PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th ('Specially to the Brits), Ignorance, and Virtua Fighter 4

Vash
07-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Happy 4th of July! 'Specially to the Brits among us. Sorry. You lost. Get over it ;)

Anyway, interesting day at work. I only had three people call in and ask when we closed. I said midnight. They asked if that was twelve (12). I said yes. They asked if that was AM or PM. I said PM. Frikkin Arkansans.

Okay, to the rant. I just recently reinjured the first floating rib on my right side. Hurts like a mother. Almost a burning at the side, really feels "poppy" around my solar plexus. Going to get a doctor eval and a wrap Monday. Taking Sunday off work.
Well, this injury has forced me to make a decision: I'm taking off. No karate (eek!). No weight training. Hell, only thing I'll be doing is physical therapy on my knees, left elbow, and stretching.
Hot baths every night. Lots of TLC from the GF. My layoff is probly going to be only for the rest of this month. Hopefully. However, if it ain't 100% by then, another solid month off.

An' I got a Sho Dan retest in November.

I decided that tonight, I was gonna calm down from the day by playing a quick game of Virtua Fighter 4. Well, I did pretty good. I'm currently ranked as a 4th Dan. I had 26 fights, 1 loss. I beat a 10th Dan Aiki-Jujutsu girl, a 9th Dan Hagakure-ryu Jujutsu Ninja, and a drunken boxer. I got beat by a frikkin 3rd Dan Shaolin Fighter. (3rd Dan CMA?) I was using a Jeet Kune Do bad@$$. Serves him right!

Well, that's my rant. Time to slather my elbow, rib, and knees in some semi-good store-bought Dit Da Jow, let dry, repeat, then reapply. Think I'm gonna by seom herbs from that cool dude that responded to my Jow thread.

Thanks for listening. Peace.

Vash
07-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Okay, to make it seem LESS like a gripe post for which I am most known, a question for those who've had training downtime of a month or more:

What did you do in the mean time?

I'm thinking: reading books on martial arts (some new ones), working on leg strength via stance practice, slow kicks, physical therapy, forearm work (dumbbells), getting to know something about Hsing-I, getting to sepnd a lot more time with the girlfriend, and basically *****ing about not being able to train.