PDA

View Full Version : What are men good for (Serious)

PHILBERT
07-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I took up an offer from a female coworker, non lesbian, who asked me, what ARE men good for?

Now, NO sex involved, no reproduction, nothing like that. What good are men in this world? What can we provide for a woman that can not be provided on her own or by children? She gets love from her children, companionship, etc. So what are men good for? No sex involved.

She can change her own oil on her car, fixes her own car, takes out the garbage, RAISE THREE KIDS ON HER OWN, changes the light bulbs, kills the insects, etc. So what are men good for?

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 08:36 PM
A buncha things but...

For a beatch like that i would just answer:
To beat the women up!!!

Then proceed to beat the crap out of this men hatin lezbo!!
:D

PHILBERT
07-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Xebs, trust me on this, she'd woop half of our asses on this website.

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Hmm... dude, did you think of this:

NO sex involved, no reproduction, nothing like that. What good are wimmins in this world? What can they provide for a dude that can not be provided on his own or by his dog? He can get love from his dog, companionship, etc. So what are the wimmin good for? No sex involved

I can change my own oil on my car, fix my own car, take out the garbage, take care of the dog on my own, change the light bulbs, kill the insects, etc. So what are wimmins good for?

And what are kids good for?
OH MY THE PARADOX
And what is god good for?
OH MY THE PARADOX
And what is KFO good for?
OH MY THE PARADOX

Royal Dragon
07-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Your joking right? Men built the world. Women didn't do that, they are too emotional and wishy washy for any major leadership roles. Just look at Hillary, she's to emotionally attached to even dump Billy boy.

Heck, Women are too busy trying to get whats "Pretty", and not what's practical. Yeah, they may "Cook" the bacon, but it's us guys that bring it home. In fact, it's us guys that produce the Pigs that the Bacon comes from to begin with. INFACT!, it's MEN that establish, run, and manage the farms that raise the pigs that give us the bacon to bring home for the woman to cook.

You want to see real men in action?? Go to the floor of any stock, commodity, or optins exchage. Vertually all you see are men. With out those exchanges the economy would not function, grind to a hault and everyone would starve because there would be no fund hedging to fund the farm that grows the pig that gives us the bacon to bring home to the Woman for her to cook.

So you see, without men there would be no Bacon Cheesburgers, because there would be no bacon.

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 08:52 PM
THE PARADOX KILLED THE PEOPLE'S GODS

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Xebs, trust me on this, she'd woop half of our asses on this website.

you gonna have to excuse me if I, a 20 years old brazilian man, weighting 266 pounds at 6 feet 2 inches tall who trains xing yi and bjj (when not slacking) and currently in mind/body evolution find that hard to believe.

edit: daymn, none of my peeps online, so i keep posting like crazy on the forum, my fingers cant stop! they cant stop!

edit 2: dude, i dont mean to be offensive, but tell her that if she cant get a good answer to that own questioning of her on her own she might wanna start praticing licking carpets and bricks.

ZIM
07-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Well, since you are referring to gender differences, reproduction [not sex per se] must be considered. In an evolutionary sense, males are the expendables.

They carry half the genetic structure for any given offspring, and many advantages or disadvantages are carried through the male half, hence mutations tend to start there. I don't know if thats exactly "good", but it is needed. Mutation is evolution in action.

Anyway, who says we have to provide them with anything?? They always bother me to move their furniture around and then they never buy pizza!!!

The question involves gender ROLES not the value of males- and that is currently very fluid. Restate the question, please.

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 08:59 PM
i had seen on tv and read somewhere too that they had recently found that the male cromosoms thing of the humans actually do make some changes stuff, but i forgot the details of all that :D

ZIM
07-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Your joking right? Men built the world. Women didn't do that, they are too emotional and wishy washy for any major leadership roles. RD, right up until you got into the wishy-washy stuff, you were OK. Like it or not, history shows that the world [screwed up as it was by males AND females] became safe & stable enough through the efforts of males so that Ms. "I don't need a man" can now do whatever it is she does... And we don't complain all that much, either- we just want her to shut up. :)

PHILBERT
07-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Xebs, ok maybe not you. But she is one tough woman, and very good looking. If I were 26, Id try and sleep with her. She said to me earlier tonight "Why don't men approach me? Someone told me my attitude doesn't make me likeable and no guys approach me for some reason" and I said "Smile more." I told her she is quite good looking and has a great smile, she just needs to smile more.

