PDA

View Full Version : Do you have limits? do you know your limit?

Ging Mo Fighter
07-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey, I recently had an altercation with four much older, and larger men (im only 21 and of fairly thin build) and although they stirred me up greatly and insulted my girlfriend, I decided it was probably better to get the hell out of there and stand up for my honour in a more "fair" environment, even though my hand was making a fist :)

Just wondering how "capable" people here think they are? What are you limits if someone is really asking for it? and by that I mean they are threatening the people you love, but not actually attacking you (although they are very much giving you the feeling that they are about to attack you)

Do you know what your limits are? 3 well built men? 4?

my dad said you have to watch your A$$ even against 2 people, which I agree with, expecially in a street fight.

More importantly, when would you fight?
In hindsight I think I made the right decision.

SevenStar
07-05-2003, 03:32 AM
you did make the right decision. Good job.

As far as limits, you can't really measure that. You can say "I can take three guys with no problem", but you have no clue what three guys you will be up against, what they are armed with, their skill level, etc. they may catch you by surprise, in which case, it's over before it started. The same things can happen with only one person. You have to be careful and use proper judgement in ANY situation.

Kristoffer
07-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Yeah i agree. That's kinda scary scenario. If I thought that I could take them (by this it depends on my mood. When I'm ****ed I usually fight better) but If I was taken by surprise + they are bigger + I have an option to walk away and avoid etc etc.. then I would say that I don't want trouble and leave.

Liokault
07-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Fighting for your honour is crazy.

Only reason to fight is when there is no alternative.

This also gives u the benafit of useing anything at hand as you have no choice but to try to hurt them, so grab a weapon (almost anything long or hard or sharp) and sunenly 4 guys arnt so hard.

fidon
07-06-2003, 05:40 AM
I guess if the situation you are put into is really threatening to either you or your loved ones, then i would fight, or if the person/s were really insulting and they are really pushing it then go for it, a pok sow should send them sliding down the bar table. But it also depends on your surroundings, cause if it was an alleyway or something then fight like there's no tommorow if you really feel your life endangered.

dezhen2001
07-06-2003, 10:38 AM
i know its hard enough for me even to spar against someone so a real fight with ONE person is probably more than enough :) It depends on surprise, location, whats happening before/during/after etc. who gets the first hit.

I know i would try to do everything i can to avoid it as i have family to think of etc.

you made the right decision though by far,

dawood

FatherDog
07-06-2003, 12:03 PM
"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

No_Know
07-06-2003, 12:47 PM
More can be easier because they are tools to get in each others way. As far as numbers it's still one at a time. But its just not in the same spot.

In Kung fu ther are movements that seem to not be purposeful like attack is happening and the other hand is out somewhere. When fighting more than one and getting attacked that out hand migh be striking or blocking a rushing in tackler about to turn your world topsy-tervy~.

Surferdude
07-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Its goood that you walked away...
But i can take 90 guys at once...single handed...with only 1 leg!!!:D :p

Actually i can hardly take 2!!:D :D

Former castleva
07-06-2003, 01:28 PM
"even though my hand was making a fist "

Might have been,and perhaps you noticed that you might have noticed that you did it unconciously.
You think about it,a lot of what you felt and did might have been.
Fortunately you did not act out of instinct,thatīs good.

Should you have attacked them,you and your company would have been in danger.

SevenStar
07-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by fidon
or if the person/s were really insulting and they are really pushing it then go for it, a pok sow should send them sliding down the bar table.

What makes you think that they won't counter and send you sliding down the bar table?

Laughing Cow
07-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Good that you walked away.

I have seen quiet a few people that were confident that they could win in a certain situation only to release halfway through the fight that their ego and confidence exceeded their skill and they got beaten badly.

Once you made a commitment to fight it is hard to back out of it and go back on your decision.

As is said in " Art of War" don't start a fight unless you are 100% sure that you WILL win it, and in this case there is no need to fight as the outcome has already been decided.

Cheers.

joedoe
07-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Discretion is the better part of valour. You made the right decision. Even if it was one-on-one you don't know enough about the other guy to know that you can definitely take him. Best to walk away (if possible) under any circumstance.

Budokan
07-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Budokan has no limits. He falls to the ground and p*sses himself while squalling like a baby everytime he gets into trouble. He never fails. His capacity to embarrass himself is limitless.

Budokan has no limits.

Okami
07-06-2003, 06:18 PM
My limit is 3 beers in one sitting.

Any more than that and I think I am an expert on everything from 80's movie trivia to the best way to barbeque a hot dog.

Usually turns out bad.