it spew off much later, to at least keep the show going as long as it did. If I recall, the series was over 500 episodes. And ya, the elongation of multiple episodes for a big even fight, sometime created irritation, but what's the point of ending it all in one little, and all over, and.... nah u wouldnt get it, go back to watching G Gundam. LOL. Which was a joke. However, if you can recall, all the original and good Gundam series always had multitudes of episodes building up suspense and drama, leading to one big conflict and kick ass action, lead by minor destructions in each epsidoes. Umm what can I say, go back to riding on the dragon with the little girl from Spirited Away, it's much "tranquil" and "breathtaking."

Chang Style Novice
07-13-2003, 06:00 AM
"Umm notice I said former fan. "

Why, so you did! Your sentimental attachment to the greasy kid's stuff of your youth is duly noted. Heck, I still like Infra Man (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0073168):D

StickyHands
07-13-2003, 01:27 PM
And this is coming from the guy who loves Spirited Away? LOL. :D Whatever you say...

Chang Style Novice
07-13-2003, 03:18 PM
n.b. - not all movies suitable for kids are greasy kid's stuff. There's a world of difference between Barney the Purple Dinosaur and Alice in Wonderland. I bet you can guess where I think Spirited Away sits.

StickyHands
07-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Teletubbies? lol. It's good to see that you admitted that you watch kid's stuff. For a moment there, I thought you meant Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away were a bona fide rated R hollywood movie, with plot composed by Steven Spielberg. hehe.

Chang Style Novice
07-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Steven Spielberg is pretty much cr@p, too.

StickyHands
07-13-2003, 08:52 PM
*Yawn*

Chang Style Novice
07-14-2003, 07:06 AM
It's not my fault he sucks. Actually, I've heard he's improved lately, but after the earnest dullfests of Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List and Amistad, I stopped going to his movies. The story I hear is that with Catch Me if You Can he's doing fun kids stuff again, and that's really all he's capable of, so viva Jaws! Viva Close Encounters (okay, that's a little more than fun kids stuff)! Viva Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Shaolinlueb
07-14-2003, 01:43 PM
so um you guys like naruto? :D

Chang Style Novice
07-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Never heard of it, sorry.

Now on my way to google.

Shaolinlueb
07-16-2003, 06:43 AM
naruto is good stuff. there up to episode 40 in japan.