Shaolinlueb
07-04-2003, 09:06 PM
without the woman, who would feed the family, watch out for our next generation, it takes both men and woman to survive. men may have "built" this world, but woman took care of the men when they got home so it goes hand in hand.

ZIM
07-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Still talking roles, here. If you got the attitude that you don't need anyone else, then others pick up on that and go elsewhere. Simple. "No man is an island", yatta yatta shish boom bah Maybe she's frigid.

And anyhow, lots of fathers feed their kids and love them, so its still roles, still fluid.

Tell her that men are obviously good for asking these questions to, becoz her girlfriends can't figure it out. :p

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 09:16 PM
xactly, on my analogy one sees anyone can play the "independant" person game.
if really one dont want anyone (man or wimmin) by his/her side, then beatch out
and dont be asking "oh why they dont aproach me" if you dont even recognize their true value in the first place

i think she is projecting her frustration* (see further note on this bellow) trying to blame men for her insatisfaction, as if saying she dont got one cos she dont need one, or saying she dont got one cos men are not good enough for her or not smart enough to note her presence.

look, Xebby suffers a lot for not having a wimmin (and a dog too), but he dont blame the wimmin for it, its not like im gonna say wimmin dont notice me so then they must be stupid. One gotta open ones eyes and see the true reasons (that might be on oneself) instead of randomly pointing the finger to blame someone else for ones frustrations in life.

*of not being with a man (that she would really like and love) OR of such man not coming into her life

ZIM
07-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Moving furniture, extra money & bearing the brunt of "what the heck are you good for?" comments. God, do I feel used....

Xebsball
07-04-2003, 09:42 PM
dude! dude!
please make that answer more complex, with more stuff...

or Xebby is REALLY never gonna score!

help a brotha out PLEAZZZ!

FatherDog
07-04-2003, 10:27 PM
She said to me earlier tonight "Why don't men approach me?

She wants you. Hit her up doggy-style in the restroom.

PHILBERT
07-04-2003, 10:33 PM
If you saw our restrooms, you wouldn't say that. :p

No, she doesn't want me. I hope not. She is 26, I'm 19. That's kind of creepy. Though she does diss me alot, then run up and hug me and say she is joking.

jon
07-05-2003, 12:22 AM
What are women good for?
Turn your question around and you will still get the same answers.

Besides why is she soon keen to seperate the reproductive side of the equation. It might be just me but that would seem like a pretty darn good reason for having different sexes to me.

Besides i figured out the battle of the sexes ages ago, it basicaly brakes down to one total truth...
*All* women are f*@kin nuts:rolleyes:

Kristoffer
07-05-2003, 06:02 AM
We are stronger. This is our world. Women only exist coz we need to **** once in a while.

Former castleva
07-05-2003, 06:05 AM
"They carry half the genetic structure for any given offspring, and many advantages or disadvantages are carried through the male half, hence mutations tend to start there. I don't know if thats exactly "good", but it is needed. Mutation is evolution in action. "

I´m not sure what you mean but while I´m quick to point out that mutations,as mutations can sometimes turn out to be favourable,very often they are just plain bad.
Considering that reproduction is what we´re talking here,I´d say mutation certainly is not the driving force.

The question is a bit absurd,the original question.
Of course we could turn it on it´s head and say that the world would do very well without it´s "takers",us and other animals.Pretty well with remaining kingdoms.

Ha,ha.Nice lines Xebs.

chen zhen
07-05-2003, 06:10 AM
Philbert, don't see things in such a moody light. We men ARE much more than sperm banks....:p

We all are....:cool: :D

And Xebby, what do you need a dog for? U are a dog.:cool:

Chang Style Novice
07-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Dumbest question ever. Disregarding sex and reproduction and all that, what are women good for?

Becca
07-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Lotts of things. Companionship. Love. Different points of view. Comfort.

