PDA

View Full Version : internal medicines for healing

bungda07
07-05-2003, 12:36 PM
I know there are all types of Hit medicines, but are there any herbs for internal healing of bruises of bones?

V/r

Steve M.

Jack Squat
07-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Hello bungda07.

Yes there are excellent herbs for that. One of the simplest and most common (but not necessarily most effective) is "dit da wan" (dit da pill), which is like "dit da jow" except it is formulated for internal consumption. Note: DO NOT drink dit da jow!!!!!!!

I think you should see your local TCM doctor or acupuncturists if you are in need of any internal medication. One thing that most people don't realize about TCM is that medicines (herbs) are not prescribed in the same way as Western medicines are. The best way to prescribe them is to take the persons total pattern into account, not just "cookbook" herbology (herb A is for broken bones, herb B is for pain, etc). When the patients total pattern is taken into account, the formula is custom made for the individual.
For example, the bones may have broken because they were weak, thus the Kidney needs to be tonified as well, etc.

Hope this helps......

Jack

ZIM
07-06-2003, 07:42 AM
I'm not completely familiar with them, so my comments are general.

I've read up on some recipes for herbal wines meant for different purposes and a little on chinese cooking. They are IMPO seamlessly interwoven- the food is the prescription, I think, and that is backed up by information garnered from various commentaries. The herbal wines sometimes read as if they were good sauces and broths.

That makes sense, really. You are what you eat, and I guess you can eat for effect. :) Turkey + red wine = ZZZ. Like that.

There are also, of course, many more 'chemical, mineral or herbal' oriented kinds of things, but I don't know a great deal regarding those. I'm sure you're more after those, but don't ignore the larger picture.

2 cents, what do you expect.
The best way to prescribe them is to take the persons total pattern into account, not just "cookbook" herbology (herb A is for broken bones, herb B is for pain, etc). When the patients total pattern is taken into account, the formula is custom made for the individual.

BSH
07-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Jack:

Don't drink your External Dit Da Jow. However, there are Internal Dit Da Jow's. Those can be drunk.

Jack Squat
07-07-2003, 12:35 PM
BSH

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make.

Many common dit da jows are for external use only. Some are for internal use, but I have seen novices drink the external use only type, so I would rather have the novices out there be better safe than sorry!

For internal, use dit da wan, chi li san, yunnan bai yow, etc.

Jack

bungda07
07-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks for your replys. I understand not to take the external medicine. Used for 4 years in White Crane. Thanks for the help with the internal medicines.

Steve M.

ntc
07-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Steve:

There are quite a few herbs that will help with internal bruising and bone repair.... like another person previously mentioned, you really need to take into consideration the condition of the entire person prior to prescription of treatment, especially if the herbs are taken internally.

There are also a few herbs that are frequently used EXTERNALLY that have been known to have a healing influence towards internal bruises and bones:
- San Qi
- Xue Jie
- Hung Hua
- (Crushed charred shell of crabs)

Remember that these are EXTERNAL applications and should not be taken internally, otherwise there could be hazardous effects on health. They should NOT be applied on open wounds either. Frequently, these herbs need to be combined with other blood/Qi movers along with other herbs to be effective.

bungda07
07-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Thanks NTC, Chinese medicine and it's long history is facinating.

When you mention Blood/Qi movers with herbs, is there an example you can give me.

V/r

Steve M.

ntc
07-10-2003, 11:07 AM
San Qi (also known as Tien Chi) is a good example. It is a key ingredient in the major of dit da jow formulas because of three of its principle strengths:
- breaks through blood clots
- promotes the flow of Qi along the meridians
- promotes the flow of Blood in the vessels
If you wanted the Qi and Blood flow directed at certain meridians, you will need to locate the specific herbs that are known to direct action towards certain meridians and organs.