PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback on Sifu Paul Eng's School (Campbell, CA)

Gippeto
07-05-2003, 11:12 AM
I am wondering if anyone has heard of Sifu Paul Eng:

http://www.earthworks.com/eng/index.html

I am going to call and leave a message and run through my standard list of questions with them, but I was just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this school.

Thanks in advance!

bungda07
07-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Gippeto, Go to the Northern Praying Mantis Forum. You'll find more replies there.

V/r

Steve M.

Gippeto
07-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Ack! You are probably correct. Thank you very much! :)

I should have realized that before posting here, sorry about that. :rolleyes:

Fen
07-05-2003, 05:54 PM
This is the list of Teachers that he studyed from::

Sifu Eng's background includes study with the following masters:

Sifu Chin King Woon - Hong Kong (Choi Lee Fut)
Sifu Leung Hung - New York (Tai Chi)
Sifu Chan Kwon Ming - New York (Choi Gar)
Sifu Wong Moon Toy - New York - Fu Jow Pai (Tiger Claw System),
Northern My-Jong (Lost Track) Style, Hung Gar Tiger/Crane System
Sifu Wong Jack Man - San Francisco Tai Chi,Hsing-I, Pa Kua, Northern Shaolin, Shaolin Lo Han
Sifu Jiu Jook Kite - Saigon/Hong Kong Tai Chi, Praying Mantis
Sifu Kam Yuen - Los Angeles, Seven Star Praying Mantis

Note the RED.. Maybe NorthernShaolin Will post on this one, I think this might be his elder class mate from WJM. I wish I could remember his name. But sorry I do not at this time!!

~Jason

NorthernShaolin
07-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Yes Eng Sifu is my older classmate.

Eng Sifu knowledge is very extenstive and he is a very traditional in his teachings. Like many sifus of his generations no commericializm, just work of mouth. Large number of students that enroll in his class is not an issue or a concern to him.

He is very well respected in the CMA community and teaches quality stuff. His current curriculum is mainly on Tai Chi Praying Mantis but will teach the other styles.

ShaolinMantis
07-07-2003, 02:54 PM
Please check Eng's sifu's new website:

www.taimantiskungfu.com

for bio, history, styles, dvd, books, school info, semmars, monthly article, etc.

or

www. shao-lin-dao.com, under schools

Northern Shaolin:

Hi SiSook,
It was good seeing you at the Berkely tournament, anyone coming to the Open Division @ the Tai Chi Mantis Tournament?

respects...to you and Wong Sigung

NorthernShaolin
07-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Shaolinmantis,

Greetings. Yes, SFMANTIS and I plan to be there. Several of my classmate will be there: Sifus Bryant Fong, William Dere and Herb Leung.

Also I heard that Sifus Raymond Wong and Kam Yuen will be there too.

See you there!!