1. Companionship- it is nice to know that there is at least one person on the planet that is with you because the want to be. It's a bit of an ego boost to know that someone who isn't related to you wants to be in your company.

2. Love- the love of a child is unconditional, but it isn't a mature love and doesn't fullfil one the same way. Love that is earned is much more satisfying.

3. Different points of veiw- people tend to see things one way. Having someone who thinks along a different line helps to understand sertain issues. And knowing that you can trust this person to give honest opinions helps one except the more dificult ones.

4. Comfort- let's face it, most of us women like to feel protected and charished. Even those of us who think we don't need anyone. I can feed and take care of my kids by myself. I know this because it is a fact of life for me. But it would be nice to know that there is someone out there who would slay my dragons for me if I asked him too. Not that I would need him too. But that he could and would.

Philbert- FatherDog is right, she probably is atracted to you on some level, or she wouldn't have told you all that. Don't nessisarily mean she wants a relationship with you, but she might.

SevenStar
07-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Xebs, ok maybe not you. But she is one tough woman, and very good looking. If I were 26, Id try and sleep with her. She said to me earlier tonight "Why don't men approach me? Someone told me my attitude doesn't make me likeable and no guys approach me for some reason" and I said "Smile more." I told her she is quite good looking and has a great smile, she just needs to smile more.

Dude, when I was 18, I dated a 27 year old... try to sleep with her anyway. Age ain't nothin but a number.

SevenStar
07-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Men are the backbone that a woman could never really provide to another. Some women may try to look and act like men, but underneath it all, they are still women. They are still emitional, still have PMS, are still weaker than us, etc. A woman needs that sense of protection that another woman just can't give. If a guy is attacking a woman, who do you think she wants protecting her - me, or some woman the same size as her who tries to act like a man? Also, IMO, it takes a man to raise one. Sure, a woman can raise a boy alone, and I give props to all those who do. But, every young male needs that male figure in his life, and a woman just doesn't fit that bill.

cho
07-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Men are there to bring balance into this world, like women. It's like asking what good is the Yin(passive) without Yang?

Budokan
07-05-2003, 12:54 PM
We're good for giving a mud-blasting beatdown to nimble-necked phuques who ask idiot questions....

That's gotta count for something!

Budokan
07-05-2003, 01:00 PM
And I couldn't agree more with Sevenstar's observation. I used to teach high school and brother, I'm here to tell ya, you could tell about 99-percent of the time which kids had no father-figure in their life.

And, yes, it takes a man to raise a boy into a man. Women are capable of many great things. But raising a boy into a man simply ain't one of 'em...anymore than a man would be super successful in raising a daughter into a woman. (Yes, it *can* be done, but those are the exceptions and NOT the rule) There's a good reason for the pair bond with raising children. It's not an artificial construct; it's a natural dynamic formed over millions of years. And it works, most of the time, if you have a pair-bond interested in raising a child who knows the meaning of responsibility.

But in our Fast Food culture, alas, many parents today view "child rearin'" as simply something to do in between commercials....:rolleyes:

Chang Style Novice
07-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Enough water and mulch is plenty - more than they need, really, as long as you keep parasites off 'em.

Wait, I'm thinking of tomatoes, not children.

shaolin kungfu
07-05-2003, 04:48 PM
It was an easy mistake to make.

-N-
07-06-2003, 08:42 AM
She can change her own oil on her car, fixes her own car, takes out the garbage, RAISE THREE KIDS ON HER OWN, changes the light bulbs, kills the insects, etc. So what are men good for?

For answering the question, "Do these pants make my butt look fat?" ;)

N.

fgxpanzerz
07-06-2003, 10:36 AM
<<<<Your joking right? Men built the world. Women didn't do that, they are too emotional and wishy washy for any major leadership roles. Just look at Hillary, she's to emotionally attached to even dump Billy boy.

Heck, Women are too busy trying to get whats "Pretty", and not what's practical. Yeah, they may "Cook" the bacon, but it's us guys that bring it home. In fact, it's us guys that produce the Pigs that the Bacon comes from to begin with. INFACT!, it's MEN that establish, run, and manage the farms that raise the pigs that give us the bacon to bring home for the woman to cook.

