yuanfen
07-06-2003, 10:47 AM
http://www.fongswingchun.com/multimedia.html

sel
07-06-2003, 11:24 AM
thanks yuanfen, i enjoyed that :)

yuanfen
07-06-2003, 04:45 PM
you are welcome sel. I didnt know the clip was up till earlier today.
I thought that it would give one brief illustration that
chi sao is a continuum- not a mechanical drill.

That's just single hand and different from glove work. Regards.
joy

Shadowboxer
07-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks Yuanfen,

I had trouble finding the site the other day, I guess because they recently moved it? Do you know if that was Tony Sifu Fong was playing with? I hope they make it to Taiji Legacy again this year.

yuanfen
07-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Yes- that is Tony who by the way also hasa grappling background.
I dont think that Sifu Fong will be at the Taichi legacy tournament this year- but you never know...

yuanfen
07-10-2003, 04:52 PM
http://www.fongswingchun.com/home.html

Shadowboxer- I just checked- the site is not down or moved.
See URL above.

Goodwishes, Joy

ntc
07-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Yuan:

Just FYI... I did try to go on the site earlier in the week (Monday morning, I believe) and the site was down, but only for a short while (like a couple of hours). I was able to get on later in the day. The video is pretty cool, seeing Augusting using one-hand against someone coming at him with two hands, and seeing how he controls the opponent.

By the way, to those who might not have noticed in the video or might not be aware of this approach, Augustine uses a very effective technique against kicking. You will notice that at one point (about midway through the video), Augustine has his opponent under control by trapping the hand; the opponent that proceeds to deliver a kick... Augustine senses this and further controls his opponent's structure by moving him about (in this case, into the opponent and jamming his structure), thereby breaking the structure and not allowing the kick to finish. This technique is very commonly used when one senses that an opponent is about to throw a kick - by controlling the opponent's structure and adjusting the control in response to the feeling of what is happening immediately before the kick is thrown, the opponent will not be able to deliver the kick. Of course, this can only be done when the two people were initially in contact and the WC person is able to sense the opponent's moves which ultimately exposed the intent to kick; if both were not in contact, then this would probably not be as easy to execute. This also requires a high level of sensitivity which can only be achieved through Chi Sao.

yuanfen
07-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi NTC- by incorporating and coordinationg and closing in latsao/chi sao control of structure beginnining with when not in
contact is also possible..sharpening timing via various forms of chi sao is the key.

ntc
07-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Yuan:

Yuppers.

Shadowboxer
07-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Thanks Yuan,

I'll email Tony myself but would you happen to know if he or any other students are coming to Taiji Legacy this year? It was alot of fun getting to do chi sao/hang with them outside of the competition.

Cheers,

Chad

yuanfen
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Chad- I dont know whether Tony is going this year.
Regards, Joy