You want to see real men in action?? Go to the floor of any stock, commodity, or optins exchage. Vertually all you see are men. With out those exchanges the economy would not function, grind to a hault and everyone would starve because there would be no fund hedging to fund the farm that grows the pig that gives us the bacon to bring home to the Woman for her to cook.

'So you see, without men there would be no Bacon Cheesburgers, because there would be no bacon.

>>>>>>>

Royal dragon,

everything you said is true, not because men are better than women or because women are "wishy washy and only care about pretty things." The things you said are true because of this thing called SEXISM. Did you ever wonder that maybe most of the people in the New York STock exchange are men because we don't let women into our world? Women are interested in being pretty because that's an ideal that WE put into their heads.

Men are the subject and women are the object of their pleasure.'

Maybe this sexism could also explain the lack of female Sifus.

any thoughts?

Becca
07-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Not in my style! Out of eight sifus in our association, only one is female, but that is because the other two aren't active. And about half of our senior students are women.

IMHO, the reason there aren't more more female Sifus is because of the time constraints. To become Sifu in White Drogn, you must enter the Wosu Program. This is 5-6 hours a day M-F and most of Saturday. On top of working, you can see why many Wosus never make it. Add to the fact that many of the women in our style are mothers, it becomes obvios why there are more men than women in the program. And only one or two of the men are married. We do have two younger women waiting to enter the program, right now. They just need to reach their 18th birthday.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Take a look at the animal kingdom and you will see why there must be 2 genders - when the female is carrying or raising the offspring the males provide protection for the females and the offspring.

In human terms, the male of the species has the role of defending and trying to provide food and shelter for the female and the children. Unfortunately too many men do a bad job of it ;)

Budokan
07-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Wimmin are good for making bacon sammiches.

RedSkaNite
07-06-2003, 05:49 PM
BUT-90% of the best chefs in the world are men. Pretty much 90% of the best EVERYTHING in the world are men. Except maybe gymnists.

Also, women can't pee on a campfire.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RedSkaNite
BUT-90% of the best chefs in the world are men. Pretty much 90% of the best EVERYTHING in the world are men. Except maybe gymnists.

Also, women can't pee on a campfire.

Women can pee on a campfire, they just have to risk burning their private parts :D

Vapour
07-06-2003, 08:09 PM
"What are men good for?"

Question only asked by women who never had meaningfull relationship with men.

Serpent
07-06-2003, 09:12 PM
The reason that so many fields of endeavour are dominated by men is that women, at some point, are gonna have to take time off and have a baby and then rear the bloody thing. Meanwhile, man continues doing his thing.

If men and women could give birth, there'd be a lot more equality in the workplace and various other institutions and fields of endeavour.

Think about it.

I'd rather have tomatoes anyway.

Laughing Cow
07-06-2003, 09:17 PM
What are man and women REALLY good for??

Humans don't split like cells or other ameoba, nor are the bi-sexual like snails.
Therefore it has to be sex and the continuance of the human race.

An lets face it that is really what we are here for be born, grow up, find a mate, generate off-spring and die.

The rest is just window dressing and misplaced ego.
;)

Cheers.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow
What are man and women REALLY good for??

Humans don't split like cells or other ameoba, nor are the bi-sexual like snails.
Therefore it has to be sex and the continuance of the human race.

An lets face it that is really what we are here for be born, grow up, find a mate, generate off-spring and die.

The rest is just window dressing and misplaced ego.
;)

Cheers.

But the femo-nazis will tell you that science has figured out how to fertilise an ova without male-produced sperm. However, the latest scientific research (no doubt carried out by men :)) has shown that the male chromosomes do more than just determine the sex of the child.

And let's not forget about genetic diversity :)

Laughing Cow
07-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

But the femo-nazis will tell you that science has figured out how to fertilise an ova without male-produced sperm. However, the latest scientific research (no doubt carried out by men :)) has shown that the male chromosomes do more than just determine the sex of the child.

And let's not forget about genetic diversity :)

Studies also show that choosing one mate for life is the dumb thing to do.

Serpent
07-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Studies also show that men are way better than women.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow

Studies also show that choosing one mate for life is the dumb thing to do.

I agree with those studies :D

shaolin kungfu
07-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Studies show that men are 55% more likely to be totally awesome.

Becca
07-06-2003, 09:46 PM
This topic sure went off-cource quick! Leave it to the Aussies to take things all wrong.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 09:54 PM
I mean, men are mammals and we flip out and kill stuff. We are so totally awesome.

Serpent
07-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Men are 75% more likely to be a totally sweet ninja.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

And we can do it all while wailing away on our guitars :D

Becca
07-06-2003, 10:08 PM

And us women are standing off to the side explaing to little Johnny that Daddy's got issues. And Daddy will give him back his jammies before bed time.

Shuul Vis
07-06-2003, 10:14 PM
A world without men would just be a world where all the women died trying to drive. lol

joedoe
07-06-2003, 10:16 PM
But being male, Johnny doesn't need this explained to him by a woman :D

Serpent
07-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Johnny will be totally flipping out, kicking his mom in the face for trying to drive.

joedoe
07-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Vapour
"What are men good for?"

Question only asked by women who never had meaningfull relationship with men.

And those who suffer from a bad case of p3nis envy :D

Becca
07-07-2003, 08:21 PM
You mean p3nis denile.

or is that withdrewal?

joedoe
07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
The Nile is a river, not a p3nis :D

And every woman I make love to suffers from p3nis withdrawal :D

Becca
07-07-2003, 08:41 PM
The Nile is a river, not a p3nis :D

You mean denile.

Serpent
07-07-2003, 08:47 PM

Usually within the first 2 or 3 minutes, eh?

joedoe
07-07-2003, 08:48 PM

Usually within the first 2 or 3 minutes, eh?

2 minutes?!?!?!?! I would kill to be able to last that long! :D

Becca
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Becca
You mean p3nis denile.

joedoe
07-07-2003, 09:00 PM
But there are very few women I have denied my p3nis to :D

Becca
07-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Deliberateyly or by accident? ;) :D

Serpent
07-07-2003, 09:08 PM

2 minutes?!?!?!?! I would kill to be able to last that long! :D

LOL.

Serpent
07-07-2003, 09:08 PM
But there are very few women I have denied my p3nis to :D

Whether they wanted it or not!

:eek:

joedoe
07-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Becca
Deliberateyly or by accident? ;) :D

Both!

Kuen
07-08-2003, 06:18 AM
You want to see real men in action?? Go to the floor of any stock, commodity, or optins exchage.

ROTFLMFAO!!!

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-08-2003, 10:59 AM
A world without men would just be a world where all the women died trying to drive.

seriously ... you guys have never been in the car with shuuls woman. it's terrifying.

PHILBERT
07-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, I told her I'd have an answer within 24 hours, I gave her this...

Well, who else is supposed to strip for you on your 21st birthday?

So yeah...the bet is over.

joedoe
07-08-2003, 03:29 PM
But did you nail her? :D

JusticeZero
07-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by fgxpanzerz
The things you said are true because of this thing called SEXISM. Did you ever wonder that maybe most of the people in the New York STock exchange are men because we don't let women into our world? Women are interested in being pretty because that's an ideal that WE put into their heads. Women don't WANT to go through the hassles of being on the stock exchange and such. If you narrow your focus to those who are unmarried and have no children in the same fields, the "gender gap" inverts and suddenly you see that women are out-earning the men by a significant gap. Why would a woman want to go through the hassle of fighting her way to the top of the corporate ladder? All she has to do is date some poor patsy who believes in the rat race and she'll have all the advantages with none of the horrific drawbacks. Women have the majority of the power in the modern world.

PHILBERT
07-09-2003, 12:13 PM
But did you nail her? :D

That was never part of the deal, and no I didn't nail her. She is 7 years older than me, divorced and 3 kids. Very pretty girl, great smile, wish she were 18 or 19, and no kids, but oh well.

joedoe
07-09-2003, 04:08 PM

That was never part of the deal, and no I didn't nail her. She is 7 years older than me, divorced and 3 kids. Very pretty girl, great smile, wish she were 18 or 19, and no kids, but oh well.

All that means is that she has plenty of experience :) I guess it comes down to whether you like her that way or not. Really, age is not that big a deal, particularly as you get older. ;)